Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #16  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Pxl... I'm so glad that you were fast and got to your son so quickly. I'm glad he's ok and I'm so sorry you tweaked your knee.

I lost 4.6 pounds in W1. My WI was Monday morning. I got on the scale this morning and I'm down less than a pound from Monday. Is this normal? I'm at a weight I haven't seen since 1975. It's been that long since the 140's showed on my scale.
I'm hoping my Nashua Nutrition order shows up today.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks MovingON for starting the daily thread.

We were at a pool party last night. When my son (3 yrs old) was done swimming, he climbed out of the pool using his newly learned skills from his first swim lesson last week. Unfortunately, when he stood up, he lost his balance, and fell back into the pool. I had already gotten out, but saw it happen, span around, jumped in, and fished him out. The pool was only 2.5 ft deep at that part. I put him up on my knee, and looked up to see about 10 people standing around staring at us.
Thank goodness he is okay, and I hope your knee doesn't bother you too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebeth7 View Post
With less than 3 months to go before the BIG DAY (my brother's wedding), I'm really trying to stick to it. I've been on strict bootcamp this week, and it's really paid off so far!! I'm weighing every day this week, just to make sure I am accountable for each day, and I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. YAY!!

FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.

It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!!
Like Pxlkitty says bring your own food... even bring like a bar something that will make you not crave any goodies available... I always have a glass of water in my hand so when I want to reach for food I have another drink of water. You could also try eating before you go...
Congrats about onederland, it is such an accomplishment.

Good morning all... I am totally glad it is Thursday even though I only have to work 3 days this week, it was really hard to get out of bed today... could have something to do with my old dog waking me up at 1:30 to come upstairs, and then again at 3 then when I got up at 4:45 to walk her she was downstairs sleeping away on the couch.... just where I want to be, back in the warm bed.
I hope you all have a wonderful OP day, welcome to the newbies, I love this program it is so encouraging and the results are so awesome...

For those of you waiting to see the changes, the wait is worth it, don't stress about the program let it work for you.

MovinOn - have a great trip and thanks for open the chat for today.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #18  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Pxlkitty4..What is chicken shawarma?
I get it from a local Lebanese market (they also have restaurants). It's very low in fat and they make it completely from white-meat chicken. Here is a recipe if you are interested. Don't make the sauce. It isn't IP friendly. The place I get it I ask for garlic sauce. It's pureed garlic, lemon, and olive oil. I have a little bit of that and count it as my oil for the day.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chic...0000001816368/

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-04-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #19  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Maile I also saw it on the IP recipes link: not the real stuff but for phase 1

chicken shawarma

*Prep Time: 5 minutes
*Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
* 3 tbsps of olive oil
* 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
* 3 tbsps garam masala

Directions
*Sprinkle one side of chicken pieces with garam masala and place seasoned side down in hot olive oil.
*Sprinkle top of chicken with more garam masala and saute' for 5 minutes.
*Turn chicken pieces, adding more olive oil as needed, and saute' for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebeth7 View Post
FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.
Congratulations, its been 15 years since i've been in onederland and i can't wait to get there!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged I put on my fattest fat-pants. Seriously. They are waaaayyyyy too big and saggy now. But it reminds me of how far I've come when I'm having an "I feel fat" day. I also like to remind myself that I've lost more than my 5 year old weighs. That's perspective!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

So, with a 3 lb loss last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!

Last edited by Ishbel; 08-04-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
So, with a 3 lb lose last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Way to go, Ishbel!!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
So, with a 3 lb lose last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Congratulations!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #25  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
So, with a 3 lb loss last night I'm at a total 60 lbs lost. I'm 'verrahappy' right now! I'm only 10 lbs from my half way mark. Life is good today!

Congrats on the 60lbs and only being 10lbs away from your halfway point. I made my 60lbs as well yesterday but still have a lot more to go. It is a great feeling that is for sure.

Good morning everyone, work phone is ringing off of the hook already this morning with delays because of weather...grrrr. That is ok though I work from home so I don't have to get out in it. I think its going to be a pretty good day, going eat my chocolate coconut pudding...yummy! everyone have a fantastic day!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #26  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, stepped on that scale this morning to see if it moved back to where it was supposed to be, and it was back to 160.0 (after TOM and bloating finished), now lets hope these 150's come ASAP!
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #27  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Happy dance to all with successes big or small!!
NSV last night, spent 5 hours at the local dirt track, wasn't tempted once! People even wanted my vineage/salt chips, no way go drink your beer and eat your fried food....geesh people....HAHA!
Have a wonderful Thursday, we can all see the weekend from here.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #28  

Good morning all! I have relatives here helping to work on the roof! Gosh, we have to work like a dog to beat the storms that are coming tomorrow! My sis in law is so supportive of me on IP so I have not temptations. I am still feeling a little bloated from the cabbage I ate yesterday. Do certain foods bloat you? What do you do about it?

Congrat Ishbel on the 60 pounds! woohoo!
Colley, hope you see the 150's tomorrow!
Pselias, way to go on the baggy pants!

Congrats toanyone I missed on your SV and NSV'S!!

It's going to be a great day like Wuv2bluved said!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #29  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:

Thats great... I was so excited when I got to my half way mark, it is definately worth celebrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Sometimes when I'm feeling discouraged I put on my fattest fat-pants. Seriously. They are waaaayyyyy too big and saggy now. But it reminds me of how far I've come when I'm having an "I feel fat" day. I also like to remind myself that I've lost more than my 5 year old weighs. That's perspective!
That is a very good idea. I think that is why I also kept my outfit from my before and after pictures, as I really wanted to see the change and boy could I... when I tried on the skirt I thought hmmm a little loose but then I put on the shirt and as someone said it looked like I was playing dressup with big girl clothes. Have a great day.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

My 5 week weigh in went fine yesterday, I was worried for nothing thank goodness. The 180's are so close I can taste them!

Luv2b - chocolate coconut pudding? what's that and where do I get it??

Pxl - I just put my 3yo daughter in swim lessons too. Here in Washington there are lakes and rivers everywhere and I'm terrified of her drowning so I'm making her learn young, as you are. So far she loves it. So glad you got your son out of that pool quick with no issues.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote