3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat- Thursday, August 4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239964-ip-daily-chat-thursday-august-4-a.html)

YvetteSki 08-04-2011 12:19 PM

Recipe sounds yum yum. I'll have to have that tonight. Thank you!

lboogs311 08-04-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lroderick (Post 3973185)
SO MUCH CHEAPER !! ... 7 packets for $10.99 & they have the same stuff ... omelet,chili, spaghetti, puddings etc. Think im going to go for it? I mean kinda scarey to switch, but I think it's worth a shot ! I'm not completely going off IP, i'll still buy somethings every week, but I'm going to try repacing like one packet a day with the new brand ... & if I doesn't work out, i'll go back !

Hope everyone has a great day! :carrot:

Hi, what is the name of the brand you are getting cheaper? Just curious, I have started some non IP products this week and am really nervous. I want to find something compatible, like you have.
Thanks!

lroderick 08-04-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lboogs311 (Post 3973407)
Hi, what is the name of the brand you are getting cheaper? Just curious, I have started some non IP products this week and am really nervous. I want to find something compatible, like you have.
Thanks!

I'm actually not sure, My friend has been using them so she gave my a few to test out, - there in small white packets w/ directions but the brand isn't labeled :( This saturday Im going to buy them for myself, so i'll have to get back to you on the brand name !

Best of luck to you :) & i'll be in touch !

lboogs311 08-04-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lroderick (Post 3973422)
I'm actually not sure, My friend has been using them so she gave my a few to test out, - there in small white packets w/ directions but the brand isn't labeled :( This saturday Im going to buy them for myself, so i'll have to get back to you on the brand name !

Best of luck to you :) & i'll be in touch !

Sounds great, thank you! being in the same state, I am hoping I can find some!!!:cool:

wheekers 08-04-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lboogs311 (Post 3973475)
Sounds great, thank you! being in the same state, I am hoping I can find some!!!:cool:

I use balanced protein diet. They are white packets

nikkib 08-04-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiebeth7 (Post 3972943)
With less than 3 months to go before the BIG DAY (my brother's wedding), I'm really trying to stick to it. I've been on strict bootcamp this week, and it's really paid off so far!! I'm weighing every day this week, just to make sure I am accountable for each day, and I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. YAY!! :carrot:

FINALLY in onederland... can't remember when I've been down below 200 lbs... I guess all those little cheats that I thought wouldn't matter - did matter! If I give myself a centimeter, apparently I take a foot, and that just pulled me down into carb-cravings that I thought were gone forever. Back in a routine since Monday, really enjoying being back OP and hoping for the best over the next few weeks.

It is unfortunate that I have to avoid most social situations to control myself, but hey - it's worth it in the end, right?!! ;)

Hey don't feel too bad. I have avoided my share of social events also. I have yet to go to a movie. I think I would be ok but I'm not 100% positive yet about that. You are totaly right. It is well worth it in the end :)

wheekers 08-04-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lroderick (Post 3973185)
So yesterday was WI #5 & I lost 3 pounds ! :D I'll take it ... i'm dieing to just get into the 150's, to me it just sounds much better?! My coach told me to beef up on the water, so I even posted a reminder picture on my desk @ work in BIG letters it says "DRINK MORE WATER" hopefully it'll be a reminder to keep chugging!

I ran out of my multi-vitamins this week but my coach told me I can by my own? rather than spending $25, I can get an OTC woman's one a day ... kinda iffy, but if it saves me money ? i'll try it . Also, there is a nutrition place close by, who actually sells packets that are very similar to IP & actually the guy told me its the same makers of IP just different brand ?

SO MUCH CHEAPER !! ... 7 packets for $10.99 & they have the same stuff ... omelet,chili, spaghetti, puddings etc. Think im going to go for it? I mean kinda scarey to switch, but I think it's worth a shot ! I'm not completely going off IP, i'll still buy somethings every week, but I'm going to try repacing like one packet a day with the new brand ... & if I doesn't work out, i'll go back !

Hope everyone has a great day! :carrot:

I've done well on the alternatives. And I buy Walmart brand womans vitamins with the green tea in them

lroderick 08-04-2011 02:36 PM

Where are you girls located in MA ? i'm in the Fall River Area :)

Krista7382 08-04-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calee (Post 3973025)
Pxl... I'm so glad that you were fast and got to your son so quickly. I'm glad he's ok and I'm so sorry you tweaked your knee.

I lost 4.6 pounds in W1. My WI was Monday morning. I got on the scale this morning and I'm down less than a pound from Monday. Is this normal? I'm at a weight I haven't seen since 1975. It's been that long since the 140's showed on my scale.
I'm hoping my Nashua Nutrition order shows up today.

Calee: When did you start using alternative products? Any slow down in progress?

cadenlevi 08-04-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krista7382 (Post 3973671)
Calee: When did you start using alternative products? Any slow down in progress?

I order from the same place. I started last Sat and have been monitoring my weight daily (I know bad, but I wanted to keep track of my new alternative plan). I am still on track to lose at least 2.5 pounds this week which has been my average since the initial week. Hope this helps :D.

pselias 08-04-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3973347)
A fourth packet now and again isn't going to hurt you, better than starving :)

So true! I went ahead and had a vanilla RTD with lunch. I'll have a cappuccino w/ torani sugar free french vanilla for a snack later anyway.

kelly1962 08-04-2011 03:54 PM

8th week weigh in down 25 lbs and 40 inches!!

lboogs311 08-04-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lroderick (Post 3973623)
Where are you girls located in MA ? i'm in the Fall River Area :)

I'm in Plymouth!

Busymomx4 08-04-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1962 (Post 3973755)
8th week weigh in down 25 lbs and 40 inches!!

Congratulations!

chellebee72 08-04-2011 04:30 PM

I'm back on program today! You are all doing fabulously!!!!! I'm down 27.4 lbs and 30" since June 6th. I feel wonderful.
I have only just started but I can see what a great support system that you all for eachother and at the same time you give eachother a little kick in the pants when the need arises.
God Bless!!!!