3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   WF Marshmallow Dip!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239525-wf-marshmallow-dip.html)

coliep 07-30-2011 01:11 PM

WF Marshmallow Dip!!!!

So, I just bought this and really like it! Definitely satisfies my sweet tooth (and I am eating too much right now). Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried (a) a rice crispy treat with IP cereal and WF Marshmallow, or (b) freezing the WF Marshmallow to get an ice cream or cool whip type product?

Watkat 07-30-2011 01:19 PM

Oh, my gosh, that sounds yummy!!

coliep 07-30-2011 01:44 PM

Perhaps I could've tried it, if i didn't eat the whole jar in 24 hours :/

jennydoodle 07-30-2011 02:07 PM

Looks like I should open my jar! I have had it sitting in the cupboard but never opened it.

deelinn 07-30-2011 02:11 PM

I like the marshmallow dip too! When I make chocolate pudding cakes, I put a little in the middle...kinda like a ding dong. :) I've also used it as "icing" on pudding cakes. Got the idea from the recipe threads. Helps with variety a little.

Watkat 07-30-2011 03:56 PM

Oh, my, I am getting hungry!

Purrfect 07-30-2011 09:48 PM

I wish I could enjoy the treat as much as you all do seem to. I tossed my marshmallow in the trash...it just tasted like chemicals to me. I even tried "doctoring" it up, but alas, no such luck.

I have been playing with the pudding cakes tho and they just keep getting better, and better.
I did find that using 1/2 tsp baking soda AND 1/2 baking powder really makes a nice texture.

wildflower613 07-31-2011 12:28 AM

I'm tempted to get this next week. If not just for the pudding cakes but even to top my coffee as though I was getting "whipped cream" I just have so much WF stuff that I ended up not loving. I like the syrup and I like the Asian dressing. The peanut butter makes me want to hurl. Do you think I would like the marshmallow dip if I didn't like the peanut butter?

petie 07-31-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 3964726)
I'm tempted to get this next week. If not just for the pudding cakes but even to top my coffee as though I was getting "whipped cream" I just have so much WF stuff that I ended up not loving. I like the syrup and I like the Asian dressing. The peanut butter makes me want to hurl. Do you think I would like the marshmallow dip if I didn't like the peanut butter?

I'm not sure anybody likes the peanut butter. I've heard yes and no about the marshmallow too, but I ordered some. Guess I'll find out for me. Someone has a recipe to doctor the mayo that sounds good, wish the PB could be tweaked. What do you think about mustard and garlic whipped up in the PB?:D It most certainly could not hurt?

wheekers 07-31-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coliep (Post 3964081)
So, I just bought this and really like it! Definitely satisfies my sweet tooth (and I am eating too much right now). Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried (a) a rice crispy treat with IP cereal and WF Marshmallow, or (b) freezing the WF Marshmallow to get an ice cream or cool whip type product?

Really? I hated it. It had a really weird taste. And one of the people that work at the IP place said she tried to make a rice krispie treat and it wasnt bad. I never tried to do it.

coliep 07-31-2011 09:35 AM

Well, as for wether you will like this and what it tastes like . . .

Let's keep something in mind - it is 0/0/0 and is made from a bunch of chemicals. Yes, it does have a chemically aftertaste . . . at least at first. BUT, it wasn't as bad as the majority of WF products. The chocolate sauce has also grown on me. That said, I wanted something sweet and this fit the bill. It was like strange whipped sweetness on a spoon. I think that after not having anything I was desperate to have something and this satisfied me and the aftertaste wasn't so foul that it spoiled it for me.

I think the PB is absolutely foul.

wildflower613 07-31-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petie (Post 3964995)
I'm not sure anybody likes the peanut butter. I've heard yes and no about the marshmallow too, but I ordered some. Guess I'll find out for me. Someone has a recipe to doctor the mayo that sounds good, wish the PB could be tweaked. What do you think about mustard and garlic whipped up in the PB?:D It most certainly could not hurt?

I think I'm going to go ahead and try the marshmallow dip. Does anyone know what the mayo trick/recipe is? I have an unopened jar and I'm afraid to open it but really want to use it for a chicken salad spread lettuce wrap.

Aunt Sheshie 07-31-2011 12:11 PM

I've mixed WF marshmallow dip with WF chocolate syrup & frozen it... makes a fairly decent fudgecicle...

hugs :hug:

calee 07-31-2011 12:33 PM

I have used the WF BBQ sauce and it was ok. I bought the Caramel Sauce and think it's vile. All I can taste are the chemicals. I'm afraid to waste my money on anything else.

jennydoodle 07-31-2011 04:18 PM

I am sorry to say that I am not a fan of the marshmellow dip. The caramel syrup and chocolate syrup are decent in coffee, but the marshmellow was just way to chemical-y. I don't like the dressings either. The only one that is tolerable is the 1000 island in the big mac bowl.