Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning All! I love all my IP forum buddies, thanks for being here! Last night I tried the turnip fries and they were good! I put them in a ziplock bag with my garlic salt and pepper and 1tsp EVOO and then put them on a Pizza pan with holes in the bottom. Ithink that helped to crisp them up more.Today I want to try the kale chips.

Yes, day 3 can be tough, my biggest problem was wanting to put stuff in my mouth when I was cleaning up the table! I had company for those 3 days (my daughter and family) but they were all very supportive of me.So hang in there, you can do it!~

Bellamack, I feel for you, my WI #3 was 0 loss and WI #5 was +1 and I DIDN'T CHEAT! I am looking forward to WI #6 and hope it's a big loss. I am envious of those who lose every week.
I think we need to stick together on this journey! Good luck on #6!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #17  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I just say to exclude week one, because mathmatically (statistically) it would be considered a "flyer" it is not a "true" representation.

I know I need to be patient, but I wish people wouldn't come on here and say "I cheated and still lost" it just kills me. seriously. I know I am a slow loser for a couple of common reasons, Thyroid (Synthroid) and post-menopausal, but sometimes it seems so not worth it and maybe because it is a gloomy, rainy day I am down. I am sticking with it, I am just venting. Hubby who really didn't "need" to lose weight, is using alternatives, has splurged at picnics and has had beer has lost 20 lb. grrrrrrrrrrr and here I sit "miss to the letter strict" with only 11 lbs. gone. very frustrating, that's all I am saying. very. very. very.
I know that it's frustrating. We are here for you. One thought, and I have no idea if it's right or not.

Your body might be in starvation mode and you might actually need more food. Make sure that you are eating if you are hungry. When I travel, I sometimes need an extra packet or an extra salad. Sometimes I even have more protein...
Old 07-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #18  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday to my fellow IPers!!!!
Started the morning with WI#10 (only 4 days after WI#9)...down 2.

Totals for 10 weeks------39lbs and 47 inches GONE...

Those that aren't seeing the scale move, STICK WITH IT, trust the program and yourself!!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
I just say to exclude week one, because mathmatically (statistically) it would be considered a "flyer" it is not a "true" representation.

I know I need to be patient, but I wish people wouldn't come on here and say "I cheated and still lost" it just kills me. seriously. I know I am a slow loser for a couple of common reasons, Thyroid (Synthroid) and post-menopausal, but sometimes it seems so not worth it and maybe because it is a gloomy, rainy day I am down. I am sticking with it, I am just venting. Hubby who really didn't "need" to lose weight, is using alternatives, has splurged at picnics and has had beer has lost 20 lb. grrrrrrrrrrr and here I sit "miss to the letter strict" with only 11 lbs. gone. very frustrating, that's all I am saying. very. very. very.
You know I wouldn't take the first week out. Actually I would want to do anything to psych myself up to stay with the program. I believe weight loss is part mentality, so anything we can do to keep ourselves happy and believe in what we do the easier it gets.

I look at weight loss as watching the paint dry, lol, whether you look at wall or not it is going to take its time to dry! So the best strategy is to leave it alone to get dry. Relating to weight loss, whether you look at the numbers on the scale or not, it is going to take its time going down. So I have tried to talk myself into buying that I want to hang out with people who understand what I am going through share my successes and setbacks, hear their encouraging words while the numbers on the scale take their sweet time to go down, lol. But it is going to go down.

That is a given that men lose easier, younger people lose easier, so I would suggest try and not compare yourself with your husband. Actually try and find someone here with your commitment, height, the amount of weight they want to lose, and same age decade and see how do you compare with them. I bet that you are going to see that they are going through the same thing.

Also 61.8 percent of our bodies is water (according to http://www.enotes.com/science-fact-f...y-weight-water). Drink a cup of water and you see one pound increase on the scale. We retain water easily, maybe it was unfortunate that you retained water today on your official weigh in.

Maybe try and to talk yourself into that you are doing this for your health and you might not see the numbers change on the scale as fast as you want, but you have treated your body the best you could for another week. That should count for a lot, right?

Good luck.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-29-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

If you stick to this and stay on plan, I am guesssing at 10 weeks you are going to be the one encouraging others who feel the same as you do today. "only 11 ib"? you are doing great! The inches will melt away and the pounds. Hang in there. You cannot possibly read the posts on here and feel that you are unique with your weight loss. Many people complain or get discouraged like you in the beginning because we all want instant gratification. But as you know, thos who stay the course are so happy they did. You can do it!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #21  

For those of you who like the chocolate drink but are worried about the high carb count on it, mix it with a pkg of vanilla pudding and split the powder out for two separate drinks, brings the carb count down to about 5.5g instead of 9 but you still get that chocolatey goodness
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I know that it's frustrating. We are here for you. One thought, and I have no idea if it's right or not.

Your body might be in starvation mode and you might actually need more food. Make sure that you are eating if you are hungry. When I travel, I sometimes need an extra packet or an extra salad. Sometimes I even have more protein...
I too, have an extra packet or more meat if I am having a very hungry day. Will never know if I would have lost more weight those weeks if I hadn't, but it makes the diet tolerable, and even easy. This happens 1-2 x a week for me.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #23  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Being 60 and on thyroid meds, I feel your pain. I figure anything that I shed is a plus so I'm going to be patient and see what happens. I'm using alternative products but I'm still hoping for good results. Hang in there and try not to kick your hubby.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default WI # 2 Yea me!!!

Okay, just back from WI # 2, lost 4.5 lbs and 2 inches, soooo excited..... motivates to keep on being 100% OP over the weekend
Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post

Originally Posted by rachelearth

Today is day 3 for me and reading old posts, it seems that days 3 and 4 were rough for some. So I am starting today anticipating that it might be as tough as the first day.

Yes, day 3 can be tough, my biggest problem was wanting to put stuff in my mouth when I was cleaning up the table! I had company for those 3 days (my daughter and family) but they were all very supportive of me.So hang in there, you can do it!~
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I think once we anticipate a tough day, it gets easier somehow, lol. So far so good, I am just beginning to get hungry and it is time for lunch.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #26  
Working on the Last 10!

Good Morning. I love that this forum is here because all of you keep me motivated! I'm starting Day 5 and looking forward to it. I'm still addicted to my scale but happily, after 4 days, I'm down 3 pounds. I know it's water but I still like what the scale says! My first goal is 149 which will be 100 pounds down for me. I've been struggling with these last pounds for months so anything that shows a loss on the scale is keeping me going.

My only exercise for today will be a 3.5 mile walk with friends. I didn't sleep well last night, up after only 5 hours and feel a little drained. I'm glad I'm working from home today so I can work in my jammies.

I've read the reviews for Kale chips and it sounds like a lot of work. I eat the Trader Joe's Seaweed Snack Packet. The entire packet is 60 calories and I think 2 carbs/2 proteins. There's a lot in the packet and it kept me happily munching last night when I wanted a snack. Have any of you tried them?

Have a fun day!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Today will be official weigh-in #4, I got on my scales this morning(which I have been the same as my clinic) and there is NO LOSS! grrrrrrrrrrr. I have not cheated once. I am PO'd at all the people that come on here and say "well, I cheated but still lost" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, but I work so hard at losing weight and it is never fair to me... this program says 3-5 lbs for woman and if you exclude week #1 (which you should on any diet) I am way lower than that and I think for what it costs each week, they should change the average, which I am talking to my coach about today, because there is no-way I am losing like it says and I DON"T CHEAT!
Well, it is soon to be the weekend Picnic and yard work for us!
I feel your pain. I also besides the 1st week only lose about 2 lbs a week which I did on ww as well. I've switched to alternative products because to me it wasn't worth the 80+ dollars a week. I'm still losing about the same with alternative. I'm just not losing so much money
Old 07-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #28  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Okay, just back from WI # 2, lost 4.5 lbs and 2 inches, soooo excited..... motivates to keep on being 100% OP over the weekend
That's awesome! Congratulations on a great WI!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Wow, congratulations. That is so great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
Good Morning. I love that this forum is here because all of you keep me motivated! I'm starting Day 5 and looking forward to it. I'm still addicted to my scale but happily, after 4 days, I'm down 3 pounds. I know it's water but I still like what the scale says! My first goal is 149 which will be 100 pounds down for me. I've been struggling with these last pounds for months so anything that shows a loss on the scale is keeping me going.

My only exercise for today will be a 3.5 mile walk with friends. I didn't sleep well last night, up after only 5 hours and feel a little drained. I'm glad I'm working from home today so I can work in my jammies.

I've read the reviews for Kale chips and it sounds like a lot of work. I eat the Trader Joe's Seaweed Snack Packet. The entire packet is 60 calories and I think 2 carbs/2 proteins. There's a lot in the packet and it kept me happily munching last night when I wanted a snack. Have any of you tried them?

Have a fun day!
You are doing so great. Water or not, if it is a loss, it is a loss, lol. You are going to see 149 hopefully sooner than you expect. Good luck on your walk today.

Last edited by rachelearth; 07-29-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #30  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I too, have an extra packet or more meat if I am having a very hungry day. Will never know if I would have lost more weight those weeks if I hadn't, but it makes the diet tolerable, and even easy. This happens 1-2 x a week for me.
It was my coach who told me it was ok to add a packet if hungry. She said it's like adding more wood to the fire to keep metabolism up. 100 calories isn't a huge deal, and I don't think I've slowed myself down.
Closed Thread