Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #106  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

Congratulations on all the victories! I love reading when you resist temptation because it makes me think that I can too!

Today is Day 6 for me. So far so good. I've exercised everyday this week and I'm starting to feel my energy coming back. On Wednesday I didn't think I'd finish the 3.5 mile walk and yesterday I felt great doing it. I'm going to repeat it this morning.

I started on Monday morning (using alternative products) at 155. I've been in the 150's for months and months. I think I was secretly praying to shed 2 pounds this week, which would feel like a freaking miracle after all this time. This morning my friendly scale said 151.4!! I haven't seen that since around 1976. You bet I'm delighted and energized to just keep on going. Now I'm visualizing 5 by Monday morning or even more. I told my WW leader that Monday would be a good weigh-in, but I never dreamed it would be this good!

I started my WL journey at 249.8 in 2009 so I'm getting really close to a goal that's been a dream for over 35 years.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #107  

Way to go on all the great losses yesterday!

LongDivision: Amazing results. Good luck with Phase II.

I am only drinking plain water now too. I was doing quite a bit of Mio and then just 1 bottle of Mio a day and now I don't do any at all. It got a funkier aftertaste everyday for some reason and I'd rather just drink it plain. My sister in law who is doing alternatives like me drinks propel and I didn't know if she was supposed to. I will let her see how her loss is Monday and decide from there I guess.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
So we hosted a barbecue/family reunion at our house and I made it through the whole thing IP, answered the normal questions... "yes it's a weird diet, and no I can't eat fruit even though it's healthy blah blah blah". I made great food but could only eat the vegetable tray and a little piece of meat of course. Guests brought the dessert so I was cutting up and serving people slabs of cheesecake and blueberry cookie cobbler with whipped cream! It was a killer but I didn't even lick my finger.

So get this - after it's all over and I've cleaned up, I collapse in front of the TV with my little bag of chocolate soy puffs and am savoring them one by one when hubby says "hey, those look pretty good, can I have some?" I almost strangled his cheesecake and baby back rib snarfing throat!

I'm pretty sure he won't ask again...
LOL!! My kids do the same thing, and yes, I could choke them right out!!! funny, good for you resisting!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #109  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Mornin!! Happy Saturday! Had a fantastic NSV this morning!! Started back at the gym today. Did the treadmill, then did weights/machines, then went on the eliptical. When I was on the eliptical, I entered my weight. I wasn't really thinking about it and realized I punched in my previous weight of 230 pounds instead of my "new" current weight!!!! Talk about habit!!!! I was almost in tears (happy tears that is)!!! Woot woot!!!!

And it feels so good to be back working out again (I used to work out all the time B4 IP...like 5-6 days a week, but stopped because I was told my weight loss would slow down)....didn't realize how much I missed it!!!!!

Happy Weekend everyone!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #110  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Enjoyed reading your posts everyone.

Congrats on all the WI and NSV victories! Your stories motivate and encourage me.

Continuing to stay off the scale and makes me a happier camper every day I do!

NSV #1- Went to Victoria's Secret (normally I only shop there for my daughter) and told the dressing assistant I had lost a lot of weight recently and had no idea what size I was. She had me in the dressing room trying on things and out on the floor picking new items in no time and WITHOUT embarrassment! I was on some level dredding the experience, and surprisingly felt really good about. Hey, and the girls look good today!

NSV #2: At the mall, I found myself walking into several stores that I would not have dreamed of walking into 5 months ago - assuming the clerks would be looking at me thinking "this store isn't for you" or "we don't carry your size" and I found clerks approaching me, telling me about thier sales and being extremely friendly. Not sure if it was in my head before, or if just how I felt about myself...

Now, I just need to figure out which are my new favorite stores to shop in, that carry the types of things I like to wear, that are appropriate for my age, and are the quality I am willing to pay for. No more "only discount store prices" or "these are good enough for me". I am paying a lot to improve my health and I want my wardrobe to match.

Hope you all have an OP Weekend!
Jo
Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #111  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Jo, isn't it great to walk into a store that you couldn't shop in before? Last year I was in New Orleans. I walked into a shop that carries the type of clothing that I wear (linen, cotton etc). I was walking towards the back because that's generally where the sales are. The sales person stopped me and said, "you don't want to go back there, those clothes won't fit you". Apparently that's where the larger sizes were. After a lifetime in large sizes, I just walked around giggling all day. I'd turn to my son (37) and say, you don't want to go there and we'd just crack up. We were celebrating my 60th birthday and this just kept us laughing all weekend.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #112  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

good morning everyone! This is my first posting and not sure if I am doing this right. I look forward to reading the posts on here, they have helped me so much along the way with my IP journey that I thought it was time for me to give posting a try. I will introduce myself better later if this posting works for me.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
good morning everyone! This is my first posting and not sure if I am doing this right. I look forward to reading the posts on here, they have helped me so much along the way with my IP journey that I thought it was time for me to give posting a try. I will introduce myself better later if this posting works for me.

Welcome!!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I will try and go back and read this whole discussion but I may not make it all the way through. It's been a busy couple of days getting ready for the funeral. I've been with my grandma (her mom is the one who passed away) the past 2 days and you would NOT believe the insane amount of baked goods people have dropped off. I have cut more bars and set out more cookies in the last few days than my entire lifetime. Yesterday the local grocery store dropped off pulled pork with nothing on it so I switched lunch and dinner around so I could eat a little with my family. Someone also brought a veggie tray so I had cauliflower and some pickles and nobody even noticed I was eating "strange". I was *this close* to accidentally licking my fingers after cutting one pan of brownies but caught myself. I had to budge through 2 aunts and a cousin at the sink washing dishes to wash it off my hands right away. It's been hard but I keep telling myself, "food only satisfies hunger" so I didn't make excuses to be an emotional eater. Nobody has commented on the weight loss but I'm not what's on everyone's minds right now so it hasn't bothered me. My husband told me last night I looked great when I came down all dressed up for the prayer service though. Love him. Today may be a bigger challenge when everyone is sitting down to eat after the funeral but I may just keep busy and drink my shake in the church kitchen. (Veggies may have to wait until later.)

And to make passing up all the yummy cakes, bars, and cookies worth it......this morning I was down 1 pound from Thursday making it 20lb total! I obviously won't record it until Thursday but it still put a smile on my face.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
I am so proud of you. This would definately have been a stress eating time for me. You are an inspiration to anyone who gets tempted to give in to cravings on a whim. If you can manage to stay OP through these most difficult of times, the rest of us have no excuse.
God bless you and your family
Old 07-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNcurls View Post
I'm curious to know how everyone is setting their goals...what's the best way to stay motivated? I have a big goal and I need to lose about 66 pounds but I welcome suggestions on mini goals. I think meeting these will keep me excited about the program and wanting to stick with it.
I started with 83 pounds to lose and for every 15 gone, I get a non-food treat and for every 15 the hubby loses, he gets $50 play money for dvd's or concert tickets or whatever we wouldn't normally do. I really look forward to my next treat all the time, and I have 19.6 pounds left to go! I also calculated the percentages of weight loss - what weight I'd be at 10%, 25%, 50%, etc. I just hit the 75% mark of what I have to lose and I find that very motivating as well. Since you lose many inches on this plan, I'd also recommend finding a good thrift store as you shrink in size. You can pick up a few outfits that don't cost very much, and when you move down, just donate them back and get "new" stuff. My friend lost a lot of weight (not all she wanted) and we went shopping at a women's clothing store and she bought a bunch of stuff on sale. A month later, she was swimming in all the new clothes. That's when we hit the thrift store. I was there this week and bought 3 pairs of jeans and 4 tops and it cost me $32!! I'll have no problem giving those 13/14's back when I move into the 12's
Old 07-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #116  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNcurls View Post
Good morning fellow IPers. I'm so happy it's friday. This week has been 100% OP for me so I look forward to my weigh in on Tuesday morning...I'm hoping this will keep me motivated over the weekend. I'm a little nervous though because I don't feel the weight lost like I did the last few weeks...this week my clothes haven't gotten much bigger.

I'm curious to know how everyone is setting their goals...what's the best way to stay motivated? I have a big goal and I need to lose about 66 pounds but I welcome suggestions on mini goals. I think meeting these will keep me excited about the program and wanting to stick with it.
See my signature for my mini-goals. I set mini goals that I can reach every 2-4 weeks, depending on the goal. It makes me feel like I am doing something tangible... also, I can look back and see how far I've come. This is especially helpful when I have those days where I feel like I've been doing this forrrrrrever. I don't really celebrate mini-goals with anything specific, but I have been better about mani/pedi...

And now I'm treating myself to:
1) getting my eyelashes tinted so that I don't need mascara at the pool
2) massage or facial once per month

The only problem with my signature is that it's hovering around being too long. In a few more weeks, I'll have to erase some of my past goals so that my weekly WIs will still fit.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #117  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
We are so glad you are here. We will help in any way we can.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 264/254/180

Height: 5'6

HI ALL!
Im new to the 3fatchicks site.
I've also just started the Ideal Protein Program yesterday!
I think carbs miss me, but I am trying very hard not to miss them!
My WI is on Friday the 5th.

I have a long way to go, but just thinking short term.
Im 5'6 and 264
So hopefully I'll have a great first week!

Good luck to you all!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #119  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good afternoon everyone, looks like we have several newcomers which is awesome. WELCOME to everyone, its a sunshiny day here in the southern state of Mississippi. I am going get a mani/pedi today to treat myself. I hope everyone has a 100% OP day!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattu View Post
HI ALL!
Im new to the 3fatchicks site.
I've also just started the Ideal Protein Program yesterday!
I think carbs miss me, but I am trying very hard not to miss them!
My WI is on Friday the 5th.

I have a long way to go, but just thinking short term.
Im 5'6 and 264
So hopefully I'll have a great first week!

Good luck to you all!
Closed Thread