Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by faygele View Post
I started IP on Feb 26, 2014, with 21 pounds to lose. As a Diabetic, I have been on the alternative plan. Today I hit 2 pounds below my goal! It took 13 weeks of no cheating. I am starting Phase 2 and getting a bit anxious about the changes that are coming. It's pretty simple to follow the rules when you only need to choose from the IP foods. Not asking for feedback here, just checking in with my first post. I cannot believe the success I have had - no other diet has ever worked for me.
Congrats on getting below your goal weight! That is awesome! I hope to lose about 25 pounds but I at least want to get to 130!

Looking forward to see how phase 2 works for you!

Great job!
dnthomas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 150/120/115

Height: 5'2''

I've been away from the forum due to my son breaking my iPad lol. Down 16 lbs in 7 weeks. At this rate I'll be on IP for another 2 months. I just can't stop thinking about a big bowl of pasta.
Arwa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #288  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Thid thread I think is a good fit for this question. I'm down about halfway to my goal and getting really curious how my goal weight will work. The nearly 20lbs i've lost gets me pre-twin pregnancy. But the next 15 pounds will put me before baby #1 (8 years ago). How have you decided to adjust your goal?
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #289  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwa4u View Post
I've been away from the forum due to my son breaking my iPad lol. Down 16 lbs in 7 weeks. At this rate I'll be on IP for another 2 months. I just can't stop thinking about a big bowl of pasta.
Going back to big bowl of pasta after IP is a recipe for disaster. Pasta is meant to be a side dish ( small serving). For lasting maintenance, permanent changes need to be made in food selections. There are some fabulous replacements for pasta, including zucchini noodles. I just use broccoli slaw.

If the permanent changes don't become a lifestyle, we'll join the returners who regain all their weight and have to do it all again.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:50 AM   #290  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thid thread I think is a good fit for this question. I'm down about halfway to my goal and getting really curious how my goal weight will work. The nearly 20lbs i've lost gets me pre-twin pregnancy. But the next 15 pounds will put me before baby #1 (8 years ago). How have you decided to adjust your goal?
Since I kind of picked my goal weight out of thin air (or fat air!), it wasn't really a set in stone kind of thing. When I got close, I decided to leave it where it was and see how I felt when I got there.

When I got to 150 I then set myself a deadline to phase off. I think it was 12 months OP, when I got to 140 pounds or size 4 pants - whichever came first. I ended up staying on P1 an extra week just because I had too much going on in my life and didn't want to try switching my menu in the middle of it. I ended up losing another 5 pounds or so while phasing off.

So it's really a kind of "see how you feel" type of thing. You'll know when you're done - just be sure to separate the "This is a good, healthy, maintainable weight for me" thoughts from the "I'm tired of P1, I'll settle for this weight" thoughts.

And I leave my ticker at 150 because I like seeing the "you have surpassed your goal" message. A good reminder to me that I have not only attained what I thought was unattainable, but have attained what I never dared dream was possible.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #291  

W8- 0 lbs
I was a little disappointed but my coach found that my muscle percentage went up by 1.2% which is good and since muscle is heavier than fat she thought that didn't reflect on the scale.
Hoping for the scale to move slowly.
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #292  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Since I kind of picked my goal weight out of thin air (or fat air!), it wasn't really a set in stone kind of thing. When I got close, I decided to leave it where it was and see how I felt when I got there.

When I got to 150 I then set myself a deadline to phase off. I think it was 12 months OP, when I got to 140 pounds or size 4 pants - whichever came first. I ended up staying on P1 an extra week just because I had too much going on in my life and didn't want to try switching my menu in the middle of it. I ended up losing another 5 pounds or so while phasing off.

So it's really a kind of "see how you feel" type of thing. You'll know when you're done - just be sure to separate the "This is a good, healthy, maintainable weight for me" thoughts from the "I'm tired of P1, I'll settle for this weight" thoughts.

And I leave my ticker at 150 because I like seeing the "you have surpassed your goal" message. A good reminder to me that I have not only attained what I thought was unattainable, but have attained what I never dared dream was possible.
Thanks! I'm LIKing at wearing size 4 @ 140. I'm such a pear...i'm 151 and still in sz 12/14 pants. Oh well...fat thighs are my legacy!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #293  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Thanks! I'm LIKing at wearing size 4 @ 140. I'm such a pear...i'm 151 and still in sz 12/14 pants. Oh well...fat thighs are my legacy!
Fat thighs are my legacy too! Or as I call them 'my tree trunk legs'.
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #294  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Fat thighs are my legacy too! Or as I call them 'my tree trunk legs'.
I was too hard on myself and my figure growing up...I look back and see that (though always curvy) I looked good. Now I am excited to be comfortable in my skin (inside and out)!

Plus, Queen was right: fat-bottomed girls really do make the world go 'round, LOL!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #295  

I will join the fat thighs club too or chicken legs as my husband calls them and thunder thighs lol
With many exercise in the past I never lost in my thighs and hoping to lose in my thighs with this diet
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #296  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
I will join the fat thighs club too or chicken legs as my husband calls them and thunder thighs lol
With many exercise in the past I never lost in my thighs and hoping to lose in my thighs with this diet
Well...I figure even if I don't lose mine (which i'm pretty sure I won't)...i can work on loving myself no matter. Just knowing i've taken my health back in control is empowering. Someday, fat thighs will be all the rage - I just know it!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #297  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Well...I figure even if I don't lose mine (which i'm pretty sure I won't)...i can work on loving myself no matter. Just knowing i've taken my health back in control is empowering. Someday, fat thighs will be all the rage - I just know it!
This is exactly how I feel EVEMOMMA! Somedays I feel like I've found the "Diet Miracle" with IP. But thinking that way takes away from the choices and control I've found within myself.

Easy days are really a result of my good choices and the fact that the diet has eliminated cravings and hunger that I felt on other diets. I really feel that I've finally learned how to operate my body and control the outcome on the scale. I am doing this and it feels amazing. I really don't ever want to go back to the cycle of carbs and sugar cravings. Very empowering!
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Can I just say how much I just loved what you said??!!!! Bravo!!!
dnthomas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 150/120/115

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Going back to big bowl of pasta after IP is a recipe for disaster. Pasta is meant to be a side dish ( small serving). For lasting maintenance, permanent changes need to be made in food selections. There are some fabulous replacements for pasta, including zucchini noodles. I just use broccoli slaw.

If the permanent changes don't become a lifestyle, we'll join the returners who regain all their weight and have to do it all again.

There's a big difference between giving into a craving every little while and having a bowl of pasta everyday. If I want a bowl of pasta once a month in not going to shame myself. I'll have what i want and make sure I'm a good girl the rest of the week. Everything in moderation .
Arwa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #300  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Can I just say how much I just loved what you said??!!!! Bravo!!!
How sweet of you! Thank you!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote