Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

My goal is to fit into the clothes in my closet as well. With my pregnancies, the excess weight went predominately to my tummy / hips / thighs. I do think our "fattier" places are the last to lose, so we will have to keep that in mind ams we push through. Perhaps doing some light toning during this will help? Some walking lunges, squats and old fashioned calisthenics might help tighten it all up so we also feel good during the process?!

Oh, and as far as measurements go... They actually showed me gainined an inch in my hips. I don't buy it given that I am wearing clothes I couldn't. Don't forget that there is human error in each measurement - location of tape, how tightly held, etc.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

One of my biggest struggles is not living on the scale! While I'm so happy with my progress - some days it just can't come off fast enough. I'm so anxious to be in the 130s again. The lowest I've been in years is 135 - I just want to reach that and get past it. It's also hard because I know I have to create a bit of a deficit because I think I'll gain on my 10 day vacation away from IP. Will be hard to get back and get on without say "well one more day of vacation won't hurt - let's order Chinese or Indian for dinner."
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #78  

Cherbee - don't anticipate it being hard. You may very well surprise yourself and feel a little post-vacation-eating-ick and have a great desire and renewed will power and motivation to start anew and push on to your final goal. That tendency was the old you, this is a new you!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #79  

Good point Coliep! I guess we'll see how much damage I did when I get back to the boards 8/15. What a long time away (8/5 - 8/15) ....
Old 08-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I just found this site yesterday and what a game changer it has been for me! I'm so impressed with all the members on this site, all their success in weight loss and their willingness to help others be successful too is so profound and I feel so encouraged!

I have been on IP for 3 weeks now and had my weigh in today. I'm down 6 lbs. and a loss of 10.75 inches. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. and with the help of this site and it's amazing wealth of information I now feel like I can't possibly fail. I had so many questions, all of which have been answered but no doubt more will crop up! I now know where to go to find the answers.

I didn't feel it was right to simply lurk in the shadows, enjoying the benefits of other's hard work and knowledge and not try to contribute, when I could. So here I am and hopefully I can lend a hand too.

Thanks so much.
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #81  

Awesome thread. I have lost 17lbs and I about about to start phase 4 which is wonderful and terrifying at the same time. I think one of the biggest challenges for those of us who have 20 or less to lose is how easy it can be to get right back to where we started. All I can do is think positively and know that I know how to stay on track with my weight.
Another thing that is so frustrating to me is that no one seemed to think that I needed to lose any weight. There goes my support system. But I was unhappy with myself, so I had to do something about it.
For everyone just starting their journey:
I know that the weight loss can be slow, but if you stick with it it is SO worth it. I feel beautiful! My boyfriend hasn't seen me since I started the diet, and I will see him in one week.. 17lbs and 14inches later. I will know how worth it this process has been when he sees me for the first time.
asheerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #82  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

I skipped and whistled all WI#3. My scale and my clothes reflected that my body was responding and changing. However, WI#3 totally deflated me. I gained .2! WTH... I don't get it. Of course her first questions was if I cheated? I was really offended by that. I have been 100%.

I didn't even lose inches according to her tape. I really that its a traveling tape and doesn't measure in the same place each time.

I FEEL the loss. What could it be? I'm really trying not to cry.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 154.5/134/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
I skipped and whistled all WI#3. My scale and my clothes reflected that my body was responding and changing. However, WI#3 totally deflated me. I gained .2! WTH... I don't get it. Of course her first questions was if I cheated? I was really offended by that. I have been 100%.

I didn't even lose inches according to her tape. I really that its a traveling tape and doesn't measure in the same place each time.

I FEEL the loss. What could it be? I'm really trying not to cry.
Hang in there Celticgirl, could just be that you are retaining a little water. You area obviously doing something right if you feel the loss and your clothes are fitting differently. I know we all get so focused on the number on the scale but we have to remind ourselves thats not what its all about.

Keep up the good work
ExPiglet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #84  

Celtic Girl - I have this happen ALL the time. Not just on IP, but just goes to show what scale slaves we are! (I am). I will feel fab-u-lous . . . unless the scale tells me something different! The tape measure is for the birds as well. Like I said, the only place they really showed me losing was my bicep (really?) and my chest (not my breasts but the measurement under the armpits). Then they showed a gain in my hips, waist measurements all over the board and thighs the same last time. YET, I am wearing a size 8 without a problem. . . and I wasn't before I started. We have to trust ourselves sometimes, and use something to measure your progress like a favorite skirt / shirt or something. Something that reinforces all your positive progress. But, you know what? Go ahead and cry, then go try on the something special. Also, .2 is a few ounces of water you have had to drink before you walked in there. Week 2 I showed only a .6lb loss on their scale, but I had a liter of water and giant breakfast within 30 mintues of getting there. Think about that - that is about 2 1/2 pounds of "weight". So many little variables!

Asheerie - Congrats! How long did it take you to lose the 17lbs? did you exercise during it? How do you feel the diet did in losing the fat . . . i mean like specific areas? I ask because I have extra in certain places (tummy, thighs, hips) that I want to lose and one of the main reasons I chose a ketogenic diet is the fat burning process. I am just curious if it'll come together as I hope in the end!

Emmy - welcome and glad to have you aboard!

So I have been experimenting with my timing and food choices etc. (CLose your eyes 100% IPers). I have been increasing my protein (chicken breast, lean meat etc.) and using lower carb IP packets but more of them. So, I am consuming more than I should have but feeling much better. Today, for example, I had a chocolate shake for breakfast. 2 hours later i had the vanilla pudding made as a shake. Then I did an exercise class. Was hungry when I walked in the door, so I ate a chicken breast that was already cooked while I prepped the kids lunch. Then I had a broccoli and Romaine stir fry when I could finally sit down and eat a bit later. Then, mid afternoon, I had another vanilla pudding made as a shake with cinnamon and 1 tsp of caramel torani syrip. Dinner was about 10 ounces extra lean ground beef as a big mac in a bowl, with kohlrabi, a couple of cherry tomatoes, a pickle, and WF dressing. The extra meat was consumed because I was snacking on it and Kohlrabi while getting the kids meal ready. So, anyway, this totals about 250 extra calories (probably what I burned in the workout anyway). I am sitting here, completely full and satisfied. I increased potassium and salt today due to muscle cramps so that, combined with my perpetual dry mouth, is causing me to drink a ton. I stopped counting at 3 liters. Anyway, fingers crossed this combo will work in my favor and help retain or even build muscle mass while still perpetuating weight loss. Tomorrow will be weigh in #4 . . .
Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #85  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for the great words Coliep. I cried....I'm over it. I'm not going to let it get me down!
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #86  

Where is everyone?!?!?!?! Did you all already lose your 20 ;-)
Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #87  

I'm busy planning my trip - so dreading/excited to go off 100%OP (though I snuck a few bites of Candy). I've only had 3 1/2 days this week so far, and I'm already down 1.6 - so I feel like I'm in the zone. I'm getting so close to the 130s .... and I just NEED to be in them. But instead I'll be going on a vacation where I'll have to stay in diet mentality as much as humanly possible because I need the bridesmaid dress to still fit at the end of the trip.

At this point, now that I'm in the habit - I just want to power through and be rid of all this fat. How have I lose 10lbs and still have SO much fat on me. Judging by the amount of fat I still have I strongly suspect 125 will not actually be low enough for me - how did I do this to myself??

I'm such a weird mix of so excited, so happy, nervous about my trip, not nervous because I know I can make good choices - it's mainly that I'm on a roll and I don't even want to pause - but I'm sure all of that will be out of my mind during such a happy fun occasion.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #88  

Cherbee - I am sure you will do great. You will make good choices and come back ready to finish it off!

I am wondering how in the world anybody is possibly under 30 grams of total carbs. I have been OP today with the slight exception of the chicken breast strips on my lunch salad, which were processed (I was somewhere else), that had 2 grams of carbs. That said, my 3 IP packets and 2 meals total almost 60gm of carbs. Just seems so far off from what I read everybody else has or aims for . . .

On the bright side, I had a lot of muscle showing in my arms tonight while I worked out. I liked it!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #89  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Just checking in to say hello. I don't get to read or post while at work so I have to catch up in the evening. Tonight I went straight to Pilates after work. I avoided a big chocolate cake at work so I'm proud of myself. Hungry now and ready to eat OP.

Have a good evening everyone!
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #90  

Happy Friday everyone! It's been pretty quiet on here, everyone doing well?? Instead of a good night's sleep and Zumba this morning, the kids were up 3x then up for good at 6, 2 have tummy troubles, 2 have runny noses, 1 is extra whiney. Think we are just going to stay home and rest up. Fingers crossed I avoid whatever it is that they've got!