20 pounds (or less) to lose??

You're on Page 9 of 26
Go to
  • Bride - If you are 100% OP, I bet you can come very close to your number. In my first 4 weeks, I lost just under 12 pounds total. But, as mentioned, you will see big differences in inches / shape which you will find even more significant/important than that number on the scale. You will be a beautiful bride no matter what =)

Calee - Great positive attitude! You mentioned needing to be more than trace on the ketostix. do you know that I don't think I have ever registered or, if I have, it is the lowest of the low (the colors are so freakin' close I scrutinize it and still guess)?!

My biggest changes have come/gone I think. I don't see / feel any differently in the last few weeks. I hope I have something encouraging soon!

I do think I found a trick to help me over my PB addiction. I bought PB2, the powdered defatted peanut butter, and it is lower in carbs, fat, calories, etc. I can add it to my vanilla IP for 45 calories, 3 net carbs, 5 grams of protein and some fiber. I know its off protocol, but way better than tablespoons of regular peanut butter. So far, I am in love =)

Had a great workout today (Zumba). I have already had 3 IP products and its only 12:30 . . .
  • Ughh I'm struggling today. Day 2 being back OP and it sucks! I have a headache, no energy and just plain cranky!! I forgot how much the first week sucks! All the kids are napping so I'm going to pop an advil, have more water (and add some salt to it) and chill, hopefully I'll feel a bit better once everyone wakes up.

Bride- I lost 14lbs my first month. If you stay OP it can be done.... and like everyone else has said, don't worry about the numbers on the scale because the inches will fall off. My sister lost 11inches around her waist in 1month!

Coliep - I have a PB addicition as well - Does it taste like real PB?
  • Thanks so much for all the kind words!!! This has already made me feel much better! I'm determined!!!

I'm 25 and the bootcamp alone when I joined a few years ago was able to tone up my body so I hope that in combination I will be able to look the way I want on the big day.

I have been doing it for only 3 days, the first week weigh in seems so far away hehe

I'm still so awed by all the support you guys provide, I love it here! <)
  • Well, it doesn't taste just like real PB, but it is the closest I have ever come using a substitute. It is a gazillion times better than the WF swill - that stuff was disgusting. I also don't love the chemical taste of other things, like the torani syrup so although I haven't had the PB syrup I suspect I will like this better. You add water and you could eat it off a spoon, but I liked mixing it into my vanilla pudding (which I make as a shake). By using the vanilla IP and adding the 2 tsp of PB2, the result is 135 calories, 23 grams protein, 3 grams fiber, 9 carbs . . . similar to the chocolate drink but hits the spot. I am thinking of making 1 vanilla pudding + chocolate drink + pb2 and then splitting into 2 drinks so I get a choco/pb flavor but don't end up with super high carbs/sugar etc. as I would if I just did PB and chocolate. I mean, even if I ate almost the whole jar of PB2 in one day it'd be lower than several TBSP of regular PB!
  • BabyBlues - then do you need to adjust your stats? It doesn't reflect your weight loss!

inches lost - I haven't had more than 6 total I think, but keep in mind I am not losing bunches of weight. I am trying to target certain fatty areas and those, I understand, are the last to go so my results are far less dramatic than many I guess . . .
  • Quote: Ughh I'm struggling today. Day 2 being back OP and it sucks! I have a headache, no energy and just plain cranky!! I forgot how much the first week sucks! All the kids are napping so I'm going to pop an advil, have more water (and add some salt to it) and chill, hopefully I'll feel a bit better once everyone wakes up.

Bride- I lost 14lbs my first month. If you stay OP it can be done.... and like everyone else has said, don't worry about the numbers on the scale because the inches will fall off. My sister lost 11inches around her waist in 1month!

Coliep - I have a PB addicition as well - Does it taste like real PB?

I am having a few headaches here and there too - I debating taking anything for it. I would say that yesterday was my worst day - feeling like how you feel. Look forward to the next couple of days!

11inches is a lot!! WOW! Kudos to her!
  • Quote: Hi Bride,

You and I are alike in both weight and amount of weight we want to lose. You had a great first week! My goal date is Sept. 22 but I too want to reach mine earlier, if possible. I'm realizing though that 2lbs. a week is what most people lose which is good I just wish I hadn't been told the whole 3 to 5 lbs. scenario. My SIL took off 14 lbs. in 5 weeks so I thought I would too but that surely hasn't happened.

I don't know your age but for me, that is my biggest issue, ever! When I was younger, taking off 5 lbs. was easy, that just isn't the case anymore. I'm now 48 and my body thinks if it gives up a fat cell, then it'll shut down and die instantly. Of course learning about how our pancreas is overworked, etc., has helped me understand why that is.

I've never had 20 lbs. to lose before so this is new for me. I did a 5 month remodel, over the winter and that is how I surpassed my typical "need to take off 10 lbs." issue. No kitchen means eating out or eating at your Mom's house, aka the frying capital of the world.

I've taken off about 8 lbs. but a lot in inches. This Thursday will have me completing my 5th IP week but I have to go weigh in early this week (today), so who knows what I'll show as a loss, if any. The inches though keep me motivated.

Boot camp sounds tough and again, some people that work out like that really see results. If you're younger and your body responds quicker, you might be able to lose more than 2 lbs. a week. Also, don't get caught up in the scale number too much, your inches are going to fall off and you're going to have amazing muscle tone. You'll be a beautiful bride!

Good Luck!
    Hopefully we can go down this path together! Our numbers are quite close! Congrats on your inches lost - I can't wait until my first measurements!

I was told that in the first 10 days it could be 5-7 lbs and then after that is 2-3 so by the time the wedding hits, I hope I'll be close to where I need to be in terms of the way I look anyway
  • Quote: BabyBlues - then do you need to adjust your stats? It doesn't reflect your weight loss!

inches lost - I haven't had more than 6 total I think, but keep in mind I am not losing bunches of weight. I am trying to target certain fatty areas and those, I understand, are the last to go so my results are far less dramatic than many I guess . . .
    Yeah I know, but since I've put 5 lbs on I'm close to that now anyway... So I'll adjust it when I'm past my lowest weight.
  • Quote: Hopefully we can go down this path together! Our numbers are quite close! Congrats on your inches lost - I can't wait until my first measurements!

I was told that in the first 10 days it could be 5-7 lbs and then after that is 2-3 so by the time the wedding hits, I hope I'll be close to where I need to be in terms of the way I look anyway
    Bride,

I agree, we're on the same path and will likely get to the end, at the same time. You might get there sooner, you have youth on your side. For your sake, I hope you do! Having a wedding date as a goal is a beautiful thing!

I just weighed in and dropped 1 lb. but I had to weigh in with only half a week completed, from last WI so at least it is a pound and that was with a Friday night cheat.

My Coach measures every two weeks so my total losses so far are:

8 lbs. / 11 inches

I would love to be one of those 3 lb. per week girls but so far that isn't really happening. Besides, 2 lbs. per week is true weight and that feels good.

Make sure to take your supplements, they'll keep you from getting exhausted, especially considering how hard you're working out too. They really are crucial.
  • Goodmorning ladies,
    Still OP and feeling a bit better this morning. The past few mornings I haven't had any energy at all - really dragging my feet. Not sure if its the diet, because it's TOM or a combination of the both.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2oz ... I was hoping for more but it's only 2days.

Have a great day ladies!
  • 13 pounds to go! Can't believe it! I love IP! Bught a pair of size 8 jeans the other day
  • Looking good amaliayosa Keep up the good work!

Day 4 of my restart, I'm down 2lbs - only a few more till I get back to my before vacation weight - hope to reach that by weeks end. The headaches are gone and my energy level is better - starting to get that "feel great" feeling

How are the rest of you 20 pounders doing?
  • Good Morning. Tomorrow is the big day...GEAUX SAINTS!

It's the first preseason game and I am slated to work from 5:30am to midnight. Amazing the tailgaters here in Nawlins get up before the crack of dawn to start partying.

Quick question....do you think I could do 4 protein packs tomorrow. I know I'll be doing a lot of sweating and standing plus it will be an 18 hour day!
  • Celtic - if you feel you need a 4th, I would!

Baby - great job getting back on track!

Amalia - wow a size 8, that is fabulous! I am just getting comfortably back into mine now! I love the single digits =)

My weight loss is slow, inch loss is slower! I only lost .25 lb this week and no inches. I think my "big" changes are over and the real hard work is before me. I am ready for it, but have stopped the official IP and will do my own low carb version. I think I will order from nashua and try real food but follow the IP phase 2 model until I get down another 5 pounds or so.
  • Hello ladies, 3rd weigh in today, down 3lbs!! So happy and I got my signature finally.
    I feel like this is doable after 3 weeks, I even decided to lower my goal weight to 128.
    Hope you all have a great weekend OP