IP Daily Chat-July 28th

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Hmmm, I don't think you are supposed to have the Almond Milk, even though it is low-carb. Experienced IPers ?
    I had asked my coach about almond milk when I first started this diet (mainly because I didn't think I could live without it...which i've found I can!). She told me to treat it like my daily milk allowance (ie, just enough to add to my coffee) and no more. I don't know if this will help, because I didn't ask her for an explanation (probably because she just stares at me blankly when I ask her anything that isn't explained on the protocol sheet!).
    I would definately try to cut it out for a week to see if it makes a difference.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST
    NSV - yesterday I was texting with my sister, and for the first time ever she said she was proud of me, and that she had been worried that I would have a whole bunch of health problems at my old weight, but didn't know how to talk to me about it. It is nice to know she was worried, but she is right I probably would have thought she was picking on me, as I was very sensitive about how much I weigh.

Have a great day all and keep up the losing.
    I just saw your progress pics....wow what a difference from last year! You definately need to put that outfit in your 'too big' donation bag! Congratulations, you look awesome....so proud of you! (PS - rebels a cutie!!)
    Met too, 2RIDEROLLERCOAST, I just saw your progress pictures. What a difference. CONGRADULATIONS. Truly an inspiration.
  • Quote: I went on a Disney cruise one of the first years they came out. I enjoyed it immensely, I don't have kids but you hardly saw any kids during the cruise except for dinner and at castaway cay, I loved snorkeling at castaway cay and got some great underwater pictures, I want to cruise again as we took the 3 days disney world and 4 day cruise package, would like to do a 7 to 10 day cruise next. Good luck.

Yep welcome to the cold, the nice thing is it helps with the heat of the summer.... the bad thing wearing sweaters indoors... when the weather is hot. I like to think it is because of all the insulation that is no longer on our bodies that this is why we are cold.

NSV - yesterday I was texting with my sister, and for the first time ever she said she was proud of me, and that she had been worried that I would have a whole bunch of health problems at my old weight, but didn't know how to talk to me about it. It is nice to know she was worried, but she is right I probably would have thought she was picking on me, as I was very sensitive about how much I weigh.

Oh, my gosh!! I just saw your before and after pics!!
    You look AMAZING!! So TINY!!
    Congratulations you are doing such an incredible job!!
  • Quote: Hmmm, I don't think you are supposed to have the Almond Milk, even though it is low-carb. Experienced IPers ?
    Agreed, you are only allowed 1oz of skim milk. I just use a splash in my cuban coffee. Check the sugar count in that almond milk, I am sure that is slowing the loss
  • So I must say, I love reading about your challenges and successes each day, I think it's my new habit replacing bad carbs and fat!
    I must admit, I probably should read so much at work, but I can't help it!
    So last night I sent to Ceviche, a tapas place here in tampa… my first eating out experience. I fear going out, which is silly, but I hate not being in control of the kitchen and I swear the waiter thought I had some weird disease with how obsessed I was with the preparation of dishes.
    I had the tuna with jalapeño, hot sauce cilantro and lime in a margarita glass and then I had 2 skewers with chicken 2 bites of filet and chorizo. I had to send it back once because of the brown sauce on it, it totally looked thickened, he swore it was “the meat juice”. I came home and had my veggies because I didn’t want to spend a fortune on what I already had at home. I ate it a little late, but at least I got it in and stayed up at least 2 hours.
    Does anyone have their IP snack before dinner instead of after dinner? How does it affect your loses? I might do that today because I have a Chamber event after work, probably won’t be able to eat dinner there and so I will have to eat late at home.
    Ugh and I still have more eating out this week. Dinner with high school friends tomorrow and sushi with out of town guest Saturday. Monday’s 2nd weigh in might not be fun! It’s stressing me out! But I refuse to be a hermit.

p.s. today is my co-worker/bosses' birthday, I bought Greenwise Publix cupcakes, look delish and I can't eat them. That's love. haha.
  • Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.

and before u all say I need to wear a belt, I wish I could but I'm highly allergic to metal and can't wear belts

On the plus side I went under my bedonce I got home and pulled out my smaller sized clothes and fit back in to a 16 again
  • Quote: I went on a Disney cruise one of the first years they came out. I enjoyed it immensely, I don't have kids but you hardly saw any kids during the cruise except for dinner and at castaway cay, I loved snorkeling at castaway cay and got some great underwater pictures, I want to cruise again as we took the 3 days disney world and 4 day cruise package, would like to do a 7 to 10 day cruise next. Good luck.

Yep welcome to the cold, the nice thing is it helps with the heat of the summer.... the bad thing wearing sweaters indoors... when the weather is hot. I like to think it is because of all the insulation that is no longer on our bodies that this is why we are cold.

Those funny sisters! When I was having my 'meltdown' over fear of sucess I called my sister and she gave me the same peptalk. Gotta love those girls!

Your tracker is something I watch for, thanks for being one of my inspirations! You have such a change in your pictures! Well done!
  • Ladies, Gents at al!

I'm looking for the website that was posted a while back. I'm not sure where, I just know it was in the IP section. It's the website that you can plug your height and weight into and see pictures of different body shapes of people your height and weight. Helps with body image. I thought it was the coolest site but I forgot to bookmark it and it came up in conversation last night.

I hope you are all having a wonderful IP week. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my 19 year old cousin who's coming for a visit. Amazing that a 19 year old 'boy' wants (or is willing?) to hang out with me. Of course at 35 I'm more like the Auntie I'm sure HAHAHA. We're going to a rider stamps game on Saturday, he cheers for the stamps. Can't wait to see how the sea of green responds to his red clothing. HAHAHA

(Canadian Football - Saskatchewan Roughriders - my avatar).

Have a great day!

Carla

PS: GO RIDERS!
  • Jordanna, I just spit my water out!!! oh my!!!! It has almost happened to me at the grocery store too....eeek! Oh well! It is surely a NSV!!! Way to go on moving down a size!
  • Quote: Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.

and before u all say I need to wear a belt, I wish I could but I'm highly allergic to metal and can't wear belts

On the plus side I went under my bedonce I got home and pulled out my smaller sized clothes and fit back in to a 16 again
    I am so sorry you got embarrassed today, but you have done such a great job losing so far. You might like to consider getting one of those rectangle long scarves and use it as a belt when your size 16s are going to fall off of you in no time.
  • Quote: Well it finally happened...my jeans fell down to my knees while I was standing in line at walmart... And I was holding a gallon of milk and a box of diapers ... I was mortified. I felt sick to my stomach... I couldn't look at anyone and almost cried.

Girl, you have to start using a cart so you hang on to your pants! Just think- you will never see any of those people again. It's still a mark of your success- although a bittersweet one. Congrats on cracking into the old, smaller clothes stores!
  • 2RIDEROLLERCOAST - Just took a look at your updated photos. Wow! Look at those collarbones!!
  • Quote: Ladies, Gents at al!

I'm looking for the website that was posted a while back. I'm not sure where, I just know it was in the IP section. It's the website that you can plug your height and weight into and see pictures of different body shapes of people your height and weight. Helps with body image. I thought it was the coolest site but I forgot to bookmark it and it came up in conversation last night.
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

First you lose your pants at work and now Walmart!!! LOL, too funny. I wonder if you could use like a scarf-type belt? Great NSV all the same!!
  • 2RIDE
    Being Ms not-so-observant, I missed that your pics were updated until everyone started commenting. WOW! That photo of you in the dress from the wedding is amazing! You're amazing!