nooooooooooooooooo pb here!!!!!!!!!!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #137  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
At the end of March I could barely walk. I went to the Dr and found out that I have severe arthritis in my right hip and lower back. I will eventually have to have a hip replacement. I am only 45 and a new hip only last about 10 years the dr said. I also have no more cartlidge in my lower back or my right hip. I called my mom to tell her what I found out because I was freaking out. She worked with someone who was on this program and told me to look into it so I did and here I am. My mom pays for my food because I can't afford it. She is doing the alternative way and my brother is on IP. They decided about 3-4 weeks after I started and saw how well I was doing and got on the wagon also. My mom has loss around 25lbs and at her goal, my brother has loss 37 lbs he has 20 left to go to get to his goal. I on the other hand have 89lbs or so to go, I put my goal at 250 (135lbs to loss) because that is what I weighed 24 years ago but I know once I get to 250 I will want to go to 200 (which would be right at 200lbs). Hopefully losing this much weight I will be able to cope with the pain in my back and hip and prolong the replacement as long as possible. So to date I have loss 56lbs in 12 weeks, nothing but positive thoughts and to stay OP 100% until the very end!
wuv2, your story is so awesome. I hope that your pain relief is major and that you can indeed prolong that surgery. I think it's incredible the way you're taking back your body! How cool that you have a mom that's so willing to help you succeed. Congratulations on everything that you've accomplished.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #138  
Working on the Last 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
nooooooooooooooooo pb here!!!!!!!!!!
BRAVO!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #139  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Wow WUV that is quite a story! That is great that you have family support in several ways to make this journey possible. I fully believe that such a significant weight loss will help with the arthritis and your comfort level. Good for you for taking control of it and going down this path. The extra weight on top of a condition must take its toll. At almost 60 pounds gone I bet you already feel amazing! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to follow your story!

Can glucosamine or something else also help with your joint function? I am almost 38 and notice a lot of clicks and aching so I have started to take this supplement. I know there's aren't a ton of studies but some swear by it so I figured I would give it a try. Also consider accupuncture or accupressure or other wester physical therapy during your process . . . you might be surprised!

I, for one, am disappointed (but not discouraged) that the scale is up almost a pound this morning . . . just goes to show I shouldn't expect a weight loss on my time frame. It will come . . .
I have started taking glucosamine, I can't really afford to do any type of physical therapy right now. But I do get in the pool at my apartment daily for about and hour and thread the water its helps out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Wuv2be....it AMAZES me how you are one of the most upbeat, energized, supportive members on here!!!!! I LOVE having you as an accountablity partner
I have a very happy go lucky kinda person. There isn't too many days you won't see me smiling or saying something positive to someone. If I come across a stranger and make eye contact, I always say HI. You never know who you will meet or by you just saying HI might make a person's day. People get vibes when you pass them so that is why I always speak, some speak back and then again some don't, it doesn't matter to me because I felt good by saying HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
wuv2, your story is so awesome. I hope that your pain relief is major and that you can indeed prolong that surgery. I think it's incredible the way you're taking back your body! How cool that you have a mom that's so willing to help you succeed. Congratulations on everything that you've accomplished.
My mom is awesome, she has always worried about me and the weight but I would just say yea mom i know. I never worried about me I worried about everyone else they always came first. The kids, the hubby (now ex) I was always on the back burner. I have been divorced almost 6 years now, my boys are in college and its time for me. When mom offered to help me I couldn't pass it up. I am doing this for me but most of all I am doing it for her as well. My mom has always been proud of me but to hear the excitement in her voice when I call her on my weigh in days is priceless. Sometimes I call her 5-10 times a day just to talk to her. She lives in Louisiana. We have been close but this journey has brought us closer. SO with that being said Thank you mom...I love you!

She reads the posts here daily but never writes anything but we always talk about everyone's posts when we are on the phone. I plan on losing all of my weight and NEVER getting off by cheating. There has been nothing tempting to me at all that I can not pass up.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
I have started taking glucosamine, I can't really afford to do any type of physical therapy right now. But I do get in the pool at my apartment daily for about and hour and thread the water its helps out.

I have a very happy go lucky kinda person. There isn't too many days you won't see me smiling or saying something positive to someone. If I come across a stranger and make eye contact, I always say HI. You never know who you will meet or by you just saying HI might make a person's day. People get vibes when you pass them so that is why I always speak, some speak back and then again some don't, it doesn't matter to me because I felt good by saying HI!

My mom is awesome, she has always worried about me and the weight but I would just say yea mom i know. I never worried about me I worried about everyone else they always came first. The kids, the hubby (now ex) I was always on the back burner. I have been divorced almost 6 years now, my boys are in college and its time for me. When mom offered to help me I couldn't pass it up. I am doing this for me but most of all I am doing it for her as well. My mom has always been proud of me but to hear the excitement in her voice when I call her on my weigh in days is priceless. Sometimes I call her 5-10 times a day just to talk to her. She lives in Louisiana. We have been close but this journey has brought us closer. SO with that being said Thank you mom...I love you!

She reads the posts here daily but never writes anything but we always talk about everyone's posts when we are on the phone. I plan on losing all of my weight and NEVER getting off by cheating. There has been nothing tempting to me at all that I can not pass up.
Ohhhh nOOOOOO you talk to her about your threads??? AND the partner you are trying to keep straight.....lol
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #141  

Default Tought Afternoon

So I soooowant to eat bad stuff right now...I had my nemisis 10-15 peanuts , tried the WF peanut butter spread yuck....... but I do see promise ofmaking the Tai peanut butter sauce chicken with it..... Now eating the dill chips sweetened w/splenda, just thinking, dinner is only an hour away, plus have a headache today........
Old 07-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #142  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

What is it with the peanuts...tut tut

Well..stay on plan..and just work at it! You can do this! and get yourself busy doing something..it will make things a lot easier!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #143  

Quote:
So I soooowant to eat bad stuff right now...I had my nemisis 10-15 peanuts , tried the WF peanut butter spread yuck....... but I do see promise ofmaking the Tai peanut butter sauce chicken with it..... Now eating the dill chips sweetened w/splenda, just thinking, dinner is only an hour away, plus have a headache today........
YOU didn't TEXT me about this missy!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #144  

Quote:
YOU didn't TEXT me about this missy!!!!
I know, I know, my home area has practically NO reception....... I didn't do that bad, I had been soooo good....
Old 07-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #145  
Working on the Last 10!

Wuv2, I so get it about being close with your mom. My 37 year old son lives in NY and we're incredibly close. He's been my best cheerleader on this weight loss journey. We vacation together someone fabulous every year. We're lucky when we have close relationships with our family!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #146  

Quote:
I know, I know, my home area has practically NO reception....... I didn't do that bad, I had been soooo good....
You lost 4.5lbs this week and you STILL had your peanuts!!....ARE YOU NUTS????....grrrrrrrr...... with you going back to school you will have NO NUTS in your presense....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
Wuv2, I so get it about being close with your mom. My 37 year old son lives in NY and we're incredibly close. He's been my best cheerleader on this weight loss journey. We vacation together someone fabulous every year. We're lucky when we have close relationships with our family!
I am very close with my 2 boys 19 and 23 some people just don't get the closeness and think its weird. That is great that y'all go on vacation together, Mom and I have had some days together just her and I shopping but never really a vacation. Maybe one year we can do that, we always say we will but the funds are never there. Going to start saving my pennies!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #147  

Quote:
You lost 4.5lbs this week and you STILL had your peanuts!!....ARE YOU NUTS????....grrrrrrrr...... with you going back to school you will have NO NUTS in your presense....lol

I am very close with my 2 boys 19 and 23 some people just don't get the closeness and think its weird. That is great that y'all go on vacation together, Mom and I have had some days together just her and I shopping but never really a vacation. Maybe one year we can do that, we always say we will but the funds are never there. Going to start saving my pennies!
LOl wuv2b... omg, you are correct about not having my peanuts at school!!!!! I will have my baggie of Kale chips....I know, I have told my son and husband to eat the peanuts this weekend!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #148  

Quote:
LOl wuv2b... omg, you are correct about not having my peanuts at school!!!!! I will have my baggie of Kale chips....I know, I have told my son and husband to eat the peanuts this weekend!!!!!
LOL....You are going to make me come all the way over there and inspect your house for peanuts!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #149  
I know I can

Quote:
LOL....You are going to make me come all the way over there and inspect your house for peanuts!!
Look at you!! You look fantastic!! I am green with envy.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:10 AM   #150  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Totally had a huge NSV..i made chocolate raspberry strawberry muffins for my boss and her family and didnt even have a taste or a lick of anything!!!! i kept asking everyone else to taste for me so i could understand what it tastes like.. but yay!! i did it! i got through baking for a group of people without tasting or eating any ...and thats a first!! im so happy!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote