Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #76  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

This is a very interesting read...

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/f.../56156344.aspx

Editing...

I think this can help explain a lot. Including... why some people get hostile when we are losing weight and they aren't. (Item #16 - You stopped splitting the cheesecake).

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-27-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

ItsAboutTime - So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure she's upstairs cheering you on! Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
This is a very interesting read...

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/f.../56156344.aspx

Editing...

I think this can help explain a lot. Including... why some people get hostile when we are losing weight and they aren't. (Item #16 - You stopped splitting the cheesecake).
lol, probably true.

WOW, how many decimals in that last weigh-in?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #79  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I had a very long night. Was going to get to bed early because I haven't been sleeping great knowing grandma wasn't doing well and my hubby was home if the kids needed anything after I laid down. JUST as I was going to bed about 8:45 my phone rang. I knew exactly what it meant and almost didn't answer. It was my brother. Grandma passed away peacefully at 8:30. She was surrounded by family. I am at work today but my eyes are swollen and my head is pounding. I will be fine as long as nobody mentions it to me I think. I'm am emotional ticking time bomb today. She was an amazing lady who had an awesome long life and she would want be to be strong.

On a side note, I was down again this morning. Exactly 1 pound from 20 so I can only hope it will be gone by tomorrow when I actually weigh in.

Good luck to all of those who have weigh ins today!
I am so sorry! I will pray for you and your family.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #80  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
disgal - I love your mindset! I, too, wish my location was Disney World. In fact, when I'm stressed I plan vacations. We're not going back until Dec. 2012>sigh<. Also been craving Werther's bakery in Germany pavillion and California Grill.
I want to live at WDW also. We are thinking about going back in Nov/Dec 2012. We just went in Nov/Dec 2010 and my husband and I decided we would take a vacation alone somewhere in 2 years but we want to go back there worse than anywhere else so we are all going again. Gotta love the happiest place on earth. Oh, and I hope my photopass pics are much better next time. I have one that I've shown nobody but my hubby and that just may be my before. It's horrrrrrrible.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #81  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone, Looks like I am the early bird this morning. Lots of running around to do, go WI this morning so we will see how that goes. Had drama issues last night and its driving me insane. It would be different if it were MY drama but it wasn't. Its my son and his girlfriend, mostly his girlfriend and they live with me. She is one of the wolf criers if she doesn't get her way she is going to do this (leave) or she is going to do that (cut herself). I told him last night I have NOT wanted to drink since I have start my diet but last night I Could of drank a whole bottle of something. I did not though, I got my water and drank and drank and drank. I know alcohol doesn't solve anything and I am not a drinker but I was losing my mind last night. I have the worst headache this morning, I think its because I didn't go to bed til 3am up at 615am, was sick to my stomach because of all that went on.

Anyways its a different day, I've eaten my breakfast and I'm off to do my running around. I hope everyone has a great day!
I think you need a vacation! Kick that little chica out the door!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Josie "Cleaning out the closet....not to be depressed...../Venting not eating..."

You've inspired me - I have nothing in my closet that really fits, but have been avoiding going through the oversizes and getting rid of them. I know it's not quite the same issue, but if you can tackle yours, I can tackle mine. I need to get rid of the fat clothes!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Josie "Cleaning out the closet....not to be depressed...../Venting not eating..."

You've inspired me - I have nothing in my closet that really fits, but have been avoiding going through the oversizes and getting rid of them. I know it's not quite the same issue, but if you can tackle yours, I can tackle mine. I need to get rid of the fat clothes!!!
You go Sherwood, I would MUCH rather have your issue but from what I read they are both emotionally gripping........ It just ticks me off I fall for that if they are hanging there they still fit me, I am just CHOSING not to wear them!!! Just finished shoes....now off for a little bike ride with my 9 year old.... I know I will get to have the opposite (oversized) problem, and trust me I can't wait...what makes me mad is last time I lost all the weight and was running, awesome body I SWORE I would never let my weight go up again, and her I sit....... Thanks for reading and posting
Old 07-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Sandy, you have been on a while doing awesome, so I am sure that you will pleasantly surprised I have only been on 2 weeks come Friday, so no so much, and I don't won't to trigger a pity eating party!!! Were you on the plan before school let out? We only get 22 minutes for lunch and I am concerned about what I will pack and will/will not have time to heat/prepare, etc....Any tips?
No, school was out when I started. I actually started after a vacation to California and when I saw the pictures I was appalled at how heavy I was. I put on 30 pounds in a year with osteoarthritis in my knees and gave up all my miles of walking and working out to dvd's in my classroom after school with my colleagues (too much pain).

But, I do have a small fridge and microwave in my classroom. I might buy a "Bullet" mixer to mix my IP packs. Right now I am planning on having lettuce and veggies in my fridge and bringing IP packets to school. I have 40 min. for lunch (I teach 4th grade) as they incorporated recess into the lunch hour. We have no other recesses in the day but they do have 3 PE periods a week. I personally think they need more recess, but we've got to keep those "test scores" up!

I am sure you will get it all figured out!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
No, school was out when I started. I actually started after a vacation to California and when I saw the pictures I was appalled at how heavy I was. I put on 30 pounds in a year with osteoarthritis in my knees and gave up all my miles of walking and working out to dvd's in my classroom after school with my colleagues (too much pain).

But, I do have a small fridge and microwave in my classroom. I might buy a "Bullet" mixer to mix my IP packs. Right now I am planning on having lettuce and veggies in my fridge and bringing IP packets to school. I have 40 min. for lunch (I teach 4th grade) as they incorporated recess into the lunch hour. We have no other recesses in the day but they do have 3 PE periods a week. I personally think they need more recess, but we've got to keep those "test scores" up!

I am sure you will get it all figured out!
Talk about test scores, try teaching high school, teach to the test (it is the FCAT for us), and do WHATEVER has to be done to have them pass it.... We are going into a new school, and I will be on the 2nd floor, hopefully there will be a fridge/microwave on our floor. The veggies for me over the summer have all been like baked kale, zuchinni, not the salad type ones just because I find 2 cups of veggies a TON....... have to have a plan or I will fail.... Next week is preplanning and the kids come back the following..
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 200/200/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Water water water. Also, you can have unlimited lettuce, and on hungry days I have a dill pickle slice or two between meals if I am dying. Tea also helps a lot, and distractions. Try not to dwell on your stomach, a lot of it is a mental thing.
Thanks you so much for the advice I definetly noticed a diffrence today since I was SUPER busy at work I didn't get hungry!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #87  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Hi everyone!

I've been on IP for about 2 1/2 weeks and I just had my 2nd WI today...11lbs total! I'm starting to have to tug my pants up every other minute...which I'm not even annoyed about, yet. I'm sure I'll get fed up and go buy a new pair of jeans soon!

After my weigh in I came home and cooked meals for the rest of the week to make sure that I get variety so that I don't get off track out of boredom. Lots of veggie and meat chopping but I'm actually really excited to try the new recipes I made!

I'm really excited to be reading about everyone's success and I hope to share mine with you as well!! Keep up the good work everyone!

TG
Old 07-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #88  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Sorry to hear about many tough evenings and my condolences to the family that lost their grandmother.

I enjoyed the posts about the closets - I just moved out 6 bags this weekend and it felt great! Have lots of friends on IP and they have given me thier "fat" clothes and I feel great each day I can wear them. They may not have the same taste in style as I do - but I love that I didn't have to spend the $ on an in-between size.

Had my WI today and I lost 3.8 lbs! I'm thrilled with this number after 3 slow weeks. This week I plan to not have any crystal light (think it messes with me), have no restricted items (trying to move things along) and stay off the scale (makes me cranky)!

Good luck to all!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #89  
skp

Height: 5'8"

Just got rid of all my summer fat clothes. Sometimes I think I look heavy (well, I am heavy but...) because my clothes don't fit.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #90  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
disgal - I love your mindset! I, too, wish my location was Disney World. In fact, when I'm stressed I plan vacations. We're not going back until Dec. 2012>sigh<. Also been craving Werther's bakery in Germany pavillion and California Grill.

Woot woot!! We'll be heading down in April.... staying at the BLT....and DEFINITELY plan on hangin at the CG!!! We have yet to go to Werther's, but I think we saw it on a Disney special and said "oh my Goodness yum"!! LOL!!!

Can't wait to be a hot skinny Mama next time we're down there!!

Best Wishes!!
Closed Thread