3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, July 27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239226-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-july-27-a.html)

Determinedat47 07-27-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capricious (Post 3958576)
Congrats wuv on your weightloss and resisting the urge to 'drink' last night- thankfully you got your just rewards :)
Itsabouttime- sorry for your loss...
MInewgoal- just keep breathing, cause with every breath you take you're obviously oxygenating the part of your brain that generates will power- a size 6 and a 'space' b/w the legs?? That's awesome!!
It's a sunny day and I'm happy- cause we've had so much grey in the sky lately! And cause yesterday I got to buy a size 4 skirt (mentioned this in a post VERY late last night so feel entitled to mention it again- cause I can't keep the permagrin off of my face). Thank you by the way to 2Ride for telling me I look skinny in it... Read that over about 20 times and it made me feel just as good every time!
Wishing everyone a happy OP day!

You are SO darn cute in your new skirt. Wow- you must feel wonderful!:cool:

ItsAboutTime 07-27-2011 01:51 PM

Thanks everybody again for the thoughts. I've had a few breakdowns at work today but am feeling ok now. I had my shake this morning and another at lunch but I'm just not hungry. I will make sure I eat dinner tonight (I have another pork chop waiting from last night) before I go get my brother from the airport but I can't force anything down at the moment.

Wuv: Congrats on big numbers once again!

Capricious: You look tiny in your new picture! Size 4! Can't even imagine.

whirlybird68 07-27-2011 01:53 PM

Wow so much to comment on!
Great job Wuv:) Get that well deserved nap.
It'sabouttime, sorry for your grandmother's passing. Bet she wouldn't trade where she is for the world!
Capricious, OMG, you are my new hero. Tell me all your fabulous, stupendous, amazing secrets! What were your fav veggies? What did a normal day look like for you when you were really pressing in?
Kneurohr, spacing out my veggies and ip packs helps me, along with a lot of water and hot tea with splenda or truvia.
I'm feeling great and behavin today! I had most of my herb and cheese omelet for brkfst, peanut butter crunch bar for snack, steamed broccoli for lunch. I also have a rtd drink (chocolate) for later. Let's all keep in mind the goal...becoming thin, healthy women!

pselias 07-27-2011 02:17 PM

So only down 1.2lbs this week. Thought I had lost more. My lowest loss to date. HOWEVER, I did lose 1.75 inches from each thigh!!! That is definitely why I can fit into smaller pants. Wish my hips would take a cue from my thighs!!! It's gonna take me a little longer to reach the 170s, but that's ok too.

damascho 07-27-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becca1978 (Post 3957928)
Good morning!

I weighed in at my center yesterday and have lost a total of 22.8 lbs according to their scale since June 1st. My scale read 150.2 this morning. I haven't been below 150 since January 2008. I am excited to hit the 146 mark so I can say I weigh less than our dog. (She is a mastiff/bloodhound mix that weighed 147 lbs in May.)

I went out to eat last night with my Mom's of Multiples group. One girl whispered that I look great and asked what I was doing. I don't think I have seen her since June. I don't think the looks part of the weight loss has caught up with me yet. I feel skinner, but my brain hasn't caught up (if that makes any sense).

Totally makes sense! I have lost forty pounds and I still see the heavy me in the mirror. Every single day. It's painfully annoying. So, I've resorted to taking pictures when in doubt and that always helps me. I think they call it
"phantom fat" or something like that. It drives me crazy. I can even feel fat on my body that doesn't exist anymore. It's always "phantom" back fat. Weird huh! I'm sure you look stunning and will continue to do so.

thinkthin135 07-27-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 3957953)
I had a very long night. Was going to get to bed early because I haven't been sleeping great knowing grandma wasn't doing well and my hubby was home if the kids needed anything after I laid down. JUST as I was going to bed about 8:45 my phone rang. I knew exactly what it meant and almost didn't answer. It was my brother. Grandma passed away peacefully at 8:30. She was surrounded by family. I am at work today but my eyes are swollen and my head is pounding. I will be fine as long as nobody mentions it to me I think. I'm am emotional ticking time bomb today. She was an amazing lady who had an awesome long life and she would want be to be strong.

On a side note, I was down again this morning. Exactly 1 pound from 20 so I can only hope it will be gone by tomorrow when I actually weigh in.

Good luck to all of those who have weigh ins today!

I am so sorry for your loss. Just keep thinking about all the good memories and you and your family will get through this.

lroderick 07-27-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damascho (Post 3958717)
Totally makes sense! I have lost forty pounds and I still see the heavy me in the mirror. Every single day. It's painfully annoying. So, I've resorted to taking pictures when in doubt and that always helps me. I think they call it
"phantom fat" or something like that. It drives me crazy. I can even feel fat on my body that doesn't exist anymore. It's always "phantom" back fat. Weird huh! I'm sure you look stunning and will continue to do so.

Hey girl ! I noticed we're same height & have the same weight goal ! Have you been on IP long ? I'm dieing to get into the 150's let along the 140's, but I seriously wish the process went a little faster !! I feel like I eat a quater of what I used to, so for me I feel like the weight should just be falling off my body lol. .... & it's super hard not to give into the tempations at our age -__- I mean idk about you, but i'm surrounded by skinny friends ! but I'm trying ! ANYWAYS ... 40 lbs is awesome :carrot: You go girl, shows there's hope for me ! :dizzy:

JoseyM 07-27-2011 03:03 PM

Should have stayed OUT of the closet

Sooooo, I went through my closet and was shocked a lot of my old clothes still don't fit me, well, all of them actually :( BUT I have ONLY been on IP for 2 weeks this Friday, I was just so excited by my "big sizes" getting looser....I had to remind my self that those clothes I pulled out have not fit me in 2 years, I have been buying bigger pants and just wearing tops.....ho hummm, oh well, at least I am staying true to stay off the scale, and wasn't even tempted to check my loss this week....

disgal 07-27-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseyM (Post 3958806)
Sooooo, I went through my closet and was shocked a lot of my old clothes still don't fit me, well, all of them actually :( BUT I have ONLY been on IP for 2 weeks this Friday, I was just so excited by my "big sizes" getting looser....I had to remind my self that those clothes I pulled out have not fit me in 2 years, I have been buying bigger pants and just wearing tops.....ho hummm, oh well, at least I am staying true to stay off the scale, and wasn't even tempted to check my loss this week....

Oh just you wait!!! Before you know it those clothes are going to be falling off!! :carrot:

Hey all!! Just finished reading all the posts. Wow!! It was a tough night for many!! So sorry to hear about your loss ItsAboutTime.....God Bless you and yours...

Hang in there everyone!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!:carrot:

JoseyM 07-27-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disgal (Post 3958853)
Oh just you wait!!! Before you know it those clothes are going to be falling off!! :carrot:

Hey all!! Just finished reading all the posts. Wow!! It was a tough night for many!! So sorry to hear about your loss ItsAboutTime.....God Bless you and yours...

Hang in there everyone!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!:carrot:

Thanks disgal, I know they will, it just kinda bugged me, don't know WHAT I was thinking....I think I will start to try on the "BIG" clothes first!!! LOL makes alot more sense....

JoseyM 07-27-2011 04:21 PM

Cleaning out the closet....not to be depressed...../Venting not eating...

Okay, so after above posts, I didn't want to do JACK with those skinny clothes int he damn closet, just close the door and keep wearing the same 2-3 pairs of pants with your stretchy tops.....then I thought about it, I have to go back to school (teacher-work/not student) next Monday and the end of the summer is always traumatic, I ALWAYS gain weight, nothing fits (I can wear the same 2 pairs of shirts and sleeveless tanks all summer, who cares, right, live in fantasy land)don don dooooooooooon...... So, I AM cleaning my closet clothes too big, oh, that right, there are NONE of those, so moving on to the ones that don't...I am trying on EVERY skirt/pants in my closet. IF they do NOT fit, I am putting in clear storage containers (pants) and the skirts/dresses in a hanging closet we built out of cedar in the garage. At first I thought it would motivate me to lose weight seeing them and working to get in them, but it is me being delusional that all these are "just a little snug" and I haven't really gained that much. PLUS my closet is TOO cluttered.

So, the plan is, everything left hanging in my closet fits me (no frustration of trying to zip/snap something to start my day and depress me and give me an excuse to fall off). As I lose and things become too large to wear, I will go to the storage bin and closet outside and bring the new fitting size in (I have a range, 8's (goal), 10's, and 12's (now size). I figure this way, I will discard too large items and donate (if I didn't separate them, I would just hang the too big back up as I tried smaller sizes) and bring the new ones in...... Okay, had to vent and think for a minute....I have been lying to myself about how much did NOT fit me in my closet....this was theraputic, thanks for reading if you do, I know it was long :dizzy:

sandyh50 07-27-2011 05:24 PM

Hi al!

Sorry Itsabouttime on the loss of your grandma. Hang in there everyone with emotional issues. I swear that triggers cortisone and causes us to not lose.

Josey, I am a teacher too and need to go through my closet. Baggy shorts and tshirts won't cut it anymore. I hope some of my smaller clothes will fit.
I was down on the scale today which relieved me as I gained a pound at weigh in yesterday. I keep following the protocol.

Congrats to all those who lost weight this week.

JoseyM 07-27-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 3959094)
Hi al!

Sorry Itsabouttime on the loss of your grandma. Hang in there everyone with emotional issues. I swear that triggers cortisone and causes us to not lose.

Josey, I am a teacher too and need to go through my closet. Baggy shorts and tshirts won't cut it anymore. I hope some of my smaller clothes will fit.
I was down on the scale today which relieved me as I gained a pound at weigh in yesterday. I keep following the protocol.

Congrats to all those who lost weight this week.

Sandy, you have been on a while doing awesome, so I am sure that you will pleasantly surprised :) I have only been on 2 weeks come Friday, so no so much, and I don't won't to trigger a pity eating party!!! Were you on the plan before school let out? We only get 22 minutes for lunch and I am concerned about what I will pack and will/will not have time to heat/prepare, etc....Any tips?

pselias 07-27-2011 05:46 PM

disgal - I love your mindset! I, too, wish my location was Disney World. In fact, when I'm stressed I plan vacations. We're not going back until Dec. 2012>sigh<. Also been craving Werther's bakery in Germany pavillion and California Grill.

rachelearth 07-27-2011 06:27 PM

Day 1 is almost over for me. It wasn't an easy day! I can't wait for next week when my craving will be over and I wouldn't feel hungry a good 1/2 of the day!