3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Severe stomach cramps (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/239181-severe-stomach-cramps.html)

kelly1962 07-26-2011 03:13 PM

Severe stomach cramps

I have been on ideal protein for 6 weeks now and today i have unbelievable sharp pains in my stomach. I have not been on the novi cleanse or taking anything else for bowel movements. Has anyone else experienced this?
I cant even sit up or stand up without getting sharp pains.

petie 07-26-2011 04:20 PM

So sorry you are hurting. I have no idea if anything IP has ever created something like that. It is important to pay attention to any severe pain, especially if it persists. Maybe you need medical advice. Hope you're better soon.

Jasesgirl 07-26-2011 04:37 PM

im going to guess its linked to something else..if it were linked to IP..you would have had it earlier on.. I suggest seeing a doctor..could be your appendix...or something else.

skinnyemmie 07-26-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1962 (Post 3956711)
I have been on ideal protein for 6 weeks now and today i have unbelievable sharp pains in my stomach. I have not been on the novi cleanse or taking anything else for bowel movements. Has anyone else experienced this?

Kelly, sometimes a new diet can trigger gall bladder issues. I've heard this on more than one occasion. If it persists I would definitely have it checked out.

Hope you feel better soon.

emmie

Determinedat47 07-26-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

I highly doubt that the symptoms you are experiencing are from ideal protein unless you are incredibly constipated. I have been on IP since Jan. and have never done nor will I ever do the novacleanse. Are you constipated? If you are having stomach pains that severe, you should seek medical attention to determine the cause.

Losingtime 07-26-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Kelly, I've had some stomach cramping before, and it seems to be when I've been taking the florolax for constipation. If your not taking anything and your not constipated, I'd definitely look into the gallbladder as others suggested. I've also heard that some people experience issues with gallbladder attacks.
Hope you feel better soon!

woolberger 07-26-2011 06:37 PM

Kelly,

Abdominal pain is NEVER normal. There are so many different things it could be...most minor, but some that need immediate attention. Please, at least call your primary care provider who can take a thorough history and advise you. We care about you. Let us know how you are doing.

Lynn

Watkat 07-26-2011 07:26 PM

Go to the doctor!!!!

kelly1962 07-27-2011 10:01 AM

I was on Nutri System years ago(probably 20 years and did indeed lose my gallbladder due to gallstones, so i knew that wasnt the problem. I went to see my counsellor yesterday and she gave me the Novi lax that ideal protein sells. It worked and i am feeling much better today. It was a case of constipation. Thanks for everyone's concern. I didnt drink my 3 litres of water as much on Sunday and Monday , i probably only drank 1 to 1.5 litres and i think that may have contributed to my problem. Lesson learned and for others, please don't make my mistake and drink your water.

calee 07-27-2011 10:06 AM

I'm glad you're feeling better and that it wasn't anything more serious.

Point well taken about drinking the water!