Old 07-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Default If you were in a bind...

If you had no Dinner Protein readily available, would having a 4th packet instead act as a close enough replacement or not. I do only mean one time, not often. Just if you had a busy night and no supper planned in advance, for example. -Phase 1-
Thanks in advance.
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #2  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

That would be better than most other alternatives. I'd stick with a non-restricted packet. Remember eggs and lean lunchmeats count as acceptable proteins too.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #3  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

sometimes i buy the pre made roasted chicken breats cut up, and throw it on a salad
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
That would be better than most other alternatives. I'd stick with a non-restricted packet. Remember eggs and lean lunchmeats count as acceptable proteins too.
Do you have any examples of the lunch meats? Brands or anything? I also ask because I want to make Chicken cordon bleu again for my husband but then I could maybe stick spinach and ham in mine but no cheese and of course not breaded.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago, and the answer I found most helpful was that someone pointed out to me that, in his book, the Dr. pretty much says that the one meal of protein a day is there to help you keep your sanity and socialize a little. I think replacing it with an extra packet will do no harm at all, although like you said I would refrain from doing it on a normal basis.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I asked a similar question a few weeks ago, and the answer I found most helpful was that someone pointed out to me that, in his book, the Dr. pretty much says that the one meal of protein a day is there to help you keep your sanity and socialize a little. I think replacing it with an extra packet will do no harm at all, although like you said I would refrain from doing it on a normal basis.
That makes sense, because I remember first starting out Dinner always made me feel like I was eating normally again b/c it was such real food! Good to know, I figured the carbs/calories etc in a packet couldn't be much more than if I had a chicken breast, for example, which is why I thought it might be ok.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
If you had no Dinner Protein readily available, would having a 4th packet instead act as a close enough replacement or not. I do only mean one time, not often. Just if you had a busy night and no supper planned in advance, for example. -Phase 1-
Thanks in advance.
Absolutely yes! When I prepare dinner for my family I alway take out extra for me for a couple of days, so I just need to reheat it or throw on a salad. It defiantly helps to be prepared.

I also find it very strange how all the different clinics work the program out differently. I start my day off w/Ip at 8am, then have Ip between 11-12noon, then have an IP at 3pm, then have dinner at 6pm, then have 9pm IP so I am having 4IP packet per day plus my own protein. I did IP for the first time 2 years ago and thats how they did it and now went back on for a cleanse and thats how they still do it. I still lose weight and never feel hungry, if I could only do 3 packets a day I would be very hungry feeling in between i think. So every 3 hours I have a protein, it works. Funny he!
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakjack View Post
Absolutely yes! When I prepare dinner for my family I alway take out extra for me for a couple of days, so I just need to reheat it or throw on a salad. It defiantly helps to be prepared.

I also find it very strange how all the different clinics work the program out differently. I start my day off w/Ip at 8am, then have Ip between 11-12noon, then have an IP at 3pm, then have dinner at 6pm, then have 9pm IP so I am having 4IP packet per day plus my own protein. I did IP for the first time 2 years ago and thats how they did it and now went back on for a cleanse and thats how they still do it. I still lose weight and never feel hungry, if I could only do 3 packets a day I would be very hungry feeling in between i think. So every 3 hours I have a protein, it works. Funny he!
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have 4. I feel like it would help me out a lot because I always feel the snack need in between lunch and dinner and after dinner as well. Soooo, I usually have breakfast at 11 and lunch at 3 to help me get through and save my snack for after dinner. (but I drink black coffee and chug water for a long while before 11)
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have 4. I feel like it would help me out a lot because I always feel the snack need in between lunch and dinner and after dinner as well. Soooo, I usually have breakfast at 11 and lunch at 3 to help me get through and save my snack for after dinner. (but I drink black coffee and chug water for a long while before 11)
Yes, I here ya,thats how they do it at my clinic. So I am satisfied and not craving something. Otherwise that would be a long time in between lunch and dinner w/o anything to eat but veggies. Talk to your coach at your clinic and see if you can, we all do it this way at the clinic I go to and people still are loosing weight. I'm going to ask my coach why the clinics differ so much when were doing the same program. And when you start in your first week they allow up to 5 packets if you feel like your starving. Weird, I'll let you know what she says when I speak to her.
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #10  

That being said, I can barely afford 3 a day!