Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Huge NSV for me! My family (DH, MIL, FIL, Kids) and I go to the lake house almost every other day. They all know I have been doing "my diet" as they call it for 3 weeks again now. They always have junk food laying around and the food they make for meals is not IP allowable They always eat no earlier than 8:00 in the evening also. I have decided that this is about ME and instead of waiting for the grill to warm up and then explaining that I can't have grilled onions, fruit... on my food I am going to take my own pre-cooked food with from now on. This way I do not need to go into the whole "yes, I know these veggies, fruit, whole wheat buns... are healthy BUT I can not have them right yet" speal.

I have made it through the first 3 weeks with no cheats what so ever and the temptation has been there for sure. It does not bother me for the most part anymore. I am doing this for myself this time. I am done being part of the cycle. I am noticing my kids are starting to make better choices as they see mom stay strong. This diet is wonderful and the people on this board are such a inspiration
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #77  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Looking for honest opinions...
I am 12 pounds away from my original goal of 170. I am thinking of phasing out at that point and then using the good old standby of exercise and WW to go the remaining 20 pounds to 150. Here's why - my coach is over an hour away, it is adding over $200 a month to what I spend in gas plus adding 100+ miles a week to my car. Plus the days where I have to leave work on time to get there to weigh in and pick up my food are really cutting into the OT I work, which I desperately need as I will be out of work 10-12 weeks following surgery in October.
That, and I am getting to the point where all of the food makes me nauseous just looking at it! Does anybody know of anyone who has made that transition before? I'm just confused! **And the goal of 150 isn't a definite goal, it's more that I just want to reach a healthy weight and be comfortable in my own skin-and I'm getting very close** Thoughts?
How do you feel? I think you should do what your heart is telling you to do... just remember to phase off properly and then you will be set to maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
If I were in your shoes, I would begin to work through the IP phases to make sure your reprogramed pancreas is brought back to its optimal working level.....that's what this diet is designed to do. Being stressed over money, your time and your daily nutrition does not equate to a happy healthy body. You should have learned to eat correctly by the time you have finished your phases. Take that powerful knowledge into your new lifestyle and run with it.

Good luck......
love your new avatar, way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I have an SV to report!!!
As of today, I am officially down *drumroll* 30.6 pounds!!!
I was so happy stepping on the scale this morning that I did a little happy dance.
Thank goodness for IP for making such a daunting thing like losing lots of weight easier.
Thank you all so much for all the support! I could never do this program without it.
Now. Onto that last 20 pounds or so.
IP ROCKS!!!
Way to go, you will be at your goal before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This is my first day on plan, it is so nice to see such an active daily thread.
Also nice to see several fellow Albertans here. I am east of Edmonton, it seems it's been rain, rain, rain forever here.

I had never heard of this program until I noticed it on 3fatchicks. I am very optimistic that it will work for me. I was not sure how to pick a clinic from the many available her, I went to the first one that had time open yesterday and was really impressed with the trainer.

This is my last year of work, I will retire at the end of this school year so hope to give myself the gift of finally winning my lifelong weight war by at time.
So pleased to meet you all, what positive attitudes here!
Glad you found a clinic. Welcome that is a great plan and you will do awesome, read the newbie sticky as it answers a lot of questions, and I use the recipes links all the time... change is good, and even with veg change is good, so you don't get bored.

Scof = this is great, going for what you want... keep it up you will be awesome.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
My NSV for today -- about 3 months ago, I was wearing a really pretty dress shirt at work, and the annoying receptionist that doesn't know how to filter her mouth says , "That shirt looks like it's cutting off your arm circulation." She is known for saying stupid things at the wrong times, so I shrugged it off. But it did still get to me.
Then dun dun duuuuun, I'm wearing it today and it no longer does that to my arms! I mede sure to walk RIGHT past her with the shirt on. Of course she had nothing to say.
Also I had a career change recently. I was in school to be a nurse and I decided that for a long time I really knew that's not what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to do something that would make me happy. So after talking it over with my boyfriend, I'm going to attend The Art Institute of Las Vegas and get the bachelor's degree for game art and design specializing in animation. I love games and I love drawing. Scary, but I hope I can do it.
Good for you! It's okay to be scared. That let's you know it is important!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #79  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Fitting in a pant that has been laying around in my closet for over 6 years !!

What a feeling.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #80  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post

What a feeling.
Enjoy the journey......it's so much fun!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #81  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post

What a feeling.
Wow...congratulations. I have a few sets of "skinny" clothes that were purchased to motivate me. I still can't wear them but it's getting closer and closer and it's only week 4. What an awesome inspiration.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Ok...I had for me what was an NSV. I'm sure there are a few of y'all that will understand.
I was trying on jeans last night, since I don't have any...just 2 pairs of shorts and a pair of capris..anyway... I looked in the fitting room mirror, and there was a space between my legs!!! I could actually see a space!!!
I don't think I've ever had a space...LoL
I know exactly what you mean! When I started this plan, I joked that one of my goals was that my thighs wouldn't create a spark from rubbing together when I walked down the halls at work,
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I know exactly what you mean! When I started this plan, I joked that one of my goals was that my thighs wouldn't create a spark from rubbing together when I walked down the halls at work,
My boyfriend says I am 'H3LL on pants' because I rip up the thighs very fast.

Last edited by murleya1; 07-26-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #84  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This is my first day on plan, it is so nice to see such an active daily thread.
Also nice to see several fellow Albertans here. I am east of Edmonton, it seems it's been rain, rain, rain forever here.
Welcome fellow Albertan, I hope your first day goes smoothly!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #85  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Space between the legs....can't wait! I'm well on my way there. Lost 4# while on vacation at the beach. Temptations every where.....but I held true.

Have an excellent day all and enjoy this journey!
I am so impressed by people who can stay on plan while on vacation. Now that is committment. WAY TO GO!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
A little disappointed today, not on the diet side though, I've stayed OP since day one that isn't going to change. Just received an email from the interview I went to 2 weeks ago that I was so nervous about, I was not the chosen person for the position which is fine but kind of disappointing at the same time. I have a job now that I love but its not in the career field I just graduated from. I'll stick with the job I have now and just keep pressing ahead. WI tomorrow, lets have another 100%OP day!
What is the career feild you just graduated in?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #87  

Height: 5'4"

Have some turnips in the oven to go with the pork chops my hubby is making. I hope they are good. I used olive oil and garlic on them before baking. I saw mixed reviews and decided to peel them because the skin seems to be where the bitter taste comes from.?

Is anyone finding they like new things after starting IP? I never liked hot sauce. Hated even the smell. Now I could eat pork chops with hot sauce every night. I also didn't care for green peppers but now I love them too.

I also love how I get excited to try new veggies now. I have always love cauliflower any way. I love it with cheese, raw, cooked, whatever but now I also love it boiled and chopped or mashed with some ICBINB spray and Mrs. Dash.

Love how it's opened my eyes and my taste buds to new flavors!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #88  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

I'm with you on loving new things. I couldn't STAND dill pickles before IP and now adore them.

If you like curry, try some on your cauliflower. Just thinking about oven-roasted curry cauliflower makes my mouth water!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #89  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I also love how I get excited to try new veggies now. I have always love cauliflower any way. I love it with cheese, raw, cooked, whatever but now I also love it boiled and chopped or mashed with some ICBINB spray and Mrs. Dash.
I plan to bake cauliflower in the new broccoli cheese soup made up as a sauce. Sort of like a gratin... I think I will add leeks to it too.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #90  
THB

S/C/G: 244/191/180

Height: 5.6

Feeling Good, week 7 weigh in, down 3.5 and that makes a total of 27lbs in 7 weeks.
Closed Thread