3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Miracle Noodles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238968-miracle-noodles.html)

Purrfect 07-24-2011 08:51 PM

Miracle Noodles

I am excited to find miracle noodles, and wondered if anyone is using them in IP, or knows about what phase they fit into; it looks perfectly fine for phase one, and an exciting way to add variety!! :D:smug::):cool:

niknakjack 07-24-2011 09:01 PM

I use miracle noodles, They are made of just water and fiber so I use them on phase one. they are 0/0/0 and a huge savior.

I order mine from miracle noodle.com the best are the fetuccini and angel hair
Rinse them well in cold water for a minute or so then put into boiling water for a minute or so then season them.

My favorite way to eat them is as a stir fry w/veggies and chicken or shrimp
after boiling the noodles mix them right into your stir fry w/soy sauce, mustard, ginger garlic and any other seasonings you like.

They take on the flavor of whatever you put on them. Otherwise have no taste.

niknakjack 07-24-2011 09:03 PM

Oh in low sodium broth w/chicken they are good too.

Once you try them and start experimenting on yummy ways to make them let me know.

Purrfect 07-24-2011 09:37 PM

Oh, GREAT! I'm going to give them a try. I read all the reviews both good and bad onAmazon...so I think I have a good idea of how to use them and actually enjoy them. Sounds like a product you can use anytime, although I had wanted to check into the Atkins products for phase 4 eating eventually. I can see this is a real life change, and I need to be seriously carb conscious forever. Finding affordable products is not too easy, tho.

Thanks for the feedback.

wildflower613 07-24-2011 09:53 PM

I would love a noodle again! Is this tofu? and do they smell or taste fishy?
Thanks!

THB 07-25-2011 12:52 AM

I love these with my stirfry, and they do smell fishy at first, you just have to rinse them really well.

sonoio 07-25-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THB (Post 3953647)
I love these with my stirfry, and they do smell fishy at first, you just have to rinse them really well.

I got mine from Amazon and could not get the fishy smell out of them. I even boiled them longer because the consistency was too weird for me...I ended up getting a refund from Amazon. I never tried them in a stir fry though. I resigned to the fact that Nothing tastes like the real thing and this is probably what did it for me.

leganegan 07-25-2011 02:28 PM

Just ordered the variety sample! Can't wait I like the ones that Hungry Girl endorses, so I am sure I will like these. It helps with my pasta craving. I am Italian. Can't wait to have it with meatballs and some diced tomotoes and tomatoe paste!:hun:

justamom 07-25-2011 02:31 PM

Just ordered some angel hair. Hope I like them!

Purrfect 07-26-2011 10:28 PM

I will get my first batch in the mail tomorrow, and will start experimenting. If you have any actual recipes...love to hear about them. Hope this is better than WF products!!!

Porthardygurl 07-26-2011 10:39 PM

taste wise..when rinsed there fine..and you can make it taste like anything you use pretty much..however...it was a texture thing for me..i think i used the fettuchini ones and found them to be quite wormy like..and slimey.. even after boiling and cooking and frying them up..i threw them out..so i hope it turns out better for you

rooster on a diet 07-26-2011 10:57 PM

here is a great way to cook them, you can mix up the recipe if you want. And yes i know shes BIG :dizzy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNvBM0VxJfM

Porthardygurl 07-27-2011 12:01 AM

lol..um...why would any women want to look like that??? i dont get it?? and does she even have a bust? or is it just like ..pure chest muscle??

Regardless..im sure her recipe is good..maybe i should try the angel hair instead of the fettuchini..maybe they wont be so flat and wormy like.

rooster on a diet 07-27-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3957546)
lol..um...why would any women want to look like that??? i dont get it?? and does she even have a bust? or is it just like ..pure chest muscle??

Regardless..im sure her recipe is good..maybe i should try the angel hair instead of the fettuchini..maybe they wont be so flat and wormy like.

I know, shes Miss olympia so i guess its a lifestyle but i look at alot of her videos and she as a great personality.

wildflower613 07-27-2011 12:33 AM

As of now the stir fry I make is chicken, veggies, bean sprouts, wf Asian, soy sauce, etc and my dh and I both eat it. So my question is 1) which noodle would you recommend for the stir fry? Angel hair might have a "lo mein" quality? 2) do you think my dh would be able to tell it wasnt real noodles?!