3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Late Day Bloating! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238967-late-day-bloating.html)

coliep 07-24-2011 08:49 PM

Late Day Bloating!

So each morning, I wake feeling a little thinner. However, as the day goes on I become increasingly bloated. This is both uncomfortable and visible! I look 5 months pregnant by the end of most days! Anybody else have any advice on how to control this while on IP?

Jasesgirl 07-25-2011 12:25 AM

i have the same issue..im wondering if its either the veggies or the water?

CarrieElizabeth 07-25-2011 09:07 AM

Now that you mention it, the same thing has been happening to me too!

coliep 07-25-2011 10:14 AM

For me, I think it might be the veggies and the fact that I eat a monster meal that just seems to sit there. 2 cups of veggies and 8 ounces of protein is a lot -- I mean, it IS a half pound of meat. Now, I am not complaining because I like my big meal but I probably wouldn't eat that all in one sitting if I weren't on IP. I would have some as a mid afternoon snack and the rest for dinner, and I don't typically have super sluggish bowels like I do on IP, so I think it usually processes faster for me!

I am trying the enzymes now (so far, no change). I take milk of magneisa too often (works but sometimes . . . too well). I think I may get the novilax and take a minimal dose preventatively and see if that doesn't help....

jennydoodle 07-25-2011 04:03 PM

Me too. I take enzymes, so I know it helps, but I do feel more bloated at the end of the day. I think it is a combination of the water and veggies.

CuteNcurls 07-25-2011 05:29 PM

I have the same issue. I was informed that I should try digestive enzymes...so I have. I take one right before each meal. I'm still not seeing much of a change in the size of my "food baby" but I'm not as uncomfortable after meals. I'm going to keep trying it for awhile...but I agree, the meal is a lot of food all at once.

Bellamack 07-25-2011 05:36 PM

me too!

jennylauren19 08-03-2011 01:00 PM

Me too! I feel skinny when I wake up, but as soon as I have my first IP packet, I feel bloated. By the end of the day, I look pregnant!

coliep 08-03-2011 01:03 PM

So, here's what I have been doing and feeling better . . .
1) psyllium husk with acidopholus capsules (helps with the constipation aspect of the bloating) in addition to taking the IP enzymes.
2) upping water. A lot. I think I had 5 liters yesterday
3) exercises with emphasis on core and abs (the food fetus is the least apparent on days I do this)
4) limit WF products

It has been better!

jennydoodle 08-03-2011 05:14 PM

Thanks coliep.

I also noticed that I feel a lot better when I limit WF products. The only ones I kind of like are the caramel and chocolate sauces in coffee. The dressing are terrible (to me).

redhead14 08-03-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 3971868)
Thanks coliep.

I also noticed that I feel a lot better when I limit WF products. The only ones I kind of like are the caramel and chocolate sauces in coffee. The dressing are terrible (to me).

Do you have a good receipe for dressing that you use? I've looked and tried a bunch from the receipe threads but none of them taste good to me.

MrsD75 08-03-2011 05:31 PM

Just jumping in on the recipe thing... I almost always make my own dressing (I really dislike the WF stuff, too)... the basics are:

1 tsp EVOO
1 tsp vinegar (white or apple cider) or lemon juice
1 tsp splenda or stevia (this is about 1 packet)
1 tsp mustard (whatever kind you like)

Then add your salt, and whatever seasonings you like... helps to get that oil in for the day and super easy to make... I have done "greek" dressing with lemon juice, spicy brown mustard and oregano, italian with apple cider vinegar and italian seasoning, a favorite for spinach salad is apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic and chopped onion... this also works great to toss veggies in before roasting!

redhead14 08-03-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsD75 (Post 3971888)
Just jumping in on the recipe thing... I almost always make my own dressing (I really dislike the WF stuff, too)... the basics are:

1 tsp EVOO
1 tsp vinegar (white or apple cider) or lemon juice
1 tsp splenda or stevia (this is about 1 packet)
1 tsp mustard (whatever kind you like)

Then add your salt, and whatever seasonings you like... helps to get that oil in for the day and super easy to make... I have done "greek" dressing with lemon juice, spicy brown mustard and oregano, italian with apple cider vinegar and italian seasoning, a favorite for spinach salad is apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic and chopped onion... this also works great to toss veggies in before roasting!

Thank you!!:hug::hug: Will have to give it a try.

thegooch 03-22-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coliep (Post 3953331)
So each morning, I wake feeling a little thinner. However, as the day goes on I become increasingly bloated. This is both uncomfortable and visible! I look 5 months pregnant by the end of most days! Anybody else have any advice on how to control this while on IP?

I am just on Day 4 on IP and was getting discouraged until I read all the posteds on this site. I too feel so good thin in the morning by 3pm i feel huge again and look so fat like nothing is happening. Any advise or anything to get through Phase I would be apprecitated.

Momto2cs 03-22-2012 06:04 PM

Watch the ingredients in the ip packets you eat. Some contain sugar alcohols, which are know to cause bloating and gas. I can't eat any without suffering.