The "get rid of your scale" challenge for the week of July 24th-July 29th

• I dont know about you but i live and die by my scale most days. It not only rules my weight,is it seems to rule my diet and emotions..So i decided that its time to hide the scale for a week and begin to rule my life by my own thoughts..Who's with me!!!
  • I'd love to but I don't have enough will power. It's strange coming from someone who can give up pizza and coke and cookies and cheese that they have no will power but I just can't do it. I had to have my husband hide the scale a couple years ago when I was losing weight because I am a crazy lady. I am scared to do that now for some reason. I also let it rule my whole day even if I am barely up. Up is up right? And I'm sure everyone can totally see that .4 that I "gained" back. I have been going every couple of days and that's working ok. I have also had great scale days so that may be the difference too. When I'm losing I have an easier time staying off but when I'm gaining I have to keep doing it to make sure it's gone. See.....crazy! Good luck to all of you. I hope to be able to join you soon. (But I say this every week!)
  • Mine has been in the VIP's car trunk for almost a month. That way I'm not tempted even if I'm at his house. No point in trying other scales as I don't know the lb difference from 'other' scales and my coaches scale like I do my own.

It's a heck of a lot less anxiety if I don't know as I'm not as hard on myself .
  • Haha! I am in! I am in my 2nd week of staying off the scale. One thing I will tell you is that it certainly reduces the stress of everyday fluctuations!
  • Well I'm only in by default. My scale broke. I bought another one on Ebay but when I got it, it was half the size of a real scale and called "portable". Well its impossible to balance on so it never gives the correct weight. I still try every morning though...lol. I love the scale, but I dont even have a working one right now.
  • I love this thread! You are right, the scale can be your best friend or your enemy.

About a month ago I literally put my scale in the trunk of my car because I could not handle the truth :-) Now that I am comfortable with my eating plan I actually enjoy weighing myself daily and the fluctuations do not bother me....

LGW
  • Wow, very challenging! I am starting anew at week 1 this week and am a daily scale watcher but I will give it a try
  • For you daily weighers...you've seen your trends and you know that sometimes that scale does not move, sometimes it goes down and sometimes it goes up....so when you get back on that scale...if that number has not gone down...the key is to KNOW that you are eating healthy and that you feel good....and STICK to your plan no matter the scale says....just a warning :-)
  • Okay, I am in this week.....only got on twice since I started, so it shouldn't be too tough.......I will committ to try
  • I'm in. the scale rules too much of how I feel.
    but...I'm going to do my old trick I've written about before: I'm taping my goal weight on the scale readout so I get to see what I want everytime I'm tempted to weigh myself.

It really worked for me in the past. If anyone else tries it let me know if you like it or hate it.
  • Quote: Mine has been in the VIP's car trunk for almost a month. That way I'm not tempted even if I'm at his house. No point in trying other scales as I don't know the lb difference from 'other' scales and my coaches scale like I do my own.

It's a heck of a lot less anxiety if I don't know as I'm not as hard on myself .
    Ohhh. This is a good idea ..... I like it
  • Here we go...i weighed in at a shocking 289 for day 1...now no more weighing for 7 days!!!! Lets see if i can do it!
  • I'm in! I think the scale plays with my emotions with each fluctuation. I feel cheated if my WI is less than the loss at home - meanwhile, I've been very successful. It's the whole mind game thing. Ready to put that aside for a week or more! Good luck all!
  • Well its officially day 2 and im not going to weigh myself..which scares me...i guess im like a bit of a control freak ..i want to control the numbers!!
  • It's day 6 of not weighing myself.... was totally tempted to jump on this morning as my WI day is tomorrow. Thanks to a tip from one of you, I went to the kitchen and drank a couple of glasses of water and plan to have a carefree day about the scale today!