Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
Morning all and happy Friday! Had a great workout last night and have a 55 minute session tonight that I am really looking forward to!

Had my first IP product this morning that I did not enjoy. I bought the chocolate pancake/muffin mix. Made it as pancakes and found them to be super yuck. Maybe less water next time. I will try them as a muffin this weekend. MUCH prefer the non restricked crispy cereal pancake. Live and learn!
haha, I made the chocolate pancake yesterday, and added an egg white and it was gross to cook on the stove top for me too! this morning I will have cereal.
So, i love working out, how has your loss been while working out? last time I did the diet they made me eat a bar before my workout so I didn't lose too much muscle. My diet clinic is a spa and workout place too, so I am doing Zumba with my diet coach at a class there on Monday (my first weigh in). I am assuming working out is okay if she says so. Have a good weekend!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheekers View Post
I have lost about 25 lbs so far on this diet but I still don't feel good on it. I have diarrhea almost every day. And I have been sick (congestion/coughing) since week 2. Now maybe this is all coincidence but I just feel like since starting I haven't felt like myself??? I recently had bloodwork at the drs and she was concerned about my liver function. She said it looked like I had fatty liver disease and wanted to recheck it in a couple months. Can this diet alter your immunity? I feel like I get sick then get over it and within a couple days, I'm sick again.
Wow, that is not good. Are you doing the program through your dr or a clinic? If it's a clinic, what does your coach have to say about it? I'm not sure how this diet alters your immunity, I wish I could help. You are obviously lacking in something if you only feel good for a couple of days before you get sick again. I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well and hope it gets resolved soon.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on all the victories this morning! Don't mornings feel great when you didn't give in to temptation the night before?

I weighed myself this morning, had another pound loss and officially passed from "obese" to "overweight" which was my next mini-goal. I can't believe how fast this diet works. After going downtown with my family yesterday and watching them eat fish and chips, donuts and sugary drinks while I was stuck with my protein shake, now I see why it was worth it!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday everyone!! This was a rough week for me since I broke down on Sunday and had some ice cream. I was discouraged and mad at myself for giving in. I started fresh on Monday and have been OP all week. I had WI #3 this morning and was down 2.5 pounds for the week and 4 inches in the past three weeks. I bought a box of restricted bars today to eat when I have that sweet craving. I haven't been this weight since I got pregnant with my son - and he is 12!!!!! I am a slow loser so I'm estatic with 2.5 pounds. This has been an emmotional week with the cheat, and I was tempted to quit IP. I'm so glad that I had this forum because the success stories are what keeps me going. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Last edited by cadenlevi; 07-22-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
haha, I made the chocolate pancake yesterday, and added an egg white and it was gross to cook on the stove top for me too! this morning I will have cereal.
So, i love working out, how has your loss been while working out? last time I did the diet they made me eat a bar before my workout so I didn't lose too much muscle. My diet clinic is a spa and workout place too, so I am doing Zumba with my diet coach at a class there on Monday (my first weigh in). I am assuming working out is okay if she says so. Have a good weekend!
Well I worked out alot before I started IP 3 weeks ago. This is my first week working out again. I was going crazy without it so I am adding a packet and seeing what happens. I'll let you know how things go!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #36  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Let me start by saying I just finished watching the video that Sandyh50 suggested yesterday....

"I watched the documentary "FAthead" on hulu.com last night and was really "educated" more about low carb diets."

OMG!!! Great explanation and an eye opener...so thanks Sandy for posting that!!!

Yummy idea..... not sure if I got this idea from the boards or not....took the peanut butter bar and sliced it into thin slices then put them into the freezer. Had them last night.....YUM!!! Melt in your mouth and take longer to eat cuz they're frozen!!!! LOL!!

Also, used banana extract in place of vanilla extract in my "IP cereal" pancakes this morning....thought it was a nice change.

Went to the market hoping to get some rhubarb....dying to try the recipe from yesterday's daily thread using the IP vanilla pudding. Need to go to a farmer's market I guess!!

Going to a 50th Wedding Anniv party this evening. At first, when we got the invitation, I thought...."oh yeah, I'm gonna cheat". Here I am, day of, no desire for alcohol or any carb rich foods. I REALLY want to get to goal, and when I lose a week to cheating that's a real bummer!! I hope to be in phase 3 next month ...looking forward to a yummy breakfast in phase 3....but until then....I NEED TO STAY OP!!!!!!

Best wishes to all for a fabulous OP weekend!!

Last edited by disgal; 07-22-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
Happy Friday everyone!! This was a rough week for me since I broke down on Sunday and had some ice cream. I was discouraged and mad at myself for giving in. I started fresh on Monday and have been OP all week. I had WI #3 this morning and was down 2.5 pounds for the week and 4 inches in the past three weeks. I bought a box of restricted bars today to eat when I have that sweet craving. I haven't been this weight since I got pregnant with my son - and he is 12!!!!! I am a slow loser so I'm estatic with 2.5 pounds. This has been an emmotional week with the cheat, and I was tempted to quit IP. I'm so glad that I had this forum because the success stories are what keeps me going. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
Hang in there, look how far you have come! You are soooooo close to your goal, that is probably why you are tempted to stop. Because you look and feel great! Don't be like me, phase 3 and 4 are the most important to maintain for life!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #38  

[QUOTE=disgal;3949971][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Happy Friday everyone!!!

Going to a 50th Wedding Anniv party this evening. At first, when we got the invitation, I thought...."oh yeah, I'm gonna cheat". Here I am, day of, no desire for alcohol or any carb rich foods. I REALLY want to get to goal, and when I lose a week to cheating that's a real bummer!! I hope to be in phase 3 next month ...looking forward to a yummy breakfast in phase 3....but until then....I NEED TO STAY OP!!!!!!:

I hope I get to this point. I am planning a small cheat for my anniversary in 2 weeks. Maybe I will feel like you by then and stay OP. Right now I'm thinking about that bread and glass of vino every day!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #39  

Okay, how do you put the other person's quote into your post? I've done it wrong a couple times now. Obviously I'm not an internet whiz!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #40  

Just hit the quote button at the bottom of their post.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #41  

S/C/G: H:213; WB: 188.5/180/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
Well the important thing is you got back being OP! Congrats on the WL!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
No I have Not! and that is why I am still Happy to be losing, just fearful it will slow down even more and well, to be perfectly honest, it is costly $$ and I don't know how long I can keep up an extra ~$380/month, since hubby's car has 350,000 miles on it. lol. He loves that car, but I know it is gonna die soon.
Hi, I am a slow loser too. I have PCOS, so not sure if that has something to do with it, but I have NEVER lost like this and I don't plan on stopping. It is expensive, but I need this. I expressed concern for slow weightloss and my coach and clinic owner looked at me like I had 3 heads. They said an average of 2.7lbs a week is excellent and that the 4-5lbs a week is more for men, who tend to lose faster!? Either way, as long as we stay OP 100% it will all average out. Stay positive and it will happen!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by champaignsupernova View Post
*sigh*

Week five weigh in was this morning. I did not lose a pound. I did, however, go down an inch (half inch in my waist and half in my hips). I have been um..backed up so I bought the NoviLax. I am really discouraged right now because I did really well last week (despite the stomach virus and the crackers which had the same carbs as a restricted). I also swam like a beast for two days. My coach said that its probably because I am having bathroom issues and also exerted myself too much. I have a hard time believing thats the only issue...I guess I am just worried I won't get down to the mid-160s by August 18th (the day I leave for my vacation). I could use some encouragement... not trying to be whiny just bummed!

Hope everyone has a great week/end. I am hoping to take some time to relax with the hubby and see if it cools down....ugh, Illinois is beastly hot!
Seriously...YAY RAW GO GIRL. You're doing an awesome job and next week could be 5 pounds. Stay true. Better and Better, more amazing things to come......and yes it can be just as simple as that is the only issue.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #44  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheekers View Post
I have lost about 25 lbs so far on this diet but I still don't feel good on it. I have diarrhea almost every day. And I have been sick (congestion/coughing) since week 2. Now maybe this is all coincidence but I just feel like since starting I haven't felt like myself??? I recently had bloodwork at the drs and she was concerned about my liver function. She said it looked like I had fatty liver disease and wanted to recheck it in a couple months. Can this diet alter your immunity? I feel like I get sick then get over it and within a couple days, I'm sick again.
I am so sorry you are not well. I have not heard anything about this diet altering the immunity. I know we are not allowed any fruits but we are getting our vitamins which should make up for that. Please keep us informed with the doctor's findings.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #45  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
My work slacks are getting baggy and sloppy looking. I dug into the back of the closet and pulled out 2 suits that I bought in may of 2006 that were just a little small then. I bought them and said that I'd take the tags off when they fit. Well Last night I took the tags off. They fit perfectly. New work clothes!
WOW! That's such a big victory. Congratulations!!
Closed Thread