3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat, Wednesday, 7/20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238596-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-7-20-a.html)

jennydoodle 07-20-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolaf (Post 3947601)
help, please.....I am just finishing day 3 on IP. My first two days were kind of "easy"> Today I am struggling. I am tired and really, really hungry. I ate all 5 IP today and I am still hungry.

Did anyone else have an easy first few days and then hit wall on the third day? I have a workshop that I have to fun tomorrow at work and need my energy. I can't feel like this in front of 40 people.

Any ideas or thoughts?

For me, the whole first week was rough and I felt like you are feeling.

Will you be able to have a cooler / lunch bag with you in your workshop? If so, in addition to your packets and salad and veggies, throw in some dill pickles, some cut up cucumber and a couple of hard boiled egg whites. The pickles and cukes are free, so you can pack as many as you like. There is some discrepancy from coach to coach on the "free-ness" of egg whites, so in order to stay somewhere in between, I would suggest 2. This should help get you through the day a little better.

And if you can tolerate just eating plain lettuce, you can pack extra of that too. For me, I need dressing, so I can't just munch on lettuce, but some people can.

So your bag should consist of:

Lunch packet
2 snack packets
Veggies (for lunch)
Salad (for lunch)
Dressing (with your 1 teaspoon olive oil)
2 hard boiled egg whites
Dill pickles- as many as you want
Sliced up cucumbers- as many as you want

This should help get you through the day! :hug:

MJKinMN 07-20-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 3947618)
Yup, I am starting week 8 and some days I have to remind myself to eat and some days I have my hand in the pickle jar all day (they are free!). I don't know what this means, but I am steadily losing weight, so I don't question it.

I don't think the bathroom runs ever end. I have been drinking upwards of 100 oz of water daily for years and I still go to the bathroom just about every hour and I usually get up at least 1x per night to pee. Probably not what you wanted to hear :dizzy:

Jenny not at all what I wanted to hear! lol...:) I am about ready to catheterize myself or invest in some depends...this is ridiculous...lol:)

jennydoodle 07-20-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Jessica (Post 3947691)
I have a question. I was in a rush leaving for work this evening and didn't have time to cook anything. I haven't had my "real" protein yet for the day, but I DO have an extra RTD with me. I am wondering if I should drink the RTD and just skip my meat for this one day, or if that is going to be a problem. I could theoretically go out and find a restaurant that would make me a chicken breast and salad, it wouldn't be terribly difficult, but I am not that hungry and if no one thinks it will be an issue skipping it just today, I would be just as happy just drinking my dinner and eating my veggies when I get home.
Let me know what you think please! Thank you!

If it were me, I would drink the RTD and have your veggies. From what I take away from the book, the reason we get the "meal on our own" is more for sanity purposes and the ability to socialize and eat out with friends and family. I don't really think it is a matter of having to have an actual piece of chicken or beef. I would think the most important thing would be to make sure you get your 4 cups of veggies in.

MJKinMN 07-20-2011 09:57 PM

Regular peanut butter is obviously off limits while on IP but I know that WF carries their own peanut butter...does anyone know if we can have it? My DH made himself a peanut butter sandwich and I almost went through the roof...

Thefireresides 07-20-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJKinMN (Post 3947751)
Regular peanut butter is obviously off limits while on IP but I know that WF carries their own peanut butter...does anyone know if we can have it? My DH made himself a peanut butter sandwich and I almost went through the roof...

YES WF carries peanut spread... It isn't great... but it isn't awful... I melt mine for 20 secs in the microwave and add a tsp of strawberry spread

MJKinMN 07-20-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefireresides (Post 3947767)
YES WF carries peanut spread... It isn't great... but it isn't awful... I melt mine for 20 secs in the microwave and add a tsp of strawberry spread

YES!!!! Peanut butter and Jelly..... I love it:carrot: thanks fire !!!

M0vingon 07-20-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Jessica (Post 3947691)
I have a question. I was in a rush leaving for work this evening and didn't have time to cook anything. I haven't had my "real" protein yet for the day, but I DO have an extra RTD with me. I am wondering if I should drink the RTD and just skip my meat for this one day, or if that is going to be a problem. I could theoretically go out and find a restaurant that would make me a chicken breast and salad, it wouldn't be terribly difficult, but I am not that hungry and if no one thinks it will be an issue skipping it just today, I would be just as happy just drinking my dinner and eating my veggies when I get home.
Let me know what you think please! Thank you!

I'm with JennyDoodle on this one. I'd just drink the RTD and have a salad and veggies. I have done this- no harm done. :)

whirlybird68 07-20-2011 10:27 PM

Knowing how I feel when I don't get anything for hours, I would say no. You need the protein from the real food.

whirlybird68 07-20-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolaf (Post 3947601)
help, please.....I am just finishing day 3 on IP. My first two days were kind of "easy"> Today I am struggling. I am tired and really, really hungry. I ate all 5 IP today and I am still hungry.

Did anyone else have an easy first few days and then hit wall on the third day? I have a workshop that I have to fun tomorrow at work and need my energy. I can't feel like this in front of 40 people.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Stolaf, are you eating somewhere near 8 oz of meat? Are you drinking all of the water? Are you spreading the ip packs and food up so you will have something every few hours?

Princess Jessica 07-20-2011 10:43 PM

Thanks guys! :hug:
I just had the RTD and I will be fine till I get home to my vegetables. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that the "real" meal was mostly just for sanity and social purposes. That is good to remember for the future if I run out of time again. Less stress not having to come up with a last minute meal. I am going to try not to make a habit of it though... I do enjoy my one real meal a day and it feels like my body appreciates it too. :)

whirlybird68 07-20-2011 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;3947505]LOL...you are welcome!!!

I had my week #11 weigh in today and lost 2.2lbs which makes 52lbs total. So I was pretty excited about that only 1/2 in though.QUOTE]
Before you know it it will be 100 lbs!
Great job friend! It didn't get there in a day, I continually remind myself.

whirlybird68 07-20-2011 10:46 PM

? What is an rtd? What is nsv?

smpnew 07-20-2011 10:48 PM

Miracle Noodle question

Quote:

Originally Posted by niknakjack (Post 3947660)
Just made some miracle noodles w/fresh broccoli and soy sauce, mustard, sugar free ketchup, fresh parsly, ginger and garlic had to say w/the right preparation they are pretty good.

I ordered from miraclenoodle.com they are 0carbs, 0calories, 0fat, 0everything. They are made w/water and fiber. They take on the taste of whatever you season them with.

Are these like the Shiritaki noodles --- smell like fish and have to be rinsed many, many times to be used?

smpnew 07-20-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whirlybird68 (Post 3947823)
? What is an rtd? What is nsv?

RTD is Ready to Drink.

NSV is a non-scale victory

Purrfect 07-20-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Jessica (Post 3947816)
Thanks guys! :hug:
I just had the RTD and I will be fine till I get home to my vegetables. Now that you mention it, I do remember reading that the "real" meal was mostly just for sanity and social purposes. That is good to remember for the future if I run out of time again. Less stress not having to come up with a last minute meal. I am going to try not to make a habit of it though... I do enjoy my one real meal a day and it feels like my body appreciates it too. :)

I agree with Jenny, too...when I'm really pressed for time I just use the packets and try to make sure I get the veggies in. It only happens on occasion but it is an effort to keep up with the food prep...between work, family, and all of the details of life!

I think you could do this plan without any animal protein, the protein packets are so carefully engineered and available to the body. But now that I've learned about the OP Big Mac, heck, I'm going for the "real meal"!!

good luck...btw:D, love that cow outfit!!!!