3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   This is seriously funny (and sad!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238567-seriously-funny-sad.html)

Purrfect 07-19-2011 10:30 PM

This is seriously funny (and sad!)

Okay, so i've been experimenting like crazy trying to get lots of WF products to work for me. I have had little luck and tonight was the clincher!

My bottle fed baby cat, now 4, eats EVERYTHING, she even drinks coffee and beer...we have to put her away whenever we prep even SALAD!! Well tonight I made a pudding cake and used a separate dish with WF chocolate dip, carmel sauce and peanut spread, with cinnamon and a little splenda. I like the carmel sauce somewhat, but the others were really yucky...so I put the bowl down and she came RUNNING, bolted over :pand sniffed and then looked up at me as if to say "I thought there was some food in here, where's the grub?". OMG, my chow hound wouldn't touch the WF stuff, and believe me she eats everything.
She's really a dog in a cats body.

So...maybe this says something about these things?

Bellamack 07-19-2011 10:47 PM

I am ( unfortunately) with your cat on this one. I bought the Bacon dressing the other day at Wegmans and came home all excited for a change of pace salad. I threw out the salad and the dressing, just terrible. I can tolerate the caramel and the Blue cheese dip in very small amounts. I was really hoping for something better. Well, I have been using Good Seasons made with EVOO and legal vinegar and it is good.

Purrfect 07-19-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3945764)
I am ( unfortunately) with your cat on this one. I bought the Bacon dressing the other day at Wegmans and came home all excited for a change of pace salad. I threw out the salad and the dressing, just terrible. I can tolerate the caramel and the Blue cheese dip in very small amounts. I was really hoping for something better. Well, I have been using Good Seasons made with EVOO and legal vinegar and it is good.

Yes and believe it or not, my coach said if you want to add a small amount of crumbled blue cheese to the EVOO & legal vinegar, you can really count it as part of your protein...just use less than 1/4 cup. It's not that many calories or fat but adds a HUGE amount of flavor and variety if you are really bored I have not done it yet but I might, even if it slows me down slightly it's better than a binge. That has killed the progress to be sure in the past.

Princess Jessica 07-20-2011 03:17 AM

Haha this is so ironic, because my cats actually LOVE the WF stuff. They smell it whenever I use it and start begging like little pests.
I guess cats are kinda like everyone here: they either love WF or hate them. :)

Pauley 07-20-2011 09:58 AM

I just ordered 3 bottles of WF stuff online because the stores here don't carry the mayo or a very good selection of salad dressings. Has anyone tried the ginger sesame dressing? I'm hoping to make a chicken cabbage salad with it. And no, my dog won't eat WF, nor will my husband or toddler!

redhead14 07-20-2011 10:44 AM

The only dressing I like is the Thousand Island. The honey BBQ is really good when it is warmed up on on grilled chicken. The marshmellow fluff to me is like licking a metal pole. Caramel in a chia tea is good also. My dog will take the lettuce suck the dressing off and spit out the lettuce...crazy.

ItsAboutTime 07-20-2011 10:59 AM

I think it's hit or miss. I have days where I love one and the next time I eat it I'm wishing it were hidden valley ranch. I do like the thousand island, especially for big macs and the italian is pretty good. I also like the creamy bacon with a chicken breast on lettuce but that's about it. The caramel I love in my coffee and the mayo is absolutely the worst thing I've ever had. I'm almost scared to try the others. Everyone raved about the honey dijon and I thought that was horrible. Has anyone put a packet of hidden valley in the WF ranch dressing? I tried it in mayo and it was a no go but maybe I'd like that better?

jennydoodle 07-20-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3945764)

This is the dressing I use as well. I absolutely hate fake dressing. Gotta have the real thing. However, I do use WF 1000 Island in Big Mac in a bowl.

I have the WF caramel sauce and chocolate sauce and they are good in drinks. I have used the caramel in coffee and I have used the chocolate when I make the chocolate pudding into a drink.

If you like mocha mint frappachino's from Starbucks, try this:

10 oz. water
8 oz. coffee (if you want. I am trying to cut back on coffee, so I have been making it without)
1 package Dk. Choc. Pudding
Ice
Mint extract
WF choc. sauce

Blend water (and coffee) with pudding pack. Add ice until consistancy of Frap. Add a couple drops of mint extract and 1(T) WF chocolate sauce and keep blending until smooth.

ItsAboutTime 07-20-2011 11:21 AM

What is good seasons?

jennydoodle 07-20-2011 11:33 AM

It's the make it yourself dressing. You buy the carafe and the seasoning packet and then you mix water, vinegar & olive oil in with the seasoning packet. It can be found in the salad dressing aisle. The first time you buy it, get the one with the carafe and then after you can just buy the envelopes of seasoning.

wheekers 07-20-2011 11:39 AM

I love the bacon dressing

ItsAboutTime 07-20-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 3946619)
It's the make it yourself dressing. You buy the carafe and the seasoning packet and then you mix water, vinegar & olive oil in with the seasoning packet. It can be found in the salad dressing aisle. The first time you buy it, get the one with the carafe and then after you can just buy the envelopes of seasoning.

I'll keep my eye out for it next time I'm shopping. What's good?

Lnoelparis 07-20-2011 12:19 PM

I have to agree with the cat too! I bought these WF products:

Peanut butter: Do not like this! But I also haven't tried to doctor it either. I need to try it in a recipe. So I wont give up just yet.
Thousand Island: Its good in the big mac in a bowl.
Caramel dip: I like this in drinks, shakes, coffee.
Caramel syrup:I use this in drinks too.
Chocolate dip: Used it in drinks, tried to make fudgesicles but they were not that great.
Marshmallow fluff: Oh the horror! used in fudgesicles...so wrong on so many levels! :(
Chocolate syrup: Use it in drinks.
Sesame dressing: Bought it but haven't used it yet.
BBQ Sauce: One of my favorites, besides the caramel syrup.

The problem I have with the WF stuff is that chemical taste. I just find it hard to overcome. I bought all these products and even though I dislike them I will use them because I dont want to waste them. But I will most likely never buy them again. Except for caramel syrup and the BBQ sauce.

For salads, I stick to lemon juice or Good seasons mixed with EVOO and vinegar. Although most of my salads are made with spinach and honestly, I like it plain now! :)

jennydoodle 07-20-2011 09:19 PM

We too have a dog trapped in a cat's body. Our big boy begs for any food he can get, he runs to the door to greet whoever is coming to visit and he plays fetch. Also sorry to say that he is not the brightest bulb on the circuit, but he is just too cute and I can't help but love him :)

I mentioned this is the daily chat, but thought I would throw it out to you here as well since this thread is basically about WF (and not our adorable kitties!). For this past week, I cut down on my WF consumption and I had a better loss than I have the last couple of weeks using more WF. I don't know if maybe it has something to do with the complete and utter "fakeness" of it or what, but I wanted to share that. I was pretty much using WF caramel or chocolate in coffee and drinks everyday. I dropped it down to (1) T max. per day, and I did this maybe 4x over the course of 7 days- so not even once per day. I am planning on doing this again this week to see if it is a trend or a fluke.

Purrfect 07-20-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 3947682)
We too have a dog trapped in a cat's body. Our big boy begs for any food he can get, he runs to the door to greet whoever is coming to visit and he plays fetch. Also sorry to say that he is not the brightest bulb on the circuit, but he is just too cute and I can't help but love him :)

I mentioned this is the daily chat, but thought I would throw it out to you here as well since this thread is basically about WF (and not our adorable kitties!). For this past week, I cut down on my WF consumption and I had a better loss than I have the last couple of weeks using more WF. I don't know if maybe it has something to do with the complete and utter "fakeness" of it or what, but I wanted to share that. I was pretty much using WF caramel or chocolate in coffee and drinks everyday. I dropped it down to (1) T max. per day, and I did this maybe 4x over the course of 7 days- so not even once per day. I am planning on doing this again this week to see if it is a trend or a fluke.

This was a fun line to hear folks respond on, I especially liked the one who noted the "horror" of WF marshmallow!!
I am kinda disappointed to read your take on the WF syrups as I JUST discovered the fun of using the carmel syrup in coffee...I thought it was so indulgent. I mixed the carmel with the rtd vanilla shake, and it was good for one hot morning coffee and a wonderful iced coffee in the afternoon.

Well, I'm just getting back on track after a slip up last week, so I'll see how I make out at my weigh in. Your losses are so steady and good, way to go!

I am trying this Big Mac in a Bowl on Friday (I really, really like the WF thousand Island) and I'm making the eggplant chips, too.

I am finding that the only way this will work for me is if I find enjoyable variety instead of just eating grilled chicken on salad every night.

Also, I wondered if the pudding cake is a non restricted, even adding the other ingredients? THAT would be great, b/c the premix cake I have been using is a restricted.

Have a great OP weekend!!!

:smug: