Old 08-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #31  
AnitaNewBody

S/C/G: S172/C155/G150

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
I only wish i had started this years ago! LOL!
Not just for the weight loss, but it has done wonders with pain management too. This time last year, I was popping painkillers like tic-tacs to overcome the burning pain in my left hip and knee. After about a month on the program, I stopped taking painkillers all together. (Funny thing is, when I've been sitting down for a while and I go to get up, I still kind of grimace at the anticipation of the pain of getting up...but it never comes...I wish I had ended the pain sooner by starting the program earlier!!)

I think there is an alternative thread in the stickies, with some very helpful information (some of the posters started on IP and then moved over to alternatives). There are many on here that have had fantastic results on alternatives, keep your eye on the prize and you will do great!
I had read the forum a month before finding a coach and a friend to start my journey with. Only to be one of the few that was not allowed to go on IP. Discouraging as it was at the beginning, made me work out my eating problems and work with alternative products.
MADE ME LOVE VEGGIES AGAIN
I also had bad back pain like BREMMIE and tada it's almost gone. after 17.5 lbs maybe I was hurting myself more than my back was hurting me by having that dessert after dinner. MY moto WAS Life is uncertain Eat dessert first.

Last edited by Anitanewdiet; 08-08-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Anitanewdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #32  
AnitaNewBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVermonter View Post
I wish I had know about week 4 & 5 can be stalled weeks for some people. And that not everyone will get a huge first week weight loss.
YES I did not have a huge 1st week like I was hoping, but being on alternative products I hadn't heard about any of the losses except IP losses.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitanewdiet View Post
I had read the forum a month before finding a coach and a friend to start my journey with. Only to be one of the few that was not allowed to go on IP. Discouraging as it was at the beginning, made me work out my eating problems and work with alternative products.
MADE ME LOVE VEGGIES AGAIN
I also had bad back pain like BREMMIE and tada it's almost gone. after 17.5 lbs maybe I was hurting myself more than my back was hurting me by having that dessert after dinner. MY moto WAS Life is uncertain Eat dessert first.

Good for you working it out on your own.But why are some people not "allowed" to go on IP?
Do you have to order your alteranive products by mail?
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #34  
AnitaNewBody

I use the Atkins Protein drinks. Or Dr Bersteins vanilla RTD Shakes @ 90 cals both @ 15 gr of protein I do my veggies at lunch and veggies and protein at dinner, but I do have a friend that gets me IP butterscotch pudding and oatmeal. which I use for cookies. I use sunny mills pancake and muffin mixs for the weekend breakfasts. But remember I cant go into ketosis but get farely close with the carb counts I'm sure.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

For nashua nutrition - when they say total carbs - does that include fiber? It would help to figure out restricted (>8g) or not.
Perpetualdiet is offline   Reply With Quote