Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Hello All,

I have been on the program for almost 4 months and have done really well on it. I am truly grateful for that.
When I first started, I had a dream that I would be able to go clothes shopping with my mom and for the first time in my life, I would be happy to try on clothes. Since childhood (I was always a bigger than average girl) clothes shopping was a constant struggle for me...nothing ever made me happy, I never felt pretty in anything and more often then not, my mom would be more upset for me than I was. She was a single mom to four kids, life was difficult financially, but everytime we went into a clothes store my mom would say 'I will buy you anything you want, I just want you to be happy'...in hindsight, I think she wanted me to have the same ecstatic reaction that my skinny older sisters had when buying clothes. Needless to say, even with the offer of anything I want, we left empty handed every single time. (I was born and raised in England, and I actually thank God for school uniforms!! It was my saving grace for many many years)
When I started to lose weight on IP, my mom asked if she could come clothes shopping with me, when I was ready. I know that all she wanted to see was her baby happy in an environment that would usually have me sprinting (and panting and sprinting) in the opposite direction.
Well, I went to Winners this weekend and I took me ol' ma with me. She helped me pick out dresses, pants, blouses and sleepwear. As we walked to the fitting rooms, I asked if she would come in with me. She was shocked, who wouldn't be...this lovely lady has not seen me in my underwear since I was a small child when she was still dressing me. She helped me in and out of the clothes...I didn't need it...but it was an incredible bonding moment. I loved every second of it, I loved every item I tried on. She was beaming!
When I was ready to get back into my regular clothes, she said she would wait outside the fitting room for me and took the stuff that I tried on with her. After getting dressed, I literally skipped out of the fitting room area....but didn't see mom. I looked around the entire store and I finally found her at the checkout paying for ALL my stuff. She is on a government pension, I knew this was a big purchase for her...I wanted to give her the money to cover it, I could afford it. She wouldn't take it. As we walked through the parking lot back to my car, she held my hand looked at me and told me that she knew that I had worked really hard to lose this weight, she was proud that I had done it for myself and I deserved to reward myself, but she felt like she had won something too and being able to do this for me was a reward for herself. She had waited almost my whole life to do it, afterall.
I don't need to tell you that I am utterly crazy in love with my mom, she's been our quiet supporter all our lives, worked 4 jobs to support her four kids, never asked for anything in return, but always pushed us to achieve our dreams whatever they may be. She's taught me a lot. But this weekend she taught me the about the power that I have inside me to make the people that love me truly happy - it's as simple as living MY dream, loving MYSELF and treating ME with the respect and compassion that I deserve. Isn't that all any of us want for the people that we love?
I see now that the years of misery and self doubt didn't just take a toll on me, but the people I love to.
So, I ask you all to remember that as you continue on the journey, as you either breeze through the protocol, or struggle along slowly...keep on keeping on. Do it for yourself, and watch the amazing transformation of those that love you so much that all they want is for you to be happy. So be happy no matter what your weekly WI or Scale Addiction results may be - be happy that you're on the path to being a better you and without even trying will become a happy wife, happy mother, happy daughter, happy friend etc.

Thank you to all of you for the support you have inadvertantly given me while supporting each other. I think we learned this morning on a different thread that sometimes no matter what support you give to someone, they will take it negatively if it isn't what they have wanted to hear. For the record, I'm a true appreciater of tough love...because it is just that...love.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you.
Your story is truly inspiring and I loved it...hugs to you and your Mum.....you were right on...My husband has even told me I'm so much fun to be around..and I just so much happier now...Bravo to you...

Old 07-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #92  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

So exciting to go camping for the rest of the week till Monday. Plus its great having the family knowing what I can and cant eat so they kind of make they're menu a little different so I'm not missing out too much!!! But I hope all have a great rest of the week and weekend!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #93  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on growing your family.... I was just getting to goal when you got pregnant... we sold our house in May.... its tuff but for everyhouse there is a buyer at the right price... you will get what you need for it to build your dream house.... just put it out there....
Old 07-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Brought tears to my eyes.. You and your mom are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Your story is truly inspiring and I loved it...hugs to you and your Mum.....you were right on...My husband has even told me I'm so much fun to be around..and I just so much happier now...Bravo to you...
Thank you both...I find you both inspiring and incredibly uplifting people, I feel completely proud that you think of me even slightly the same way!

My husband sees the change in me too (although, he has commented that I'm much more self concious of my wobbly bits then I was 40lbs ago...bless him!).

I think it was Brian Tracey who said "Your life only gets better when YOU get better" I think, in a way, the lives of the people you love get better when YOU get better too.

I will let my mom know that I shared our story today...she will be pleased as punch to know you appreciated me sharing it!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #95  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Thank you to all of you!! I don't post as much as I should (and I promise to be a better online buddy to you all from now on!) but I wanted to share this with all of you.
WOW! Thanks for sharing. That made my day.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello to all, I am new (1st WI is Friday), doing okay, only had a few French's Onions and about 10 salted peanuts today, hope that doesn't kill me. It looks like a mix match on this Thread Some of you seem so excited, I am doing it, no problem, but NOT excited, maybe I have to wait to see what I lost or clothes get lose? I hope.........
Old 07-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Hello to all, I am new (1st WI is Friday), doing okay, only had a few French's Onions and about 10 salted peanuts today, hope that doesn't kill me. It looks like a mix match on this Thread Some of you seem so excited, I am doing it, no problem, but NOT excited, maybe I have to wait to see what I lost or clothes get lose? I hope.........
At first I was not excited. As the weight evaporated I started getting very excited. Never in my life had I lost 20 pounds and this week I am just about to 25. Crazy!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Reading all the posts from people that have had success are so encouraging. When I started 8 weeks ago I was doubtful. I had never had success losing weight. Now I am a believer.

I am responsible for me. If I cheat I have no one to blame but myself. I affect no one but me. I am doing this for me and for no one else.

The results are enough to keep me going. Why cheat when you have a protocol that enables you to lose 2-3 pounds a week maybe more if you just follow it. I was lucky to l ose 2-3 pounds a month on anything else I have ever tried. I fight through my cravings. I turn down invites to places I know I can't eat and say i'll join you after dinner for bowling or movies. The hardest thing to do is to no put yourself in situations where you can be tempted. The offers come everyday.

NSV-I got to the office this morning and there are 2 areas with treats. 1 has bagels, 1 has cookies. 8 weeks ago I would have gotten a bagel and a cookie maybe even 2 cookies. Today I am not getting either. I rock!
What a mindset change- good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I think I asked this before but I can't find it, what do you make tuna with if you don't eat it plain? I can't use the WF mayo....yuck! Is there any mayo that's ok?
WF Thousand Island is awesome with Tuna & pickles or celery
Quote:
Hello All,
So be happy no matter what your weekly WI or Scale Addiction results may be - be happy that you're on the path to being a better you and without even trying will become a happy wife, happy mother, happy daughter, happy friend etc.

Thank you to all of you for the support you have inadvertantly given me while supporting each other. I think we learned this morning on a different thread that sometimes no matter what support you give to someone, they will take it negatively if it isn't what they have wanted to hear. For the record, I'm a true appreciater of tough love...because it is just that...love.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. For making me laugh AND cry. For reaffirming all the goodness that the changes this program has wrought on my life. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
This has nothing to do with anything but it's on my mind and I'm excited so I'm sharing...

Our realtor thinks someone is interested in putting an offer in on our house!

Would be so happy if that happens. My husband and I had just made the decision to lower our asking price and even talked about selling it for less than what we owe just to have it sold and get on with building our new house so it would be fantastic if we have an offer

Anyway, like I said, nothing to do with IP, just sitting in my office at work excited with no one to share it with.
I so KNOW that feeling! Congrats to you and I hope everything works out well!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Brummie, hearing about you and your mum really made my day!
I started IP roughly a month ago. Did great in week 1 -week 2 not so good. Talked to my coach and took the next 2 weeks off b/c of huge stressors etc. Back OP since early last week. Cannot wait for my weigh-in on Thursday. Doing well I think. Have only told a few people I am doing this so am looking to see when people see a change.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #100  

Height: 5'7'

This is really an inspiring site. I appreciate hearing honest replies from members - both successes and struggles. It's nice to know that there is support from people going through this journey with me....
Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #101  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
TSK TSK TSK!!!.....we talked about this missy!......lol
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Crap. I screwed up and accidentally had 2restricted today! Hope my workout saves me
Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #103  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
Crap. I screwed up and accidentally had 2restricted today! Hope my workout saves me
You should be ok, when I first started my coach didn't instruct me correctly, I was eating 2 restricted a day and it didn't stop me from losing. I did that for probably 5 weeks before my brother who is also on the program questioned me about it. When I talked to my coach on my next WI she said he was correct I was suppose to have only one restricted so I switched and the following week I had a .6 gain. I was a bit unset but since I have started going back down.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Phew! I gotta be careful!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

I weigh in on Friday and I think I'm going to get a box of something restricted. I need something "sweet" for when the others are having ice cream!! I hope everyone had an OP day!!
Closed Thread