Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #76  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Hi Everyone,

I thought i would pop into this thread and introduce myself. Im Sammi or Samantha as some call me (usually just my mother)...I prefer Sammi.. Im on day 2 of IP and loving it! I have to weigh myself at home cause i dont have an IP clinic near by..and i lost 2 pounds! Cant wait to get my ticker!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and say that im so looking forward to chatting with you all more as the weeks go by. Oh and if your ever looking for great coffee..well.its my job.. i make great coffee..Im going to have to start experimenting a bit more with some drinks i think..make some IP friendly drinks using the packets perhaps? Im really excited.. i love Devinci syrups made with splenda and i just ordered a whole wack of syrups..i just made the most amazing chai the other day using a raspberry syrup and a chocolate syrup in my chai tea..unlike some .. i dont drink it with milk though cause i cant have milk But if you get a chance to try it..you should ..its totally yum!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Brummie - loved the story. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so happy for you.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
Thanks for sharing that. Brought a tear to my eye. What a fantastic experience for both of you. Relish your success and that very special experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
What a beautiful story about your mom. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Oh Brummie, I had tears in my eyes reading your post!!! Thanks so much and I too believe in tough love! Your mom and you are both inspirational!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Brummie, that brought tears to my eyes! You and your mother are inspirations to us all! Congratulations and thank you so very much for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Brummie, You made me want to call my mother! Still fighting to hold the tears back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Brummie THANK YOU for sharing! Tears in my eyes, good tears for you and your mom. Congrats on your successes!
Thank you to all of you!! I don't post as much as I should (and I promise to be a better online buddy to you all from now on!) but I wanted to share this with all of you.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
Brummie - loved the story. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so happy for you.
Thank you! I love reading about everyone's NSV's and other successes, positivity is contagious! Keep it coming!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

brummie - Thanks so much for posting this. I think we need an inspirational sticky thread and have this in it!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
I'll look like a Newbie to most of you, but I'm actually an Oldie..joined the site in 2010 at 220-3/4 lbs...reached my goal at Christmas...here I am 6 months later still right around goal weight...you know about 5 lbs. comes back....lol unbelievalbe what happens with this diet.....you don't gain your weight back!!! What a shock...life is truly beautiful...I'm a different person in every way. Marilyn
HI Marilyn, thanks for posting this! It's nice to hear from a maintainer, Congrats toyou.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
Hi all! I have been following and reading from this site for a week now and finally decided to join. I think support is a very important part of attaining weight loss and this site and those on it are incredible!

I have been on a home "modified" version of IP (using EAS shakes and supplements -potassium, magnesium, calcium, omega 3, B complex, multi-vit, and probiotics/digestive enzymes) d/t cost and availability in my area and have had a fantastic 1st week with 5.2#'s lost! I have already noticed that during the day I have no appetite and have to remind myself to eat but at night the cravings hit...thank god for the rhubarb and WF strawberry sauce idea or I would have been a gonner already....( will spend most of today scouting my area grocery stores for more rhubarb).

Just wondering how often supplements are taken? I want to get enough potassium in but am not sure about time frame spacing....am also wondering if sugar free jello's and puddings from the local grocery store can be substituted for IP puddings or if they are considered "restricted"? I read last night that the protein bars are considered off limits for the first 3 weeks on the program (as I was about to grab one out of the cupboard) and dont want to consume anything that will hinder my progress....thanks all and have a great week!
The answer is No for the puddings and jello from a local store...IP ones are made specifically for this diet w/up yo 18 grams of protein in each serving. The idea is to eat a protein every 3-4 hours, so a regular pudding or jello would not do. Sorry!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I have been having (1) restricted every day since the beginning and I have lost every week.
I too have had a restricted every day since the first day I did the diet and still lost weight.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Default "Caramel Macchiato"

Originally Posted by jennydoodle
If you like caramel, do a thread search for "Starbucks Caramel Macchiato" It is truly incredible! I was drinking one everyday but decided to limit my WF consumption this week to see if it helped with a bigger loss. ANYWAY... basically you brew your coffee and mix it with a "vanilla" packet (for your cream) and WF Caramel sauce. It is truly awesome!!!

OMG!!!!! Jennydoodle thank you soooo much for the suggestion. My fat girl is doing the happy dance right now I also picked up some of the WF chocolate sauce and thought that I could use that with coffee and chocolate shake and see how that turns out. Between the coffee beverages, the IP jello recipe, and the strawberry rhubarb sauce I now have weapons in hand to fight off those nightly cravings and keep OP without cheating or falling off the wagon.

I am ready for week 2...nightly cravings: BRING IT ON!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #85  

This has nothing to do with anything but it's on my mind and I'm excited so I'm sharing...

Our realtor thinks someone is interested in putting an offer in on our house!

Would be so happy if that happens. My husband and I had just made the decision to lower our asking price and even talked about selling it for less than what we owe just to have it sold and get on with building our new house so it would be fantastic if we have an offer

Anyway, like I said, nothing to do with IP, just sitting in my office at work excited with no one to share it with.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
WEigh in #4 I lost 5.5 pounds!
WOOHOO - Well done!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #87  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
This has nothing to do with anything but it's on my mind and I'm excited so I'm sharing...

Our realtor thinks someone is interested in putting an offer in on our house!

Would be so happy if that happens. My husband and I had just made the decision to lower our asking price and even talked about selling it for less than what we owe just to have it sold and get on with building our new house so it would be fantastic if we have an offer

Anyway, like I said, nothing to do with IP, just sitting in my office at work excited with no one to share it with.
Send positive vibes your way! Selling a house in this market is a major undertaking so you be excitied about it. Building a house??? Dream house? I love that stuff!! OK, now you have me all excited!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #88  

Just got home from the local little drug store and I am so happy. I found everything I was looking for! Even multi-vit without iron. (Don't know why I couldn't find one at Target but found one here.) I feel like an old lady taking all these pills.

Congrats on getting the house sold maybe. That's a stressful situation!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #89  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday. I woke up today convinced it was Wednesday... but oh well!

I'm hanging in there. IP has made me too attuned to my body (not sure I like it). I can feel the onset of PMS- started last night. My PMS has been brutal since starting IP. I feel bloated as a puffer fish.
I am completely fixated on my stomach/abs- which seems to be the only part of me not shrinking- and therefore looks gigantically huge. I'm in a bad headspace.
Last night I pulled up my progress pictures just to convince myself that - no I am not as big as I was before, and Yes, I have lost 40 lbs and it shows, and No, eating something off plan isn't going to make you feel better. Ugh.

Sorry for the whine. I know you all can relate.
I hope everyone has a great day! Maybe it will be contagious
I have those days alot but then I have a day like today and it is wonderful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnoelparis View Post
Hi there! Is there room for me?
I posted in the 7 day challenge, but my mindset is for the long run. So I would really like to be a part of this group!

In March I started IP and I was faithful, I lost 17 lbs and it made me really happy. I have been on vacation since May and I have gained it all back. I am not happy about it. For some reason being at home just does not work for me when trying to stay OP.

Today is my first day back to work and I am totally committed! I am excited! I have my whole days meals planned out! I am prepared! I need structure!

My ticker doesnt reflect my weight today, but I am leaving it there for extra motivation - I want to see that number again!
So I am a daily weigher (its a habit), but for IP official weigh ins are always on Tuesday for me.
Monday 7/18/11 -200.0 lbs
Today 7/19/11 -196.4 lbs

I am sure it is all water, because I am visiting the potty every 10 minutes, but I dont care....get me to keytosis STAT!

I cant wait to see what tomorrow holds! Thanks for letting me join in!
Oh and I am doing alternative IP...as cost is an issue for me!

Hugs,
Leah
Welcome Leah, you are doing great keep up the good work and there is always room for everyone here.

Quote:
WEigh in #4 I lost 5.5 pounds!
Great Job keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
My second weigh in yesterday, down 4 pounds! 12 pounds in two weeks, now thats what I call motivation!!!!
Darb way to go, keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Hello All,

I have been on the program for almost 4 months and have done really well on it. I am truly grateful for that.
When I first started, I had a dream that I would be able to go clothes shopping with my mom and for the first time in my life, I would be happy to try on clothes. Since childhood (I was always a bigger than average girl) clothes shopping was a constant struggle for me...nothing ever made me happy, I never felt pretty in anything and more often then not, my mom would be more upset for me than I was. She was a single mom to four kids, life was difficult financially, but everytime we went into a clothes store my mom would say 'I will buy you anything you want, I just want you to be happy'...in hindsight, I think she wanted me to have the same ecstatic reaction that my skinny older sisters had when buying clothes. Needless to say, even with the offer of anything I want, we left empty handed every single time. (I was born and raised in England, and I actually thank God for school uniforms!! It was my saving grace for many many years)
When I started to lose weight on IP, my mom asked if she could come clothes shopping with me, when I was ready. I know that all she wanted to see was her baby happy in an environment that would usually have me sprinting (and panting and sprinting) in the opposite direction.
Well, I went to Winners this weekend and I took me ol' ma with me. She helped me pick out dresses, pants, blouses and sleepwear. As we walked to the fitting rooms, I asked if she would come in with me. She was shocked, who wouldn't be...this lovely lady has not seen me in my underwear since I was a small child when she was still dressing me. She helped me in and out of the clothes...I didn't need it...but it was an incredible bonding moment. I loved every second of it, I loved every item I tried on. She was beaming!
When I was ready to get back into my regular clothes, she said she would wait outside the fitting room for me and took the stuff that I tried on with her. After getting dressed, I literally skipped out of the fitting room area....but didn't see mom. I looked around the entire store and I finally found her at the checkout paying for ALL my stuff. She is on a government pension, I knew this was a big purchase for her...I wanted to give her the money to cover it, I could afford it. She wouldn't take it. As we walked through the parking lot back to my car, she held my hand looked at me and told me that she knew that I had worked really hard to lose this weight, she was proud that I had done it for myself and I deserved to reward myself, but she felt like she had won something too and being able to do this for me was a reward for herself. She had waited almost my whole life to do it, afterall.
I don't need to tell you that I am utterly crazy in love with my mom, she's been our quiet supporter all our lives, worked 4 jobs to support her four kids, never asked for anything in return, but always pushed us to achieve our dreams whatever they may be. She's taught me a lot. But this weekend she taught me the about the power that I have inside me to make the people that love me truly happy - it's as simple as living MY dream, loving MYSELF and treating ME with the respect and compassion that I deserve. Isn't that all any of us want for the people that we love?
I see now that the years of misery and self doubt didn't just take a toll on me, but the people I love to.
So, I ask you all to remember that as you continue on the journey, as you either breeze through the protocol, or struggle along slowly...keep on keeping on. Do it for yourself, and watch the amazing transformation of those that love you so much that all they want is for you to be happy. So be happy no matter what your weekly WI or Scale Addiction results may be - be happy that you're on the path to being a better you and without even trying will become a happy wife, happy mother, happy daughter, happy friend etc.

Thank you to all of you for the support you have inadvertantly given me while supporting each other. I think we learned this morning on a different thread that sometimes no matter what support you give to someone, they will take it negatively if it isn't what they have wanted to hear. For the record, I'm a true appreciater of tough love...because it is just that...love.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you.
Brought tears to my eyes.. You and your mom are great.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Send positive vibes your way! Selling a house in this market is a major undertaking so you be excitied about it. Building a house??? Dream house? I love that stuff!! OK, now you have me all excited!
When my husband and I bought our little house we thought we couldn't have kids and the prospect of adopting was far off in our future. Within two years we had adopted our first baby and gotten pregnant and had a second baby (Ideal Protein helps with fertility so watch out if you don't want babies!) so needless to say our little house wasn't equipped to handle our growing family.

So yes we are building our dream house for our dream family
Closed Thread