Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
If you like caramel, do a thread search for "Starbucks Caramel Macchiato" It is truly incredible! I was drinking one everyday but decided to limit my WF consumption this week to see if it helped with a bigger loss. ANYWAY... basically you brew your coffee and mix it with a "vanilla" packet (for your cream) and WF Caramel sauce. It is truly awesome!!!
Yeah, I am the one who posted that recipe and I have it every single morning too. Maybe I should stop? Let me know how it works for you. I don't ever get all the lettuce in so I'm not using anything else WF, just the caramel. I also use Mio less. I love it but I wondered if it wasn't slowing me down. I use it in about 1 liter a day now out of 4.

I haven't had beef all week because that's all I had last week and I had a horrible loss. I will be home alone tomorrow night (kids at daycare and hubby works) so I am finally having my big mac for the week. lol

I have only lost 1.6 for the week so far. I had a great loss again this weekend but I always do and then I go up beginning of the week. So strange! I have 1.6 more to go by Thursday but I'm not sure how I can try any harder to make it fall off.

My hubby is a welder and we've had heat indexes of 110-115 everyday so he's been miserable. He decided Sun he was doing an experiment to see what he loses this week at work. His first day he lost 1.4 and I tried my damnest and it took me a week to lose that! He eats all night too because he doens't have much of an appetite in the heat.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
If you like caramel, do a thread search for "Starbucks Caramel Macchiato" It is truly incredible! I was drinking one everyday but decided to limit my WF consumption this week to see if it helped with a bigger loss. ANYWAY... basically you brew your coffee and mix it with a "vanilla" packet (for your cream) and WF Caramel sauce. It is truly awesome!!!
Thank you Jennydoodle, Starbucks caramel macchiato is my other coffee drink, other wise I don't drink anything with coffee. I am going to try it tomorrow, as I have a vanilla drink mix left and hubby has some vanilla caramel coffee for his Keurig. I will post how I like it!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

If you like caramel, do a thread search for "Starbucks Caramel Macchiato" It is truly incredible! I was drinking one everyday but decided to limit my WF consumption this week to see if it helped with a bigger loss. ANYWAY... basically you brew your coffee and mix it with a "vanilla" packet (for your cream) and WF Caramel sauce.
Jennydoodle- I cant wait to try this!!!
Bellamack- I will be adding jello to my list also!!!
Thanks ladies for the suggestions
I was at the grocery store the other day looking at WF products and decided on the french dressing (which I have also substituted for ketcup) and was suprised that it wasnt all that bad. Does anyone have any feedback on which WF dressings they like or which ones they dont?
Also, any creative ideas for the WF fudge or marshmallow sauce? Just trying to stay on track in order to see the skinnny girl again while trying to keep the fat girl satisfied...lol!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
If you like caramel, do a thread search for "Starbucks Caramel Macchiato" It is truly incredible! I was drinking one everyday but decided to limit my WF consumption this week to see if it helped with a bigger loss. ANYWAY... basically you brew your coffee and mix it with a "vanilla" packet (for your cream) and WF Caramel sauce.
Jennydoodle- I cant wait to try this!!!
Bellamack- I will be adding jello to my list also!!!
Thanks ladies for the suggestions
I was at the grocery store the other day looking at WF products and decided on the french dressing (which I have also substituted for ketcup) and was suprised that it wasnt all that bad. Does anyone have any feedback on which WF dressings they like or which ones they dont?
Also, any creative ideas for the WF fudge or marshmallow sauce? Just trying to stay on track in order to see the skinnny girl again while trying to keep the fat girl satisfied...lol!
Absoultely hated the WF Bacon dressing. I use the individual Italian when out to eat. The WF blue cheese dip with raw veggies, it is ok. I mostly use the Good Seasons with EVOO and legal vinegar. The WF leave a funky taste. The caramel is ok and I think I will order the marshmellow.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #65  

WEigh in #4 I lost 5.5 pounds!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

My second weigh in yesterday, down 4 pounds! 12 pounds in two weeks, now thats what I call motivation!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hello All,

I have been on the program for almost 4 months and have done really well on it. I am truly grateful for that.
When I first started, I had a dream that I would be able to go clothes shopping with my mom and for the first time in my life, I would be happy to try on clothes. Since childhood (I was always a bigger than average girl) clothes shopping was a constant struggle for me...nothing ever made me happy, I never felt pretty in anything and more often then not, my mom would be more upset for me than I was. She was a single mom to four kids, life was difficult financially, but everytime we went into a clothes store my mom would say 'I will buy you anything you want, I just want you to be happy'...in hindsight, I think she wanted me to have the same ecstatic reaction that my skinny older sisters had when buying clothes. Needless to say, even with the offer of anything I want, we left empty handed every single time. (I was born and raised in England, and I actually thank God for school uniforms!! It was my saving grace for many many years)
When I started to lose weight on IP, my mom asked if she could come clothes shopping with me, when I was ready. I know that all she wanted to see was her baby happy in an environment that would usually have me sprinting (and panting and sprinting) in the opposite direction.
Well, I went to Winners this weekend and I took me ol' ma with me. She helped me pick out dresses, pants, blouses and sleepwear. As we walked to the fitting rooms, I asked if she would come in with me. She was shocked, who wouldn't be...this lovely lady has not seen me in my underwear since I was a small child when she was still dressing me. She helped me in and out of the clothes...I didn't need it...but it was an incredible bonding moment. I loved every second of it, I loved every item I tried on. She was beaming!
When I was ready to get back into my regular clothes, she said she would wait outside the fitting room for me and took the stuff that I tried on with her. After getting dressed, I literally skipped out of the fitting room area....but didn't see mom. I looked around the entire store and I finally found her at the checkout paying for ALL my stuff. She is on a government pension, I knew this was a big purchase for her...I wanted to give her the money to cover it, I could afford it. She wouldn't take it. As we walked through the parking lot back to my car, she held my hand looked at me and told me that she knew that I had worked really hard to lose this weight, she was proud that I had done it for myself and I deserved to reward myself, but she felt like she had won something too and being able to do this for me was a reward for herself. She had waited almost my whole life to do it, afterall.
I don't need to tell you that I am utterly crazy in love with my mom, she's been our quiet supporter all our lives, worked 4 jobs to support her four kids, never asked for anything in return, but always pushed us to achieve our dreams whatever they may be. She's taught me a lot. But this weekend she taught me the about the power that I have inside me to make the people that love me truly happy - it's as simple as living MY dream, loving MYSELF and treating ME with the respect and compassion that I deserve. Isn't that all any of us want for the people that we love?
I see now that the years of misery and self doubt didn't just take a toll on me, but the people I love to.
So, I ask you all to remember that as you continue on the journey, as you either breeze through the protocol, or struggle along slowly...keep on keeping on. Do it for yourself, and watch the amazing transformation of those that love you so much that all they want is for you to be happy. So be happy no matter what your weekly WI or Scale Addiction results may be - be happy that you're on the path to being a better you and without even trying will become a happy wife, happy mother, happy daughter, happy friend etc.

Thank you to all of you for the support you have inadvertantly given me while supporting each other. I think we learned this morning on a different thread that sometimes no matter what support you give to someone, they will take it negatively if it isn't what they have wanted to hear. For the record, I'm a true appreciater of tough love...because it is just that...love.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
How do I update my ticker at the bottom?
UPDATE! I figured it out!

Last edited by sandyh50; 07-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #69  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
My second weigh in yesterday, down 4 pounds! 12 pounds in two weeks, now thats what I call motivation!!!!
GREAT job you two!...keep up the awesome work....congrats! for sure!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Hello All,

I have been on the program for almost 4 months and have done really well on it. I am truly grateful for that.
When I first started, I had a dream that I would be able to go clothes shopping with my mom and for the first time in my life, I would be happy to try on clothes. Since childhood (I was always a bigger than average girl) clothes shopping was a constant struggle for me...nothing ever made me happy, I never felt pretty in anything and more often then not, my mom would be more upset for me than I was. She was a single mom to four kids, life was difficult financially, but everytime we went into a clothes store my mom would say 'I will buy you anything you want, I just want you to be happy'...in hindsight, I think she wanted me to have the same ecstatic reaction that my skinny older sisters had when buying clothes. Needless to say, even with the offer of anything I want, we left empty handed every single time. (I was born and raised in England, and I actually thank God for school uniforms!! It was my saving grace for many many years)
When I started to lose weight on IP, my mom asked if she could come clothes shopping with me, when I was ready. I know that all she wanted to see was her baby happy in an environment that would usually have me sprinting (and panting and sprinting) in the opposite direction.
Well, I went to Winners this weekend and I took me ol' ma with me. She helped me pick out dresses, pants, blouses and sleepwear. As we walked to the fitting rooms, I asked if she would come in with me. She was shocked, who wouldn't be...this lovely lady has not seen me in my underwear since I was a small child when she was still dressing me. She helped me in and out of the clothes...I didn't need it...but it was an incredible bonding moment. I loved every second of it, I loved every item I tried on. She was beaming!
When I was ready to get back into my regular clothes, she said she would wait outside the fitting room for me and took the stuff that I tried on with her. After getting dressed, I literally skipped out of the fitting room area....but didn't see mom. I looked around the entire store and I finally found her at the checkout paying for ALL my stuff. She is on a government pension, I knew this was a big purchase for her...I wanted to give her the money to cover it, I could afford it. She wouldn't take it. As we walked through the parking lot back to my car, she held my hand looked at me and told me that she knew that I had worked really hard to lose this weight, she was proud that I had done it for myself and I deserved to reward myself, but she felt like she had won something too and being able to do this for me was a reward for herself. She had waited almost my whole life to do it, afterall.
I don't need to tell you that I am utterly crazy in love with my mom, she's been our quiet supporter all our lives, worked 4 jobs to support her four kids, never asked for anything in return, but always pushed us to achieve our dreams whatever they may be. She's taught me a lot. But this weekend she taught me the about the power that I have inside me to make the people that love me truly happy - it's as simple as living MY dream, loving MYSELF and treating ME with the respect and compassion that I deserve. Isn't that all any of us want for the people that we love?
I see now that the years of misery and self doubt didn't just take a toll on me, but the people I love to.
So, I ask you all to remember that as you continue on the journey, as you either breeze through the protocol, or struggle along slowly...keep on keeping on. Do it for yourself, and watch the amazing transformation of those that love you so much that all they want is for you to be happy. So be happy no matter what your weekly WI or Scale Addiction results may be - be happy that you're on the path to being a better you and without even trying will become a happy wife, happy mother, happy daughter, happy friend etc.

Thank you to all of you for the support you have inadvertantly given me while supporting each other. I think we learned this morning on a different thread that sometimes no matter what support you give to someone, they will take it negatively if it isn't what they have wanted to hear. For the record, I'm a true appreciater of tough love...because it is just that...love.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you.
Thanks for sharing that. Brought a tear to my eye. What a fantastic experience for both of you. Relish your success and that very special experience.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
What a beautiful story about your mom. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #72  

Oh Brummie, I had tears in my eyes reading your post!!! Thanks so much and I too believe in tough love! Your mom and you are both inspirational!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Brummie, that brought tears to my eyes! You and your mother are inspirations to us all! Congratulations and thank you so very much for sharing!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Brummie, You made me want to call my mother! Still fighting to hold the tears back.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #75  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Brummie THANK YOU for sharing! Tears in my eyes, good tears for you and your mom. Congrats on your successes!
Closed Thread