Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #1  

Default Going to Costco what should I buy?

Hey! I'm starting this in a couple of days and trying to get everything ready. I won't be going to a clinic and will be following the ideal protein plan with alternatives. I plan to buy premiere chocolate shakes, romaine lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, boneless skinless chicken breast, pure protein bars if they have them. What do you buy or what would you recommend? Thanks for helping out a newbie. I've looked at the sticky did buy some protidiet off of amazon to try and then will place an order with Nasha
luckygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Make sure you look at the IP ingredient lists and don't exceed the carb/fat/sugar content.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #3  

I use muscle milk. It comes in regular and light. It really seems to be a compatible shake and much cheaper in bulk. good luck!
cinthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinthia View Post
I use muscle milk. It comes in regular and light. It really seems to be a compatible shake and much cheaper in bulk. good luck!
I disagree, I think muscle milk is too high in carbs/sugar compared to some of the others that she has listed above.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

I buy Detour bars at Costco. They are higher in calories than IP bars, but comparable in other ways. Not too different from Pure Protein- which my Costco doesn't carry.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #6  

You can buy pure protein at Sams and Target.
I tried Atkins vanilla because I was in a pinch. It tasted awesome, but was high in fat which was probably why it was so nummy.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

stock up on even more veggies, mushrooms & all color peppers. it is amazing how fast you use up the veggies on this program, it seems I am making a run every couple of days and I am buying the jumbo bags of salad mix, six packs of peppers and big containers of mushrooms. 4 cups of veggies + lettuce every day adds up. lol

You can find pure protein bars at Wegmans and Wal-Mart also.

Good Luck to you
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #8  

I've never heard of detour bars but will check them out. Thanks for the ideas.
luckygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #9  
I know I can

I started using Isopure Zero Carb protein powder in vanilla. It has zero carbs, fat free and sugar free.
If you use the 2 scoops it is 210 calories and 50 grams of protein. Or, just use one scoop for 105 cal and 25 grams of protein.
I add WF chocolate to it and it's good.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #10  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Hi, I am not following IP in particular but I do low carb with at leeast 2 shakes a day soi tend to lurk here lol

I bought the case of rtd premier nutrition protein shakes and they were inedible. Theworst I've ever had- and I've had many brands. I know you are looking for similar counts to IP. I wonder if this gnu would fit the criteria.. It's the best rtd shake I've ever had.

Now, the cals will be a little higher as the size is bigger than a tetra pak. So make sure You're comparing apples to apples.

14oz
Calories 170
Fat6g
Protein 25g
TotL carb 6g, fiber 3G= 3 net carbs
Sweetened with sucralose
If anyone wants more info I would be happy to post.

Here is my lost in order of taste

1. GNC lean shake
2. Whey gourmet powder
3. Atkins rtd
4. Muscle milk
5. Whey gourmet juice coolers powder
6. Premier protein .honestly hated this so much I spat it put and am trying to return it today...
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl3 View Post
Hey! I'm starting this in a couple of days and trying to get everything ready. I won't be going to a clinic and will be following the ideal protein plan with alternatives. I plan to buy premiere chocolate shakes, romaine lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, boneless skinless chicken breast, pure protein bars if they have them. What do you buy or what would you recommend? Thanks for helping out a newbie. I've looked at the sticky did buy some protidiet off of amazon to try and then will place an order with Nasha
My grocery list at Costco:
onions
asparagus
romaine lettuce
English cucumbers
red peppers
celery
broccoli
baby spinach

Organic B/S chicken breasts
Frozen Cod
(Haven't seen cauliflower)

Premiere Nutrition RTD chocolate shakes
HTH

Last edited by xzoftig; 07-15-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Forgot RTD
xzoftig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
You can buy pure protein at Sams and Target.
I tried Atkins vanilla because I was in a pinch. It tasted awesome, but was high in fat which was probably why it was so nummy.
I use all Atkins. 2 shakes and 1 bar a day. I love vanilla. I know it's higher in fat but I have 2 friends that went through the program only using these products and they worked fine.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
stock up on even more veggies, mushrooms & all color peppers. it is amazing how fast you use up the veggies on this program, it seems I am making a run every couple of days and I am buying the jumbo bags of salad mix, six packs of peppers and big containers of mushrooms. 4 cups of veggies + lettuce every day adds up. lol

You can find pure protein bars at Wegmans and Wal-Mart also.

Good Luck to you
Do you pick out the carrots in the salad mix? The only one I've seen at Costco has carrots in it.
Susank2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #14  

I love the chocolate premier protein RTD. I keep it in the freezer, and I take it out in the morning and take it with me. When I'm ready for it, it is slushy. Tastes like a wendy's frosty to me.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi,

I am really considering going to alternative products at the end of August for a few months, I just can't afford IP since I have a few big events in Sept/Oct.
I am really, really nervous about switching and what products to buy. I compared the labels from the IP RTD vanilla to Strawberry EAS RTD and it seems comparable. I would really love some definite input on products I could switch to.
Right now, on IP, I have a vanilla RTD in the morning, Bar at 2pm and another chocolate packet after dinner, around 9pm.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thx
lboogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote