Old 07-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #16  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks ladies for all the support... This thread is great, and I always find that everyone is right with me with the issues that I am facing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Just got that flier in the mail yesterday too!!! And FREE shipping until the 19th!! Woot woot!!
I got the free shipping, plus $20 off for spending $75. I got three bathing suits for $87, shipped to my door. I got one in a size 6 in case I shrink some more. What a great problem to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
I was hoping to see the 140s today, but i stayed exactly the same at 150.1. it's coming soon... i can feel it! maybe tomorrow...
It would kill me if my scale did tenths... Mine goes by half pound increments. I am sending you "whoosh fairy" thoughts for tomorrow morning. I predict 149.7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
I know how you feel on this. my coach never set a goal weight with me. I brought it up once and she asked if i had a size in mind that i'd like to be in. well, that size was a size 8, but i wear size 6 now. the next time i brought up changing phases, she told me to just let her know when i feel that i've had enough/ happy where i am. my original goal was 160, but i wasn't happy there so i changed it to 145 thinking it wouldn't be possible (5 lbs away now, but it still might not be possible!). here's the problem though... i'm not going to phase off as long as i am still losing at least 2 lbs a week. this could be a very bad thing for me. i don't want to get too skinny. since my coach isn't holding me to any goal, and she isn't bringing it up in the meetings, it is going to take at least 2 weeks in a row of losses less than 2 lbs before i decide to go to phase 2. i lost 3 lbs this week. technically i should be in phase 2 now because i am at more than 90% of my goal, but as long as i keep losing i'll stay in phase one. on the plus side (for me, at least), this means that it's possible that i could even get down to 135-130 as long as the weight keeps coming off each week. but i, like you, am getting very frustrated with still being on this diet, and i also want to work out to tone up all this gross, floppy skin that i have hanging off my arms and around my belly...
I am glad that my monthly doctor visit is next Monday, so I can discuss with him. He has always talked about the goal, but said that it is optional... My coach is much more "5lbs at a time" philosophy. Physically, I'd like to lose another 8-10lbs... but hopefully that wouldn't mean that all my size 8's look stupid big on me. I guess if that happened I could get the nice things taken in. HOWEVER, mentally I am really starting to struggle. I want to go to the gym and have started to plan Phase 3 breakfasts. I am dreaming of yoghurt and fruit... I don't want to start working out while doing Phase 1, because I've heard stories of people getting really weak/dizzy and I just don't need that. I do need to commit to doing crunches at home, though, since my lower abs are probably my biggest problem area. I also need to start doing squats...

I went shopping on my lunch hour today and went to a fancy consignment shop. I bought a t-shirt, two skirts, and a rockin' DKNY sheath dress in grey (size 10, but it fits perfectly! And a steal at around $28). I plan to wear that dress to work next Monday, then go to my coach/dr visit in it when I weigh in at 4:30. I rarely wear my work clothes when I go to my coach, since I normally work at home on those days... Can't wait for the reaction.

Imagine my delight when the woman at the store said "you look great in that. you need a belt!". I almost fell over... Me? Belt? Look good? What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I wish I could give you some real feedback on this because it is weighing (pun) on my mind. I think IP does a great job of giving you the tools to get the weight off, but I really think they need to work on helping us figure out some of the other pieces of this self image puzzle. If you told me I'd be in size 4/6 clothes, I would have told you that was perfect-- exactly where I should be. (Who wants to be a size 2 with a big 'rack'? ) But now that I'm there I'm having trouble visualizing the success. My brain hasn't caught up, so I'm still hyper critical...

Just my two cents... Be careful. It is a slippery, slippery slope.
I completely agree... part of my issue is that, while I'm an 8, I still see problem areas and saggy skin. I think that the best thing may be to start phasing off soon, and start TONING that area with exercise rather than just waiting for the fat to dissolve using IP products. (see above re: exercise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Pxlkitty - I think you have done so great, I am sure they will put you on phase 2. I really like watching how you are doing as we are close in size and goals though I still have quite a ways to go... and the 70's are just about killing me... but I will get past it.

Question for all you knowledgeable ladies - my friend has started using Agave Nectar instead of sugar. Does anyone know anything about it? I know it isn't IP but thought I would ask as she is curious what my diet plan would say. I have heard of it but that is about it. Would this be something to look at for phase 4? Thanks you guys make my day and I enjoy all of you, and couldn't have done this without you. Keep it going
2RIDE -- you will be where I am now before you know it. You are doing so well... I think I want another few pounds before Phase 2, maybe 155... I will let you know what my coach and I decide.

Re: Agave nectar. My husband uses it and I like the taste. It's still pretty much like sucrose (sugar), but it dissolves well and can be used instead of honey. I don't know that there are real advantages to it, but if you end up trying it and liking it, it's fine.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-15-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:49 AM   #17  

It's really easy to start a Facebook "group" then add anyone who wants to belong to it. I have one for our Drag Racing stuff. Took 2 minutes to set up.
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Would you walk me through it on IM? I need to know how to do it for the classes I'm teaching this semester.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #19  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Mamarix..if you are here..I think I can figure it out! And we can do it over IM. It looks pretty easy!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #20  

Default Experinced Thread

So do we still have the Experinced thread, or has it been closed too?
On another note: I was back up to 151.8 today. how am I supposed to catch Laura at this rate?
Damn
Mary
Old 07-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I wish I could give you some real feedback on this because it is weighing (pun) on my mind. I think IP does a great job of giving you the tools to get the weight off, but I really think they need to work on helping us figure out some of the other pieces of this self image puzzle. If you told me I'd be in size 4/6 clothes, I would have told you that was perfect-- exactly where I should be. (Who wants to be a size 2 with a big 'rack'? ) But now that I'm there I'm having trouble visualizing the success. My brain hasn't caught up, so I'm still hyper critical.

I think you need to take a breath and think about what will be sustainable for you. Are you happy with how you look? Just because you are continuing to lose weight doesn't mean you should continue losing. I really believe the IP coaches should insist that we pick a number or size or BMI or whatever and help us stick with it. We can always go back if needed... it is a HUGE adjustment going from phase 3 to maintenance and IP really doesn't have any 'tools' for managing the change. Two weeks on phase 3 flies by and then you are out there in the real world with no coach and no regular weigh ins, etc.

I think phase 1 becomes a comfort zone and a crutch after a while. We don't have to think about what we're eating because it is defined for us. I think getting off of phase 1 is really important. I think we get so focused on getting as small as we can so we have as much 'wiggle room' as possible that it becomes a mind game and unhealthy in itself.

Right now I'm wishing I had lost 5 pounds more because in my mind I wouldn't have to 'think' as much about food if I had that wiggle room. But the fact is (and it IS a fact) I would be doing the same thing if I were 5 pounds lighter.

Just my two cents... Be careful. It is a slippery, slippery slope.

(And don't anyone think that this post is implying that it isn't worth it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat... I just I wish I had spent more time visualizing the endpoint while I was doing it.)
Great post, Chris! Even if someone had told me, I wouldn't have believed that this part of the process would be the hardest to navigate, but I'm finding it to be so.
blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #22  

Default Facebook page

Ok ladies and gents. Minewgoal has helped me set up a facebook page just for us. If you would lilke to be included, please message me with your facebook name, I will send you a friend request. This is a closed group, so as administrator, I have to invite you to join.
I won't get to it until tonight, as I HAVE to go to the gallery. Its too hot to even get into the pool!
thank you Minewgoal!
Mary
Old 07-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #23  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
So do we still have the Experinced thread, or has it been closed too?
On another note: I was back up to 151.8 today. how am I supposed to catch Laura at this rate?
Damn
Mary
more naked swimming for you...

Thanks Mary and Minewgoal... this is such a great idea to keep in touch. Thank you both.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #24  

Default Bloated

I'm feeling so bloated tonight, I'm going to have some leftover packets tomorrow to see if it helps instead of 'real' food! I'm hoping it's just that and not just loose skin around my middle. My muscles hurt from doing so many pool crunches. I will NOT gain any weight back, repeat....
Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #25  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

I actually saw 159 on the scale this morning. My official weigh in day is not till tomorrow though, but hopefully it will still be there.

I am truly amazed at what this diet has done for me! I just bought enough product for another month on IP, and hopefully I'll find a job, so that I can afford another month after that.

One thing that I truly need to work on though is self confidence. I still struggle with myself on that front. As I'm starting a whole new chapter in my life, this is where I'm going to try and focus, at least inwardly, this month. I can't really control what's going on in my life right now, but I can control how I'm going to respond.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Taking my dd to see Harry Potter. She's been looking forward to it for weeks now.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
I actually saw 159 on the scale this morning. My official weigh in day is not till tomorrow though, but hopefully it will still be there.

I am truly amazed at what this diet has done for me! I just bought enough product for another month on IP, and hopefully I'll find a job, so that I can afford another month after that.

One thing that I truly need to work on though is self confidence. I still struggle with myself on that front. As I'm starting a whole new chapter in my life, this is where I'm going to try and focus, at least inwardly, this month. I can't really control what's going on in my life right now, but I can control how I'm going to respond.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Taking my dd to see Harry Potter. She's been looking forward to it for weeks now.
Yeah for you! I was up to 152 this morning. This means another whole week trying to get below 151. I'm going to be good today. Now that I've made this conscious decision, all I can think about is food. Bobby Flay is on-- what am I thinking? I should be watching yard crashers instead. Happy Sunday everyone.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Would you walk me through it on IM? I need to know how to do it for the classes I'm teaching this semester.
Sent you a PM with instruction! Sorry I'm a bit behind.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #28  

Hey y'all!!!.. just wanted to say "adios" for a week... I'm heading for the cool mountains of Colorado early tomorrow morning... probably won't have Internet up there, so I'll just check in when I get home on the 25th... I'm planning to stay as low-carb as I can, but if I don't follow protocol 100%, I'm not gonna stress over it... I'll just jump back into Phase 1 bootcamp afterward... anyway, I hope everybody has a WONDERFUL week...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Hey y'all!!!.. just wanted to say "adios" for a week... I'm heading for the cool mountains of Colorado early tomorrow morning... probably won't have Internet up there, so I'll just check in when I get home on the 25th... I'm planning to stay as low-carb as I can, but if I don't follow protocol 100%, I'm not gonna stress over it... I'll just jump back into Phase 1 bootcamp afterward... anyway, I hope everybody has a WONDERFUL week...

hugs
Have a great Vacation! See you the end of the month! (I'm headed to the beach on Friday!!!)
Old 07-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #30  

I am new to the website, thank you for all the encouragement. I have lost 15 on ID but still feel my goals are a pipe dream. I would love to excersice some for strengthening, do any of you excersice or is it off limits?
Airmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote