Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Monday, July 11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:IP Weekend Chat - Fri 7/8 - Sun 7/10
Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Monday!

Back to work today- and I'm glad for the structure. Don't I say that every Monday? I'm working on being 100% OP this week. I've been lazy with my veggies and not weighing meat, etc. My Nashua shipment should be at the post office today, and that will help a lot!

I did a major overhaul of my closet yesterday. I let go of 2 garbage bags of clothes that are too big. My wardrobe is somewhat minimal now, so I prepped a weeks' worth of work cothes and set it all up ready to go. I have to avoid that staring into the closet feeling like I have nothing to wear or I'll be tempted to go buy cothes that won't fit me next month (hopefully!). It's good to be organized. right?

Have a great day!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #3  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks MovingOn for starting us out every week. Had a great OP weekend (started Saturday). Committed to OP all week.

Work, work, work today. Im like you, glad with the structure. Tonite Im going to put a second coat of paint in my new "serentiy"/guest room. It's going to be an oasis for me.

Happy Monday all.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #4  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just a quick note to say hello and that I have officially escaped the 160s! I weighed in at 158.0 this morning. My waist shrank quite a lot this past week, and I'm feeling the losses more in my problem areas (inner thighs, lower abs, stomach) more than before. I really hope it's true that the last little bit is where you see the best results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Monday!

Back to work today- and I'm glad for the structure. Don't I say that every Monday? I'm working on being 100% OP this week. I've been lazy with my veggies and not weighing meat, etc. My Nashua shipment should be at the post office today, and that will help a lot!

I did a major overhaul of my closet yesterday. I let go of 2 garbage bags of clothes that are too big. My wardrobe is somewhat minimal now, so I prepped a weeks' worth of work cothes and set it all up ready to go. I have to avoid that staring into the closet feeling like I have nothing to wear or I'll be tempted to go buy cothes that won't fit me next month (hopefully!). It's good to be organized. right?

Have a great day!
Congrats on the closet overhaul! I am currently doing the minimalist closet thing myself, and I have to say that I really like it. I need to go through again and clean things out. The transition clothes are the hardest... you are right in that it's not a good idea to get too many. But, you need just enough to get through. People were seeing me in many of the same outfits there for a while.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!!! Having a better day today, my neck feels a lot better from last week.....my DH rubbed this 'bengay' type stuff and it seems to do a wonder on this pain I've had for the past week.

I felt awful last week and havent felt myself loosing much, but I've decided that my little weight loss from last week may be due to the fact that all I was drinking was decaf tea with more splenda that I probably should. So I've cut that out and it seems to have gotten me out of this rut I found myself in.
I've been using those MiO things - my fav is the strawberry/watermelon!!! YUM!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Just a quick note to say hello and that I have officially escaped the 160s! I weighed in at 158.0 this morning. My waist shrank quite a lot this past week, and I'm feeling the losses more in my problem areas (inner thighs, lower abs, stomach) more than before. I really hope it's true that the last little bit is where you see the best results.
Congrats on your weight loss! It's always a great feeling to achieve a goal

Quote:
2 bags gone from the closet is awesome! What a good feeling It's great to be organized!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning peeps!

Thanks for starting the thread MOvingon. I have to say, it is the BEST feeling to actually get to choose different things to wear! I haven't fit into to most things for a while, so I am enjoying the diversity. I am hoping-no I know that in the next few months I will be even more delighted with the wardrobe changes until I can finally spree! I love cloths!!!

I have been doing well, except for yesterday-I had one shake and then regular dinner, just not enough. I slept late and then worked on redoing my closet (painting and new shelving). I feel bad about it, especially since I weigh in tonight and I am worried. The scale only showed a 2.6 loss. I'll updatye with the official tonight.

So, I have also been thinking about only having a bar every other day. That would be 2 shakes a day and a bar every other. What are some of your thoughts? I have been losing kinda slow and want to speed things up. All along I have been having 2 shakes (the evening one being the chocolate!) and the chocolate one, from what I have been reading, is borderline another restricted! So, I am swapping those for choc pudding to drink and thinking a bar every other. Which will be hard b/c I look forward and think about having my one every day! Any thoughts would be appreciated! I don't know if i'll talk to my coach about that-she will probably be against it!

Have a wonderful day friends!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #8  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

Congrats on the closet overhaul! I am currently doing the minimalist closet thing myself, and I have to say that I really like it. I need to go through again and clean things out. The transition clothes are the hardest... you are right in that it's not a good idea to get too many. But, you need just enough to get through. People were seeing me in many of the same outfits there for a while.
Congratulations!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Question?
This morning on my way to work I became very nauseous, and have thrown up several times. Should I be adding an extra packet this afternoon? I know it's a bit TMI, but that vanilla pudding I had for breakfast definitely didn't stay down.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #10  
I know I can

Good morning!
Had a nice weekend lost 2 pounds!(won't change my ticker until Thur WI).
We are still in a drought down here in Texas. So, I have been putting out water for the animals, usually the deer take advantage of it.
Last night I decided to put out my zucchini peelings. Sure enough they came out and were eating it.
I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #11  

Good Monday morning everyone! After watching the scale say the same number for 5 days I purchased some Miralax yesterday. Seems to be working a little. I am not sure what is "normal" on this diet! LOL. I weigh in tomorrow morning so hopefully I've lost.
Iboogs 311 I have a friend who has lost 65 pounds since Feb. and she limits her bars/restricted items to 3 a week otherwise she thinks it slows down her loss. Another friend who is doing great on IP can NEVER have restricted items, her coach doesn't allow it.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #12  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Broad View Post
Question?
This morning on my way to work I became very nauseous, and have thrown up several times. Should I be adding an extra packet this afternoon? I know it's a bit TMI, but that vanilla pudding I had for breakfast definitely didn't stay down.
Sure, add the extra packet.
I am sorry you are not feeling so great.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/188/150

Height: 5'5

We were invited out for supper last night for a dear friends birthday. They had grilled burgers, pasta salads, potato salad, cake and icecream ahhhhhhh!!!! I blew it! I have been so good too! Oh and did I mention wine? Yea I went there....I am right back on today and hopefully my WI tomorrow won't kill me!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Sure, add the extra packet.
I am sorry you are not feeling so great.
Thanks!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Sandyh50! I really think I am going to try every other day on bars, as much as that really stinks!!! But I will start today and we shall see next Monday what happens.

Classy Broad, so sorry you got sick, poor thing. I would add another packet. Hope you feel better.
Closed Thread