Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #46  

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom. I have gone from wearing 9/10 jeans to 3/4. Talk about NSV! We ended up spending way more than we ever thought because EVERYTHING I tried on looked AMAZING on me. I feel beautiful, finally. Nothing can bring me down.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheerie View Post
Yesterday I went shopping with my mom. I have gone from wearing 9/10 jeans to 3/4. Talk about NSV! We ended up spending way more than we ever thought because EVERYTHING I tried on looked AMAZING on me. I feel beautiful, finally. Nothing can bring me down.
Congrats! to you and all the others staying on plan. It is not easy,but so worth it.........
Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #48  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Well the IP saga continues. Had an interesting day yesterday - my at home scales showed me at a new low weight - an almost unbelievable weight (should have seen this as a sign). I travel two hours to my church location - I'm a part time pastor (a long story in itself) and I typically stay there for three days. I managed to get through the church service without bolting to the bathroom but an hour or so later it was the big D in a serious way (sorry if this is TMi). I lived through all that, drank my water, had my chocolate shakes - and was expecting a low weight this AM.
It was not to be. Three pounds up. It is likely some difference in the scales and I think water retention from the afternoon's aftermath. Anyway, an interesting morning. I feel great and am interested to see what the day brings and tomorrow morning's weight. Now, on to some broccoli.

Stay Strong everyone.
I would suspect your body is holding on to fluid to protect itself from the distress it is experiencing. Give it plenty more fluids....FYI, I just enjoyed my broccoli too!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #49  
sunshinedaydream1

S/C/G: 174/157/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for a few weeks, taking all of your wisdom, support, and good ideas! Finally decided to jump in! I'm in my 8th week of IP and hope to hit the 20 lb. mark at my weigh-in on Wednesday. Definitely feeling great - out of size 14s and into the 150s for the first time in about 6 years. I need to have a great OP week because we head to the beach next Saturday for the week - at least I won't feel like a whale! Still, I will probably cut myself some slack and enjoy a few frozen drinks! Have a great week you all!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #50  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Gave myself food poisoning from licking the raw pudding cake batter...actually it's my husbands fault, he jinxed me by saying I was going to get salmonella...worst husband ever
WHAT? That's horrible. I thought the "raw egg" thing was a pretty low threat. Some people drink them! Poor girl. Nothing worse than that.

I wanted to encourage newer IPers to view this diet as a "no cheat" diet. No exceptions. The weight will fly off and you'll feel fabulous- no cravings, more energy. The on/off will power thing will kill this diet. *off my soapbox*

I have a busy few nights that are going to include a lot of quick eating so I'm taking time to plan out meals and snacks. Off to run to my happy place: Trader Joes.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #51  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
WHAT? That's horrible. I thought the "raw egg" thing was a pretty low threat. Some people drink them! Poor girl. Nothing worse than that.

I wanted to encourage newer IPers to view this diet as a "no cheat" diet. No exceptions. The weight will fly off and you'll feel fabulous- no cravings, more energy. The on/off will power thing will kill this diet. *off my soapbox*

I have a busy few nights that are going to include a lot of quick eating so I'm taking time to plan out meals and snacks. Off to run to my happy place: Trader Joes.
I consider myself a newcomer because I'm only in week 3 but I haven't had 1 cheat. Not in the slightest and I'm not having any severe cravings or feelings of deprivation. That is new for me. I'm not saying I wouldn't love a slice of cheese or a big bowl of watermelon but if that's the worst I'm going to crave...go me! (And it's a craving, I haven't given in and don't plan to.) I can't believe how fast the feelings of, "I deserve that" switched to , "I deserve better". I think staying op 100% is the only way you're ever going to get these feelings.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I consider myself a newcomer because I'm only in week 3 but I haven't had 1 cheat. Not in the slightest and I'm not having any severe cravings or feelings of deprivation. That is new for me. I'm not saying I wouldn't love a slice of cheese or a big bowl of watermelon but if that's the worst I'm going to crave...go me! (And it's a craving, I haven't given in and don't plan to.) I can't believe how fast the feelings of, "I deserve that" switched to , "I deserve better". I think staying op 100% is the only way you're ever going to get these feelings.
I totally agree on the "I deserve better". I think that's why I'm able to stay OP even though I'm temporarially feeling crummy. I know this is going to work for me and I deserve for it to work! Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #53  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
You just hit the nail on the head "WE ALL DESERVE BETTER"!!! I'm stealing that saying....
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

I have to admit i was pretty proud of myself this weekend. I went to a birthday party for my friends husband and they had tons of appetizers spead out and even went around offering to people while chatting. And i didnt have anything....
I did have one glass of red wine, but that was it.....
Old 07-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #55  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post

Ash I so agree with you more, and it is kind of sad to see the new people admitting that they are cheating... I wish better for the new kids, they do deserve it but they can't be cheating. It is as simple as that, if you can't go without cheating, maybe you should wait or go on another diet that allows cheats. Yes it is HARD not to cheat but this is a NO -Cheat diet. Going in and out of ketosis is not good for a body, stay with the program and you will have less problems. I also wonder sometimes when you have a "low weight loss" if some of the not cheating and back to cheating does it? Maybe not the first week but it has got to be messing up your body....

And sorry drinking wine is still cheating. NO Alcohol on this diet either. do you not think I don't want a nice drink when it is hot out? **** yeah but I deserve this and I then go have a nice drink of ice cold water, hits the spot. I for one can't afford to be on a diet, and I am thinking a lot of you are the same way. If you cheat there is your whole week blown and how many dollars spent so you can have the satisfaction of a 2 minute glass of wine, or a piece of cake or whatever.

We keep coming up on this topic and there are a lot of arguements and maybe some hurt feelings but a cheat is a cheat and it really isn't allowed. Yes thanks for owning up to your cheat, and I am glad you are moving on but please maybe read your material about what is allowed and what isn't. I want you all to sucessed, as I know how great you feel when the weight starts coming off. If you are true to the plan and true to yourself you know that a cheat isn't worth it. You can have whatever you want once you are in maintenance but you still have to change the way you look at food. I now look at people eating huge portions of whatever and all that I can think of is, wow if they only knew or cared how much calories and fat that is... If we all cared about these things, maybe some of our restaurants would care as well and start providing us with better for us food too.

Sorry my soapbox as well. I want new people to suceed and be proud of this diet.

Oh and there is a seperate post for cheats maybe post it there.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #56  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I have to agree a cheat is a cheat. I have been TOTALLY OP for will be 10 weeks on Wednesday. I have not cheated or even been tempted ONCE, I have made this commitment to myself and plan on sticking to it. I have seen the results of NOT CHEATING and like those results so its 100% OP for me til the end!.

Here are a few things that I did over the weekend that was something different....I made MIO ice cubes to add to my Water and also made MIO popcicles, its something different than drinking the water and taste great. This morning I put the strawberry WF syrup in my water (to experiment) and it taste yummy! Experiment with stuff keeps you always finding new things to taste instead of always the same!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #57  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Have to share the NSV I got this weekend. My BF and I spent Sat on what I have dubbed a meandering day. As in running errands and going shopping at various stores. She wanted to try finding some clothes at the my new favorite thrift store... Followed be going to a local street festival for grilled salmon dinner.

She was shocked at how long I could keep going without a rest stop. Before IP, I had to rest every half hour for a few minutes. This time, I kept up for about 5 1/2 hours. Her comment was "WOW, it's been a realy long time since you were able to do that!!! What a difference." And what a treat for me to have a friend who put up with the old me, and now reinforces the positive changes.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #58  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Ash I so agree with you more, and it is kind of sad to see the new people admitting that they are cheating... I wish better for the new kids, they do deserve it but they can't be cheating. It is as simple as that, if you can't go without cheating, maybe you should wait or go on another diet that allows cheats. Yes it is HARD not to cheat but this is a NO -Cheat diet. Going in and out of ketosis is not good for a body, stay with the program and you will have less problems. I also wonder sometimes when you have a "low weight loss" if some of the not cheating and back to cheating does it? Maybe not the first week but it has got to be messing up your body....

And sorry drinking wine is still cheating. NO Alcohol on this diet either. do you not think I don't want a nice drink when it is hot out? **** yeah but I deserve this and I then go have a nice drink of ice cold water, hits the spot. I for one can't afford to be on a diet, and I am thinking a lot of you are the same way. If you cheat there is your whole week blown and how many dollars spent so you can have the satisfaction of a 2 minute glass of wine, or a piece of cake or whatever.

We keep coming up on this topic and there are a lot of arguements and maybe some hurt feelings but a cheat is a cheat and it really isn't allowed. Yes thanks for owning up to your cheat, and I am glad you are moving on but please maybe read your material about what is allowed and what isn't. I want you all to sucessed, as I know how great you feel when the weight starts coming off. If you are true to the plan and true to yourself you know that a cheat isn't worth it. You can have whatever you want once you are in maintenance but you still have to change the way you look at food. I now look at people eating huge portions of whatever and all that I can think of is, wow if they only knew or cared how much calories and fat that is... If we all cared about these things, maybe some of our restaurants would care as well and start providing us with better for us food too.

Sorry my soapbox as well. I want new people to suceed and be proud of this diet.

Thanks for the reminder that this is a no cheat diet. And don't feel bad about getting on your soapbox. Sometimes we all need a less than gentle reminder to stay OP.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #59  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have to agree a cheat is a cheat. I have been TOTALLY OP for will be 10 weeks on Wednesday. I have not cheated or even been tempted ONCE, I have made this commitment to myself and plan on sticking to it. I have seen the results of NOT CHEATING and like those results so its 100% OP for me til the end!.

Here are a few things that I did over the weekend that was something different....I made MIO ice cubes to add to my Water and also made MIO popcicles, its something different than drinking the water and taste great. This morning I put the strawberry WF syrup in my water (to experiment) and it taste yummy! Experiment with stuff keeps you always finding new things to taste instead of always the same!
You look like a different person!! You ROCK STAR!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

I totally agree! A cheat is a cheat. I haven't even licked my fingers once or taste tested a meal I've made for the family because I don't want the taste on my tongue at all. The longer you go without, the easier it gets.
Closed Thread