Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #151  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

This is a good fish taco recipe..The marinade tenderizes the fish.

Bobby Flay's Fish tacos

1 pound white flaky fish, such as mahi mahi
1 Tbl olive oil..He calls for 1/4 cup
1 Lime juiced
1 Tablespoon Ancho Chili Powder
1 Jalapeno coarsely chopped
1/4 c fresh cilantro chopped

Pre-heat grill
Whisk together oil,lime juice,chili powder, jalapeno, and cilantro..Pour over fish in a medium size dish. Let marinate for 15-20 mins.. Grill fish, flesh side down for 4 mins on first side, then flip 30 seconds and remove. Let sit for 5 mins and flake fish with a fork.

He then uses a Pureed Tomato Salsa..
You can use any salsa.

I put on Pico de Gallo.

Pico de Gallo
Chopped fine -sweet onions
Chopped fine - cilantro
Chopped fine -tomatoes
Chopped fine -jalapenos..optional 1 or 2 deseeded
Chopped fine - green onions
Lime juice to cover.. 1 or 2 limes

Mix equal parts of cilantro, tomatoes, green onions, sweet onions together in a bowl. Add diced jalapenos if you wish. Then squeeze lime juice over the mixture. Some people salt this. Let sit in frig for 15 or more.
Use with fish tacos..Roll up tacos with lettuce leaves.

Pico de gallo can be used as a side with turkey taco meat or even soyburgers.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #152  

Went to a football Party today/Dinner Partytonight, and as a matter of fact Im still there, but there is chocolate cake on the table so I came into the living room. I winged a seafood recipe tonight, because I told everyone I would cook just to be safe.

So I bought all kinds of seafood: Muscles, Canned Clams, shrimp, scallops
Then in a pot i put a few garlic cloves with olive oil and added three cans of diced tomates (lowest of everything i could find) and let them simmer for a few hours, and just before we ate I added the scallops and shrimp and left it for 10 minutes and then added the muscles, and clams and after I served it I gave everyone fresh presley, and green onions to top. I also added some spices as it was cooking, just dried parsley, and garlic powder, and crushed chillis
I was nervous, but IT WAS AMAZING! I couldn't wait to share it with everyone!!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Anyone have a recipe for Egg Plant?
Old 09-17-2011, 03:29 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Eggplant Recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
Anyone have a recipe for Egg Plant?
also posted in the Eggplant thread, but reposting here, since this has other recipes too.

Here is a recipe for a vegetable tian (kind of a rattatouille) that is amazing using eggplant.
Click Here for Vegetable Tian Recipe

For normal use, I usually slice the eggplant into medium slices, then put in a container which has a lid. I add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, crushed black pepper, then close the lid and shake until coated.

Then I lay them out on a plate and dust with Indian Chili powder.

I grill them up on the BBQ until cooked. Usually that is enough, but if you want it to be melt in your mouth, then you can then put them in a baking dish and cook at 200C for about 10 min more.

Another suggestions if to cut into slices, fry in a pan with Pam and a touch of olive oil (plus spices). Then transfer to a baking pan and cover with a finely chopped tomato and onion (like salsa) with herbs (basil, oregeno, thyme).

Click Here for link to Pix of Grilled Chili Eggplant

Before I did IP, I loved Eggplant Parmesan. I havent tried this yet, but here's what I would do to make a close approximation without the cheese or bread crumbs.

1. Beat 1 egg white with a dash of sea salt.
2. Pour a package of Mushroom, Leek, or Chicken Soup into another bowl.
3. Dip sliced Eggplant into the egg white to cover. Then dip into the soup mix to cover.
4. Fry in a pan with 2 teaspoons olive oil until golden
5. Place all fried eggplant in a baking pan and cover with a thinly slided tomato on each piece. Sprinkle tomato with herbs, sea salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 5 min at 200C.
7. If there is any soup mix left over, add enough hot water to make a side dish of soup.

I have also used Eggplant cubes in grilled kebab skewers... fish, turkey, chicken, and beef all are good. Also add yellow pepper (Paprika), zucchini, and tomato.

Click Here for Grilled Kebab Skewers with Eggplant
Old 09-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
This is a good fish taco recipe..The marinade tenderizes the fish. Bobby Flay's Fish tacos...
That recipe and the pico de gallo sound AMAZING. Cant wait to try a twist of this with lime turkey tacos.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
That recipe and the pico de gallo sound AMAZING. Cant wait to try a twist of this with lime turkey tacos.
Hey Steven,
My garlic lime fajita recipe works great as lime turkey tacos also, I have it lots
Old 09-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Steven,
My garlic lime fajita recipe works great as lime turkey tacos also, I have it lots
ooo! Didnt see that the first time. Thanks! You are such an amazingly creative cook. I have loved your recipes.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #158  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

FinnSteven, Your eggplant recipes look exciting. You could make the eggplant parmesean and then add the WF pasta sauce. Hope you like the pico del gallo..the key is sweet onions..
Old 09-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #159  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default faux apple dessert

large zucchini
cinnamon
Splenda

Preparation

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)

I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple
Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #160  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
large zucchini
cinnamon
Splenda

Preparation

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)

I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple
Thanks for the recipe. I have so many zucchini from the garden to use up. This recipe was awesome, my DH loved it too. Might try putting the oatmeal package on top for a crisp for a change, but it is great just as it. Who would have thought zucchinis would taste like apples! Now I will freeze some of the zucchinis so I can make this in the winter.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #161  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

I have been craving Mexican and one of our favorite recipes is Enchiladas a la Gringa. Since I can't have that I made a small play on it.

6 Poblano Peppers
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 garlic clove
Sea salt

Char poblanos on a comal or over the open flame and then put in a ziploc bag for 15-20 minutes. Remove skin and all seeds/veins.
Put in blender with the rest of the ingredients.

Serve as a unrestricted "salsa" along with grilled chicken. It's very y and the poblano chiles give a nice smokey flavor to the meat.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #162  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default Indonesian Chicken Soup

2 Litres Water 2 bunches of green onions chopped or 1 leek
2 cans chicken or diced chicken 3 chicken-flavored Oxo cubes
1 small can tomato paste 2 Tablespoons Conimex Ketjap (Indonesian soy sauce)(I used tamara not the same but no sugar)
2 Tablespoons applesauce(use WF Applebutter)
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1-2 Tablespoons sugar (splenda)
1 – 2 bunches vermicelli noodles (use zucchini grated)
Sambal (Indonesian Hot Pepper Sauce) to taste

Set 2 litres water on the stove to boil. When boiling, toss in 1 leek (or green onions) sliced, 2 cans of chicken, 3 chicken-flavored Oxo cubes dissolved in 1 ˝ cups hot water, 1 small can of tomato paste, 2 Tbsp Conimex ketjap, 2 Tbsp applesauce, 1 Tbsp vinegar and 1 – 2 Tbsp sugar.
Add 1 – 2 bunches vermicelli noodles. Add sambal to taste. Let it simmer for 5 – 10 Minutes. Add extra applesauce to taste when it is done cooking.

**NOTE: Depending on how spicy you like it I usually use 2 Tbsp of Sambal. I like it spicy.

When I made it this time I had no apple butter from WF so I used some wf pancake syrup, it was still good but missed the apple taste.

It is my favorite chicken soup recipe on cold nights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2409.JPG (56.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST; 09-22-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: add pictures
Old 09-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #163  

I'm curious as to what types of new recipes y'all are craving?

Salty or Sweet?
(I tend to crave recipes for meat & veggies. I also was desperate for dressings until some friendly folks posted a bunch of great ideas)

With or Without IP Packages?
(ie, Turning your cereal into pancakes or pudding into a hot vanilla chai or things to do with the various meats/ veggies allowed?)

Gourmet or Take Away?
Meals to impress / share with family or meals to take to work?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #164  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Salty or Sweet?
(I tend to crave recipes for meat & veggies. I also was desperate for dressings until some friendly folks posted a bunch of great ideas)

(ie, Turning your cereal into pancakes or pudding into a hot vanilla chai or things to do with the various meats/ veggies allowed?)

Gourmet or Take Away?
I like them all I go through my cookbooks quite often to see what I can change for IP.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #165  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Salty or Sweet?

Gourmet or Take Away?
Take Away!
Closed Thread