Old 07-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #61  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

So I wanted to know if anyone out there is similar to me in that they are around 5'2", and needed to lose about 40 lbs and how long it took to reach thier goal. Reason being I feel like the less one have to lose, the harder and longer it takes. Anyone meet this criteria? Let me know I would appreciate it much!
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
That's why very few people know I"m doing this. Once people notice I've lost weight I'll say I did it by eating healthy. That's all they need to know.
Good advise! When people notice or my husband brags about my loss and I'm ask what diet I'm on I just tell them I'm making better choices and chosing to eat healthy.

I'm tired today and it seems when I'm tired I start craving my old comfort foods. I'm staying true to IP but I have been a little uncomfortable and feel edgey.
Lace and Levis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I was comparing my stats from last time I did IP to this time and I lost 10 more pounds in the first four weeks my first time around than this time. I'm wondering if I should stop having a restricted pkg everyday and see if that helps? That's the only thing I'm doing differently this time around....
It would probably do you no harm to try it and see. But it seems to me, no matter what diet I do, the 1st time around always sees the best results. I don't know why. Do you have less to lose this time? 10 more pounds in 4 weeks does seem like a huge difference. Were you allowed restricteds in the 1st 3 weeks the first time?

I guess I don't really have an answer for you other than to give it a whirl for a week and see what happens if it is really bothering you. My restricted is my favorite part of the day, so I would have a tough time giving it up
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
So I wanted to know if anyone out there is similar to me in that they are around 5'2", and needed to lose about 40 lbs and how long it took to reach thier goal. Reason being I feel like the less one have to lose, the harder and longer it takes. Anyone meet this criteria? Let me know I would appreciate it much!
I would also be interested in this. Our stats are quite similar...
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good Morning everyone, it is a beautiful sunny day here and I am at work.... which is okay since can't walk the dogs because of the mosquito issue. So the start to another week of being OP. I love this plan even though sometimes you want things to happen faster then they do... I have to renew my drivers license this month so hope to be at the weight my drivers license says I am... havent been here for years... Have a great day and if you let the plan work it will work for you.....

So a little more information is required. What veggies are you eating? are you getting all your water? have you changed anything? Have you tried going to 4 packets for a week or going to Phase 2 for a week or two... Your body may just need that little bit more of protein to get the jump start again. If you look at my signature I gained +4lbs on my week 19... Your body is going through changes and it is adjusting, you just have to be paitent. My coach said that sometimes if you are stuck at a certain weight for a while it could be because your body remembers being at that weight and doesn't want to go any further... so paitence and following the program does work. Yes $81 for 1lbs of weight loss is a lot, but where would you be without the program? I fight for every pound I lose and yes sometimes I am bummed but I also have to look at it that it is hard for the body to adjust quickly to all the weight loss and sometimes it needs a week or two to catch up. I have also been told that you will have smaller weight losses the less you have to lose so it can be painfully slow. Stick to it and you will soon be seeing more loss.

I disagree with you totally. How do you know that your body just doesn't need a few weeks to adjust. Sure you can go off the program, and yes eventually you will get to your goal weight, but I think if you stay with the program and work through the plateau you will learn more and your body will adjust better and you will lose the weight faster then phasing off. Don't get me wrong, if you are happy at the weight you are plateauing at, then by all means work through the phases but you also have to understand that you will also gain weight when you go off the program as it is your body readjusting to a balanced diet. Of course this is just my opinion... and even though I have been on the program for 5 months I am still learning a lot and sometimes you just have to listen to your body.
Thank you, you really helped me. I didn't cheat all weekend and I should focus on that. onward and upward!
laudie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Ending a day OP feels so much better than waking up knowing you cheated the day before. Let the momentum build!
kimvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Quote:
maybe 3 or 4 months. the further down in weight you get the slower it seems to come off. look at it as 4 -10 lb weight losses. Good luck!
laudie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #68  

Woohoo, weigh in #2 was a loss of 4 pounds!

sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #69  

Just checking to see if my weight loss ticker shows up!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #70  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Just checking to see if my weight loss ticker shows up!
YES!!!...its showing and CONGRATS on your WI!! mine is tomorrow at 8am!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #71  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default ideas for a phase change on vacation; coach not sure

Hi, i am in phase one and still have 12 pounds to lose. I am having a struggle staying put, but have been OP even with the holiday. I feel like I am white knuckling it at night.

I will be going away for work and vac for three weeks Aug. 12. My coach suggests that I go directly to phase THREE for 2 weeks prior, as I KNOW I will go OFF PLAN every third day. I plan to do phase one on the days inbetween.

Will this work? Will this stabilize my weight? I plan to exercise more on the "break" and I did plan to return to phase one after I get home, and lose whatever I may set back. I don't want to blow all my hard work to rush to phase four.

Thoughts?? Thanks.

This site is a lifeline!!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Woohoo, weigh in #2 was a loss of 4 pounds!

WAY TO GO!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I would also be interested in this. Our stats are quite similar...
I'm about in your range! Though I have much more to lose total. You can see my progress below... I've been on IP since mid-May and have lost 30 lbs.

Last edited by katiebeth7; 07-06-2011 at 08:54 PM.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #74  
Marijaux

S/C/G: 229/229/155

Height: 5 feet 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
You will be fine. Everyone loses differently.
Congrats on the 10 pound loss AMAZING! The 2 pound gain was probably water. No worries just stay OP.
Thank you very much....I am doing way better this week... only lost 3 lbs last week....that's ok, it's still a minus...
Marijaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #75  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
I'm also in your range as well. Let's keep posted on this. I'm hoping to be off the diet at the end of summer, but it seems everyone is thinking a little longer. Good luck to all of us 5'2 shorties!
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote