Old 07-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbi40 View Post
Just started day 2. Yesterday was rough as I was hungry all day until supper when I could have a more real meal. Today is better so far, I'm still hungry but not ravenous. I hope it gets better as I dont want to white knuckle the hunger for the next few months.
I'm only in week 2 and already having problems feeling NOT hungry. I had to force myself to eat yesterday and felt sick while doing it. The first day was the only day I felt hungry but I think it was more in my head. Losing weight is a total mind game. If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you can't. Good luck!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #32  
Marijaux

S/C/G: 229/229/155

Height: 5 feet 10

Default Newbie

Hello

I am, as many around here, new to this site and also to the IP diet.
This is week 2 of my journey. I lost 10 lbs in my first week and it looks like it will be less next WI. Although I was terribly frustrated at gaining 2 lbs in 3 days...my body seems to be reajusting to the diet and my mind, calming down, lol.
Marijaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanelle View Post
Good morning everyone! I had WI #6 this morning and was down 3.2 lbs That makes 27 lbs total so far and I'm feeling great!
I spent some time going through my closet this past weekend. I was so happy to find some clothes that hadn't fit in a few summers that now do
I agree:

I was in a clothes store yesterday to do a return, I ended up in the fitting room for almost an hour, just hanging out trying things on...it was a good feeling I'm so glad a lot of the summer stuff is on "super" sale right now!
Here's to a great day and week, wishing you all a successful day OP
Thats amazing, I'm only on day 2 but I sure hope I get similar results!
darbi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I'm only in week 2 and already having problems feeling NOT hungry. I had to force myself to eat yesterday and felt sick while doing it. The first day was the only day I felt hungry but I think it was more in my head. Losing weight is a total mind game. If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you can't. Good luck!

How true, before I would find myself snacking all day long, even though there was no way I could be hungry, my head kept saying I was. I constantly thought about food. Im hoping this diet will help me to think about food in a total different way.....
darbi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #35  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Had a good 4th. My boyfriend, being the enabler that he is, Asked if I could cheat "just this once" for the 4th of July. I didn't even FEEL like cheating. Although I have to say I got home late and hadn't planned it out very well...so It was late and I hadn't eaten dinner yet so I ate 2 boiled eggs and some pickles and vitamins. So Because I ate so late, I didn't lose for the day. But still going good! Lost 5.4.

The naysayers at work are telling me the only reason I lost so much is because I'm losing water weight then it will stop or I'll lose muscle mass. Just ignoring them

Doing well though. Ignoring hunger pangs pretty easily. But also have had a cheating dream every night since I started, lol!

Thanks to those who helped me find the vitamin information. I feel like part of this community when people want to help me out and talk to me Thank you!
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Good Day All!

I'm down 58.8 pounds, but this is my first post. I read the board from time to time for inspiration. Yes, I've plateaued (am now again - grrrr!) and yes I get tired of the same ol' same ol' food, even with the recipes on the site.

Today I made a discovery though - I looked down at my adorable dog (who has never eaten "people food") and thought - jeez - she's 10 years old, and she gets the same thing every day - Kibbles and Bits, Kibbles and Bits, and for variety, Bits and Kibbles. Maybe I'm not so badly off afterall
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
Had a good 4th. My boyfriend, being the enabler that he is, Asked if I could cheat "just this once" for the 4th of July. I didn't even FEEL like cheating. Although I have to say I got home late and hadn't planned it out very well...so It was late and I hadn't eaten dinner yet so I ate 2 boiled eggs and some pickles and vitamins. So Because I ate so late, I didn't lose for the day. But still going good! Lost 5.4.

The naysayers at work are telling me the only reason I lost so much is because I'm losing water weight then it will stop or I'll lose muscle mass. Just ignoring them

Doing well though. Ignoring hunger pangs pretty easily. But also have had a cheating dream every night since I started, lol!

Thanks to those who helped me find the vitamin information. I feel like part of this community when people want to help me out and talk to me Thank you!
That's why very few people know I"m doing this. Once people notice I've lost weight I'll say I did it by eating healthy. That's all they need to know.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Good Day All!

I'm down 58.8 pounds, but this is my first post. I read the board from time to time for inspiration. Yes, I've plateaued (am now again - grrrr!) and yes I get tired of the same ol' same ol' food, even with the recipes on the site.

Today I made a discovery though - I looked down at my adorable dog (who has never eaten "people food") and thought - jeez - she's 10 years old, and she gets the same thing every day - Kibbles and Bits, Kibbles and Bits, and for variety, Bits and Kibbles. Maybe I'm not so badly off afterall
Isn't that the truth!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #39  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Tuesday. Doesn't feel like a Tuesday to me, but oh well.

I have been waiting to go for my physical for some time. I finally got it overwith today. I don't really have a regular doctor since my last one stopped practicing and the one I got after is now on medical leave... so I saw someone new. It was pretty perfunctory, but I was really happy when she told me that my blood pressure was good/low. My blood pressure hasn't been low for about 15 years. It has been fairly high. My cholesterol was borderline-high at my last physical- 3 years ago. I expect that it will be improved as well. I have been this weight before and still had high BP and colesterol, so I'm thanking the diet for the changes. This is ultimately what I started losing weight for- improved health.

In other news- I'm out of packets (boo). The mail system is showing no signs of my nashua shipment. I can still get my shakes and my bars, but I'm out of pudding, soups, etc. I love my shakes, but I may get tired of them quickly. Crossing fingers that it arrives befor the weekend!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi Bickl,

I am so glad you are on a roll again, how long was your stall?
I was only stalled for a little over a week. But I took matters into my own hands and had a cheat day that kick started the program again and I began loosing like it was the first week.
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Had a great 4th weekend and stayed OP 100%. Even though I am not hungry anymore and not having any cravings, I find that I am struggling with the breaking of my old habits. This is especially true over the weekend when I am home. Old habits die hard. Used to be that I would grab a handful of this or that when I was in the kitchen or grab a snack, just munch, munch, munch. Like I said, it's not that I am hungry or even having any cravings, but breaking that habit has been difficult.

I am hoping for a better loss this week. I actually ended up switching some things around just because of what we were doing when. So maybe that will help bring about a better number on the scale. I do crave the routine of the work week though.

Glad to hear everyone had a great holiday weekend and so many of us were successful at staying OP!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #42  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am hearing you. My husband did the same thing to me and I caved... Sigh. I'm sure I'll spend this entire week getting back to where I was a week ago. I have lost 45 pounds though. SMILING REAL BIG NOW! Funny thing is, after the fling I woke up feeling like I had a bad hangover and hadn't even had ANY alcohol! Did I used to feel like that most of the time? YUCK!

I laughed so hard when I read about your cheat dreams. I know it is not really funny... but it really is. It tells us a lot about what is on our minds. When we start this program, food is very much on our minds... what packets to pick, should we try something new, gee I wish I was losing faster am I eating the wrong things, cook onions don't cook onions... (DON'T COOK ONIONS! You will only be hurting yourself by slowing your loss and risking getting out of ketosis... Is that cooked onion really worth it?... sorry bout that little lapse)... Anyway, so many changes are going on so fast with weigh ins and $$$ spent, it is no wonder that foods will plague our dreams. Note that I said "our." Smile.

I am really proud of you for taking care of YOU. If you don't do it, no one will and I can tell you that each of us deserves to get as healthy as we can be - it saves a fortune in doctors' bills as we age. Mine have gone down drastically. Smile. Hang in there! Your boyfriend will soon be very glad that you are being a ROCK! Smile.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #43  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

BTW... When I need cooked onions I replace them with the one bunch of scallions for every onion. They green onions (scallions) are allowed to be cooked. The flavors are truly great. Just remember to measure and count as vegetables not just as seasonings... and that is pre-cooked measurement.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Someone at work just said I look skinny! She knows I am trying really hard, but it still feels good to hear it from someone else.

Congrats to everyone who stayed OP this weekend!
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
Someone at work just said I look skinny! She knows I am trying really hard, but it still feels good to hear it from someone else.

Congrats to everyone who stayed OP this weekend!
I bet that felt great.