Old 07-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #31  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Anyone have tips for restarting?? I went off plan for a while and am up just under 10lbs. Everyday I try to get back on the wagon and end up cheating. I am feeling shame and disappointment with myself. The first 3 months I was VERY committed and lost a lot of weight. Then about 3 weeks ago I started with 1 cheat then it got me cheating a little everyday and Now I am up 10lbs. My wedding is in less than 2 weeks and I need to get my butt back OP.

It is not easy, and I need someone to kick my butt.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #32  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Biggirl86 and Shrinking Sandra....I feel your pain. I wake up every day and go to sleep every night thinking about my weight. I hate that!

This week started so good for me and now I am having a pitty party because I messed up again big time! I can't understand why I did so good the first three months and then I quit and have been slowly gaining back.

I too got rid of all my big girl clothes and my size 10 I can't even begin to squeeze into. My belly feels fat and like it is sticking out! Awful feeling.

I can't figure out how to get my mind wrapped around restarting and sticking to it. I'm open to suggestions too!
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #33  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

iowahawkeyemom I am feeling the same. First 3 months were amazing. I was motivated and the weight came off quickly.

Everyday I am now dealing with the little devil on my back. As soon as I have a taste of anything not on program, I am messed up for the whole day. At night, I know this, and tell myself that tomorrow is another day and I won;t make that same mistake again. BUT I keep doing it.

I still have carbs in my house because my daughter and fiance eat them, and I never wanted them while I was OP. Now I am struggling and the weight is creeping back up.

My stomach feels bloated and I am getting bigger everyday. This needs to stop!!

I am a stay at home mom, so it's not like I am immersed with work at a desk. I am home and my daughter likes her snacks. Fruit, crackers with cheese, pita and hummus etc. She eats healthy, but not OP for me, so I am always around "bad" foods.

Tomorrow I plan on packing my daughters lunch and my lunch in a cooler and heading out to the lake to spend the whole day there so I am not tempted to snack (or binge) Hopefully I will be home for dinnertime and then go back out to the park until bedtime just to keep my mind away from food.

Maybe you need a plan like this as well? something that will keep you busy? I remember the first time I was hungry for the first 3 or 4 days and then it got easier, so I will probably have to keep busy like this for 4 days to try and restart for good.

Good luck! keep me posted to how you are doing. Maybe we can help each other get back OP
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #34  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
iowahawkeyemom I am feeling the same. First 3 months were amazing. I was motivated and the weight came off quickly.

Everyday I am now dealing with the little devil on my back. As soon as I have a taste of anything not on program, I am messed up for the whole day. At night, I know this, and tell myself that tomorrow is another day and I won;t make that same mistake again. BUT I keep doing it.

I still have carbs in my house because my daughter and fiance eat them, and I never wanted them while I was OP. Now I am struggling and the weight is creeping back up.

My stomach feels bloated and I am getting bigger everyday. This needs to stop!!

I am a stay at home mom, so it's not like I am immersed with work at a desk. I am home and my daughter likes her snacks. Fruit, crackers with cheese, pita and hummus etc. She eats healthy, but not OP for me, so I am always around "bad" foods.

Tomorrow I plan on packing my daughters lunch and my lunch in a cooler and heading out to the lake to spend the whole day there so I am not tempted to snack (or binge) Hopefully I will be home for dinnertime and then go back out to the park until bedtime just to keep my mind away from food.

Maybe you need a plan like this as well? something that will keep you busy? I remember the first time I was hungry for the first 3 or 4 days and then it got easier, so I will probably have to keep busy like this for 4 days to try and restart for good.

Good luck! keep me posted to how you are doing. Maybe we can help each other get back OP
I do need something to keep me busy. I am a real estate broker and my hours are all over the place. Somedays I do nothing and others I am running everywhere. This week I seem to have a pretty busy schedule so maybe that will help. I know my worst time is in the evening. It seems I am constantly eating while watching tv. I'm not hungry then, just eating to be eating. Sweats are my downfall. My husband likes to have chocolate and he can have a piece of it and walk away. I finish the bag. I even had him take it out of the house but I found where he hides it in the garage frig. I really think he wouldn't mind if I asked him not to have any around. It's too hot here to keep it in his truck.

This morning I woke up and all I could think of was how much I have gained back and kicking myself for allowing it to happen. My husband's highschool class reunion is this coming weekend and now I don't want to go and let people see me. But then, I think about me weighing 165 right now and it's not like I am huge, but.....it sure feels like it. I think stress causes a lot of it. I have 3 grown kids and one has a law degree and can't find a job, one has a degree of political science and is going back to become a CPA and the last one is headed back to college for the 5th year with two more years to go and not any idea what to major in. I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders.

The park idea sounds wonderful for you and your daughter. Enjoy her while she is young. I was a stay at home mom too and loved every minute of it. I think we just need to keep ourselves busy and take it one hour at a time.

Keep in touch and good luck. I know we can do this. We don't have far to go and this time we will keep it off.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Shrinking Sandra - Wedding...how exciting!!
For that last bit of motivation, go out and buy a pair of shorts/smaller tee that is a bit too snug and hang it up where you can see it and try it on every day.
Or
Put a little post it with your currrent weight on your bathroom mirror/fridge door...to be a constant reminder and keep you in check.
I know its really hard, and as you get closer to your goal or have just been on the program for a while, you tend to get complacent. It happened to me, and now im back on phase 1(rocky start mind you) to lose all the weight i had put back on.
r101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
Ok.. I'm back on the wagon. Today was flipping phase 1 all over again. I phased off correctly in may, and the traveled for the last 5 weeks. I lost 40 lbs fast (started ip 2/2/11) but have not stuck to a phase 4 plan the last 5 to 6 weeks. And have gained 15 lbs back. (some of that was gained phasing off..) I know it's my fault, eating my way through my trip through California was amazing, but now it stinks my clothes don't fit.
I'm feeling very defeated, but am starting this again, since I have the tools to lose it.
I did enjoy the break from this diet, the scale everyday, and even this forum, but I got too relaxed about the weight loss. I have decided that I will always have a 200 plus girl trapped in my body screaming to get out.
I do enjoy catching up with some of the "oldies" progress! Great job everyone. I have had a wonderful summer though... I seriously loved everything I ate. Ok,enough reminiscing. Back to the program .
First off, Congrats on getting back on the wagon. You're inspiring me to keep at it and go back to ground zero.
Wow...I so related to what you said about having a 200 lb person stuck inside your body. Whatever our old numbers are, I think that is something a lot of us will struggle with.
I've been phased off since February and now starting to see my body change again, with flab coming back to my middle, upper thighs and arms. I think whatever resetting my pancreas has had was a temporary rest from spiking insulin, but not something that won't reverse itself with constant cheats and indulgences. In other words...there's no magic bullet here.For me, my old habits bring bring guaranteed old results. I don't think I'm burning food at any higher rate than before the program. Well...maybe a little more.
For me honestly....It still boils down to food addiction, emotional addiction to food, sugar triggers and so on. I don't think any diet can cure that. We can only do our best to deal with those triggers one day at a time.

So...what I HAVE been avoiding is exercise, something I used to be avid about. I need a kick in the pants to get back into my cardio and weight training. I think that will be my saving grace.I've also slacked off of my water intake and trying to be more mindful of that again.
What I'm grateful for today, is that I'm talking about 5 pounds and not 37 as before, and that I'm willing to look at my issues once again from a newer and way healthier vantage point. The pain in my joints is still gone and so is the reflux and constant indigestion I had before the program. A big major plus.
I am also eternally grateful for you guys out there who are phasing off, already on maintainance and sharing your struggles and triumphs, so we can all pool our resources and help each other. Have a great rest of the day.
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #37  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone...

Boy, I can really relate to the fear of gaining! I reached goal and phased off in March. I've been doing pretty well but have let myself get a little lax. Did a medical mission trip to Peru last month and had to eat what was served. Not awful; warned not to eat fresh fruits & vegies, ate lots of good carbs (rice & beans). Up a couple of pounds. Tried and tried to do some phase I days but just...couldn't...do...it!!
So, here's what I did. WARNING-NOT IP PROTOCOL.

I think I couldn't deal with the "hungry" thing. I stocked up on tons of protein and did 4 days of Atkin's-like eating with almost no carbs. Didn't limit myself volume wise. I ate when I was hungry. Today...not hungry, Yay! I am now doing phase I IP and so far so good. I realize it's only day 1 but I'll keep you posted. Good luck to us all!

Lynn

Last edited by woolberger; 07-11-2011 at 05:38 PM.
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #38  
Second time around

Hope everyone is doing great! I had a business lunch today and managed to stay op by being very careful of what I choose. Tonight I made the pudding cakes for my late snack. It made four small ones so I grab one every once in a while during the evening. It keeps me from craving something sweet.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #39  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

IWow we r all struggling with this, and yes, is hard at first and we know what we r expecting, while inducing ketosis, and that's my biggest challenge, but it'll pass and then we will begin to feel better, and our self steem will go up while losing weight. I also tend to get mad at myself everytime Itry something on and it doesn't fit , feeling huge and bloated to my belly is disgusting me, and I too don't like people see me I haven't heard no one telling me how good I look in months, I am soo depresed, I will not write anything until I am startin because I don't want to dissapoint myself anymore, but ill be struggling to start. Next posting will be whenever I ge
t back on plan.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi, Does anyone know how I can reduce the size of my picture? I had NO IDEA that it was going to appear that big, I just wanted the thumbnail in the upper left corner like everyone else!
Yes, excuses. There's always an excuse not to start. Always. I went through some unpleasant experiences with co-workers 6 weeks ago and used it as an excuse for a carb saturated pity party. I literally just had no interest in dieting - at all. But I payed a huge price. So, I started back on today. It wasn't hard, I feel fine, lighter, and calmer. I'm an actor and about to do a bunch of new plays in my theatre companies New Playwright's Festival and I'm in charge of baking cupcakes for the parties (7 straight nights of Festival). It will be a challenge, but I think I can do it. When I'm on the mission, I'm not distracted, not interested in cheats. I don't have a lot of variety in my meals, but enjoy what I eat. I love my omelette in the am, or the cinnamon soy puffs, love my big salad, and tonight had roasted asparagus and grilled white fish. All very satisfying.
Legaleagle and iowahawkeye, I hope you had a great day. I love that there are several of us facing similar struggles, it's wonderful to know I'm not alone.
You want to add your picture as your avatar.
Try that.
Mary
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi, Does anyone know how I can reduce the size of my picture? I had NO IDEA that it was going to appear that big, I just wanted the thumbnail in the upper left corner like everyone else!
Yes, excuses. There's always an excuse not to start. Always. I went through some unpleasant experiences with co-workers 6 weeks ago and used it as an excuse for a carb saturated pity party. I literally just had no interest in dieting - at all. But I payed a huge price. So, I started back on today. It wasn't hard, I feel fine, lighter, and calmer. I'm an actor and about to do a bunch of new plays in my theatre companies New Playwright's Festival and I'm in charge of baking cupcakes for the parties (7 straight nights of Festival). It will be a challenge, but I think I can do it. When I'm on the mission, I'm not distracted, not interested in cheats. I don't have a lot of variety in my meals, but enjoy what I eat. I love my omelette in the am, or the cinnamon soy puffs, love my big salad, and tonight had roasted asparagus and grilled white fish. All very satisfying.
Legaleagle and iowahawkeye, I hope you had a great day. I love that there are several of us facing similar struggles, it's wonderful to know I'm not alone.
Take your photo out of your signature then add it as an avatar. Ooops!!!! I see that Mary already answered!

Last edited by blkbmr06; 07-17-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: oops!
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default I too am back after falling off the IP Wagon :(

Hello Everyone

After reading this thread I was so relieved to hear that others had done the same as I. I was doing so well and feeling so great!!! When we were in Az this past winter it was so great to be able to go out to eat without worrying I would have an attach of the big D due to IBS. Soooo, slowly I started to eat more of the bad stuff and slowllllly I was sliding off that IP wagon. Well this past June I hit the dirt HARD when I realized I couldn't get into the beautiful clothes I had bought in AZ So here I am, back on the IP Wagon, this time to do it RIGHT!!!!
I also gained the weight around the middle, have rolls where I never had them before.... what the heck is that!!!!

Any way...my new mantra is: JUST FOR TODAY....

Glad to be back
Gaile
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #43  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Hello Everyone

After reading this thread I was so relieved to hear that others had done the same as I. I was doing so well and feeling so great!!! When we were in Az this past winter it was so great to be able to go out to eat without worrying I would have an attach of the big D due to IBS. Soooo, slowly I started to eat more of the bad stuff and slowllllly I was sliding off that IP wagon. Well this past June I hit the dirt HARD when I realized I couldn't get into the beautiful clothes I had bought in AZ So here I am, back on the IP Wagon, this time to do it RIGHT!!!!
I also gained the weight around the middle, have rolls where I never had them before.... what the heck is that!!!!

Glad to be back
Gaile
Glad to see you back on here! I was wondering how you were doing. Also wondering where Carla is. I was in AZ last winter too and some of the weight has found it's way back on me also. I know what you mean about clothes that we bought not fitting. I am having such a hard time getting back on. I'm on and then I'm off. Not good. Hoping to get myself motivated again.

Good to see you back on here and take care.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
What is it that keeps you from maintaining the loss? I am 5 weeks into this and loving it. But I have tons of questions about life after you phase out.

I too am 5 weeks in. Good luck to you
Airmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Hello Everyone

Glad to be back
Gaile
My coach warned me that it is difficult to go back OP after phasing off, boy was he right! I like your mantra JUST FOR TODAY….

Let’s all try to stay OP just for today. All those new clothes are calling.
Mary
marypeter is offline   Reply With Quote