Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Does anyone know how I can reduce the size of my picture? I had NO IDEA that it was going to appear that big, I just wanted the thumbnail in the upper left corner like everyone else!
Yes, excuses. There's always an excuse not to start. Always. I went through some unpleasant experiences with co-workers 6 weeks ago and used it as an excuse for a carb saturated pity party. I literally just had no interest in dieting - at all. But I payed a huge price. So, I started back on today. It wasn't hard, I feel fine, lighter, and calmer. I'm an actor and about to do a bunch of new plays in my theatre companies New Playwright's Festival and I'm in charge of baking cupcakes for the parties (7 straight nights of Festival). It will be a challenge, but I think I can do it. When I'm on the mission, I'm not distracted, not interested in cheats. I don't have a lot of variety in my meals, but enjoy what I eat. I love my omelette in the am, or the cinnamon soy puffs, love my big salad, and tonight had roasted asparagus and grilled white fish. All very satisfying.
Legaleagle and iowahawkeye, I hope you had a great day. I love that there are several of us facing similar struggles, it's wonderful to know I'm not alone.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks esammy12 and iowahawkeyemom! The support is incredible on this website.. what a blessing, indeed!

Iowahawkeyemom, I know how you feel about the weight gain and thinking that everyone notices it... in reality, not many people will notice a 10 lb gain for you, I am sure! But, I totally understand being so incredibly self conscious of it that you subsequently become paranoid that everyone is thinking about your weight gain and noticing it, especially when we work so hard to lose it in the first place! Everyone made comments at my wedding about how amazing I looked - and now, I feel as though I have become a disappointment, not only to myself, but to my new husband as well (which, btw, he could care less about! such a good guy!).. Anyway, I could tell you not to worry about it, but, knowing how this goes, I know that you will continue to worry (as I do every day!).. Therefore, let's use this developed "paranoia" as inspiration to continue and stay on program! I don't know about you, but thinking about people looking at me all day and believing that they are judging me is simply driving me nutty (especially my crazy mother-in-law! hehe)! I want people to look at me for other reasons! But, again, I highly doubt that anyone notices your gain... keep up the amazing work, as you've lost quite a bit already!

Esammy12 - I had to comment on the cinnamon soy puffs - my favorite! Those, along with the chocolate soy puffs, are what get me through.. I save them for the evening as my special "treat" for getting through the day! Just an FYI, I order my chocolate soy puffs through Nashua Nutrition at a significant savings (especially since I eat them every day!).. Hopefully these treats will get you through your baking this week! My gosh.. what strength!!!! And, btw, your picture is gorgeous!! And simply lovely at the size it's at.. However, I have absolutely no idea how to change anything on this website.. so I am sorry that I cannot be of any assistance with that!

So.. Today and yesterday I have been OP! Very proud, as I am a daily weigher, this morning my scale said I was down 2.8 pounds already! Love love love IP.. This diet is a God-send!

Lots of strength to y'all for today to stay on program!!!!!
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi, all!

Thank you so much for this post. I, too, have come back as of yesterday. Went into maintenance last Nov., did really well, then by just not paying so much attention, gained 6 pounds.

So let's all get back "on the wagon" and get our health and energy back.

Mary
marypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #19  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

esammy12..maybe try reducing the size of the picture and instead of on your signature area, try the profile area. Not sure, but maybe worth a try. It's a grea picture though.

LegalEagle....I like the way you mentioned how to use this "paranoia" You must have a great husband...mine is the same. I did hear him talking to one of his friends on the phone a while back. His friend hadn't seen me for over a year and we were planning a trip to see them. Well, I was 10 pounds lighter then, than now, but my husband said to him, "you're not going to believe how much my wife has changed in looks." When we got to his friends house, he told me that he thought my hubby had fallen in love all over again with me He had never once mentioned my weight before I started this plan. Makes me all warm to hear.

Well, I made it through the 3rd day back. Hopefully the scale will show some progress next Monday when I weigh in.

Keep on plan everyone.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

So, from what I understand, those of you who gained some weight back did not follow Phase IV, correct? I am 5 weeks into IP and so far I am loving it. I have read through all of the Phasing paperwork and from what I can tell, I will not have a problem following Phase IV as my "normal" way to eat, and I believe it is something I can follow 90% of the time (exceptions for vacations, etc...). I am a very habitual eater and I thrive on routine. I am very curious, because my biggest fear is gaining the weight back.

Also, did you do the proper phase off or did you just stop IP cold? No other diet I have ever done has worked for me like IP and I would love to think this is my "last diet"
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
LegalEagle....I like the way you mentioned how to use this "paranoia" You must have a great husband...mine is the same. I did hear him talking to one of his friends on the phone a while back. His friend hadn't seen me for over a year and we were planning a trip to see them. Well, I was 10 pounds lighter then, than now, but my husband said to him, "you're not going to believe how much my wife has changed in looks." When we got to his friends house, he told me that he thought my hubby had fallen in love all over again with me He had never once mentioned my weight before I started this plan. Makes me all warm to hear.
Keep on plan everyone.
Yes, I have an amazing husband! He tells me I am beautiful all the time.. in spite of my "rebound".. And it sounds like you have quite the keeper as well! How sweet that he brags to his friends about you... It's funny how we see ourselves in such a different light than the ones who love us.. We can be so critical of ourselves.. Hope you are having a great day OP!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
So, from what I understand, those of you who gained some weight back did not follow Phase IV, correct? I am 5 weeks into IP and so far I am loving it. I have read through all of the Phasing paperwork and from what I can tell, I will not have a problem following Phase IV as my "normal" way to eat, and I believe it is something I can follow 90% of the time (exceptions for vacations, etc...). I am a very habitual eater and I thrive on routine. I am very curious, because my biggest fear is gaining the weight back.

Also, did you do the proper phase off or did you just stop IP cold? No other diet I have ever done has worked for me like IP and I would love to think this is my "last diet"
Hi Jennydoodle! You got me.. I totally went off IP cold!!! oops! It was absolutely my fault and I am a complete example of what NOT to do on IP! Contrary to my Dr's advice, I stayed in Phase I up until a couple of days before my wedding last November to lose as much weight as possible and then, you got it, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding day, honeymoon, holidays.... It spiraled out of control! While I have never eaten terribly (I am an organic eater and typically do not eat anything processed (except for IP products).. I also am not a big eater overall), six years ago I developed hypothyroidism and subsequently gained 60 pounds very quickly without changing anything pertaining to my diet or exercise routine. Accordingly, due to the hypothyroid I cannot eat "normally" or else I gain weight extremely quickly. Even simply having a bowl of wheat pasta would result in a 3 pound gain the next day. This time around I am not under any time constraints (like my wedding) and my goal is to lose it as I lose it and go through the proper phases... You are right, IP is the only diet that really works (especially for me with my thyroid disorder).. but if you are not strictly adhering to the diet's guidelines, I am a perfect example of what happens!

Best of luck to you!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

That is good to know. Thank you! I know it sucks that you went through it, but I certainly appreciate your honesty and sharing your experience with us here. I have a big vacation coming up in Sept. and whether or not I am at my goal, my plan is to phase off and then after my vacation, come back into phase I. Like you, I am a very healthy eater, and before IP I did not eat anything processed. I am very sensitive to carbs and gluten and will have to watch that my whole life. On any other diet, I would be excited to lose 1/2 pound a week, so this diet has really been a godsend.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:

Jennydoodle,

I phased out properly and did well on maintenance for 7 months. Then a trip to Africa where it was impossible to eat properly, then honestly just an occasional whole-wheat pita and a sugar-free chocolate, and bingo, 6 pounds. I’m also not good at a full-blown “cheat day” once a week. Maybe being hypothyroid and having yo-yo dieted for many years causes the body’s set point to lower? Which is why in maintenance we’re supposed to have those cheat days…

IP is a great program and it will work for you. Worst case, you gain a few pounds and go back to Phase 1 and phase back out.

Good luck!
Mary
marypeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #25  
Second time around

Quote:

I stopped cold in early December with every intention of restarting in January. Well it's now July....I kept finding reasons to put it off. I gained most of the 10 pounds back before March and have been holding the same since then.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Quote:

Jennydoodle, I quit cold turkey. I had every intention of starting back up, and as a diabetic (I can never eat too many carbs at one time or my blood sugar goes up and I don't like the feeling) and as a hypothyroid and also someone who doesn't have a gallbladder (the organ that breaks down fats) I am a fat making machine. I have to be vigilant and diligent to keep from gaining weight. I eat no carbs, exercise for 45 minutes a day and am still very, very heavy, which I was not for most of my life. It just all changed practically overnight. So when I quit IP - I did not splurge, or binge, or do anything extraordinary except go back to my regular eating habits for 6 weeks. I was shocked, SHOCKED and betrayed, and just SHOCKED that I gained 23 lbs. back in 6 weeks. I just can't believe it. Yes, I lost weight (mostly inches) on IP, but I cannot believe how quickly and effortlessly every single lb. plus a few leapt back onto my body, and all around my waist. I'm upset about it. It feels like a Twilight Zone episode, just unreal. Never have I gained that much weight in so short a time, you'd think I was eating entire sheet cakes every day to have something like that happen. But, I guess it's because you have to go through the phases, slowly introducing carbs back into the system. I don't know, I just don't know if I trust that I'll ever be able to eat anything but these IP packets again for the rest of my life if I want to get, or stay, small. I lost 40 lbs over the last few years by low carbing and exercising, those have stayed off. I don't know....
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #27  
Second time around

Hope everyone is doing great! I'm sitting under my pergola with a huge glass of ice water instead of my usual cold beer on a Saturday night. What a boring life I have. Oh well, at least tomorrow I won't have a headache.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

Ok.. I'm back on the wagon. Today was flipping phase 1 all over again. I phased off correctly in may, and the traveled for the last 5 weeks. I lost 40 lbs fast (started ip 2/2/11) but have not stuck to a phase 4 plan the last 5 to 6 weeks. And have gained 15 lbs back. (some of that was gained phasing off..) I know it's my fault, eating my way through my trip through California was amazing, but now it stinks my clothes don't fit.
I'm feeling very defeated, but am starting this again, since I have the tools to lose it.
I did enjoy the break from this diet, the scale everyday, and even this forum, but I got too relaxed about the weight loss. I have decided that I will always have a 200 plus girl trapped in my body screaming to get out.
I do enjoy catching up with some of the "oldies" progress! Great job everyone. I have had a wonderful summer though... I seriously loved everything I ate. Ok,enough reminiscing. Back to the program .
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #29  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

the title of this thread spoke directly to me, too. You can read the synopsis in my signature, but my story is so similar to others posting here. I phased off properly, but went back to old habits. Mary, I too struggle with the one cheat day - I could cheat a little, but it became a little everyday and now I'm here. It is okay, however. IP works and I am confident I have learned what to do and we'll get there if we keep on protocol. I have also struggled with a bit of shame and worried that some co-workers are saying "she is gaining it back." I realize that is mostly in my head I have plenty of upcoming things where I could have postponed getting back on the program, but I am motivated to make it work now, whatever the sacrifice.

I am using alternative products (new lifestyle RTD and some of the non-aspartame healthsmart drinks from Nashua Nutrition) and eating the lower carb veggies. One of the last things I got from my coach last December was another bottle of potassium tablets, which was fortuitous! I take the equivalent to the other vitamins. I am also working with a personal trainer, so I only use restricted bars on days I weight train. I play hockey on a woman's team and am trying to drop the fat and gain muscle for the start of the season.

I never was one for lots of posts, although I read a lot on this board. I have been spending time re-reading a few threads and it is great to see how some of my old contemporaries have done and are still doing. I look forward to seeing how this group does, too. WE CAN DO THIS! Think of what we have learned! I remember how drinking close to a gallon of water a day really helped me. Another thing that helps me is pretty much staying to the same meals each day. Since I don't have that much to lose, that works best for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi, Does anyone know how I can reduce the size of my picture? I had NO IDEA that it was going to appear that big, I just wanted the thumbnail in the upper left corner like everyone else!
esammy12, I think it is a beautiful picture, too, but I think you may have it uploaded it in your signature. The little photo in the corner (in my case, a columbine) is called an avatar. Go to your Control Panel and click on Edit Avatar. Go to the bottom on that page and select the radio button "Use Custom Avatar" and upload your photo there from your computer in Option 2. Hope that works for you.

LET'S STAY STRONG! We are not alone.
the wonder cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #30  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default tanx for ur replays everyone!

I feel so Identify with all of you, because I also wake up, and go to sleep thinking about my body, and how much weight I have to lose., on the other hand I also feel that everyone notice my weight gain, like one friend I found, whom hasn't seen me since I was 155 lbs, told me that I actually look better now, that Im a little chubier than before, not to mention my hubby who told me yesterday, your hips are getting like before, yif you keep eating the way you are, youll be looking like before it was sooo depressed to heard that, especially when I am struggling against everything around me everyday. The results to all these is more weight gain do to anxiety, I gained 3lbs on top of what I'd gained, and I feel more depressed than when I started my goal of getting back on plan, it is so hard!. I also threw all my fat clothes away, and most of my "skinny clothes dont fit me" I also keep putting excuses to delay the process Is to hot to cook, I have no time, that looks too good to resist, and the most popular one, I WILL START TOMORROW, SO LET ME EAT THIS. All I know is that if I did it once I can definetively do it again!! and I am not giving up.

Thanx everyone, I"ll have to change my tracker to a higher # unfortunately
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote