3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Looking for other IP users in Mississippi or Louisiana (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237116-looking-other-ip-users-mississippi-louisiana.html)

gettinmygrooveback 07-18-2011 01:49 PM

Rant away.....I've actually been "holding back" my words for fear of sounding negative. Like my daddy always said...s@@t or get off the pot! We all have to make our choices and it looks like ALL of us here have made the right one.

Good girls...first weigh-ins. How exciting! Positive energy and thoughts heading your way.

whirly...Ideal To Go allows people with no clinic/personal coaching to purchase IP products online. Since you are already registered in the program, I don't think you are allowed to access it online. I take it its a business thing!

Zuchinni and mushrooms for lunch followed by a vanilla pudding with cinammon converted to an ice cold drink. Yummy!

12 hours of work left before I am gone pecan.......:sunny:

gettinmygrooveback 07-18-2011 01:54 PM

Informed my beach excursion buddy today that I had made a conscience decision NOT to drink on my vaca. There were several moments of silence before she said “It’s not going to be as much fun”. This is going to be stange……..

wuv2bloved 07-18-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback (Post 3942825)
Rant away.....I've actually been "holding back" my words for fear of sounding negative. Like my daddy always said...s@@t or get off the pot! We all have to make our choices and it looks like ALL of us here have made the right one.

Good girls...first weigh-ins. How exciting! Positive energy and thoughts heading your way.

whirly...Ideal To Go allows people with no clinic/personal coaching to purchase IP products online. Since you are already registered in the program, I don't think you are allowed to access it online. I take it its a business thing!

Zuchinni and mushrooms for lunch followed by a vanilla pudding with cinammon converted to an ice cold drink. Yummy!

12 hours of work left before I am gone pecan.......:sunny:

I posted yesterday on one of the forums, it was a rant I guess you could say about the negativity. It drives me crazy. Oh by the way, I realized today that I had said when I first started I wanted to lose 50lbs by graduation and I DID IT!! actually its going to be a little more cuz I weigh in on Wednesday so we will see!. Also, Betty on the FB page is my mom, she is in Lafayette. She is doing the alternative and she also helps my brother with IP. She cooks his food and stuff, he is in a wheelchair (was in an 18wheeler accident 4 yrs ago) but he has lost 27lbs, we are always comparing foods.....lol. Its great to have everyone so involved. Y'all have become an extended family and great friends!

OHHHHH...and I have to tell y'all one of my youngest son's friend came over yesterday he made me laugh he said Ms Lisa you have lost weight in your boobs haven't you? I said yup he said I can tell....I had on a sketti strap shirt (my home shirt) on. He said keep up the good work....I said I will...hahaha

Celticgirl 07-18-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 3942840)
I posted yesterday on one of the forums, it was a rant I guess you could say about the negativity. It drives me crazy. Oh by the way, I realized today that I had said when I first started I wanted to lose 50lbs by graduation and I DID IT!! actually its going to be a little more cuz I weigh in on Wednesday so we will see!. Also, Betty on the FB page is my mom, she is in Lafayette. She is doing the alternative and she also helps my brother with IP. She cooks his food and stuff, he is in a wheelchair (was in an 18wheeler accident 4 yrs ago) but he has lost 27lbs, we are always comparing foods.....lol. Its great to have everyone so involved. Y'all have become an extended family and great friends!

OHHHHH...and I have to tell y'all one of my youngest son's friend came over yesterday he made me laugh he said Ms Lisa you have lost weight in your boobs haven't you? I said yup he said I can tell....I had on a sketti strap shirt (my home shirt) on. He said keep up the good work....I said I will...hahaha

Oh how funny. Out of the mouths of babes. Gotta love them.

Celticgirl 07-18-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback (Post 3942836)
Informed my beach excursion buddy today that I had made a conscience decision NOT to drink on my vaca. There were several moments of silence before she said “It’s not going to be as much fun”. This is going to be stange……..

I wonder why we equate liquor with being fun? Before IP I was a red wine and margarita drinker. Haven't really missed it. Especially the after effects. I would hope my personality would stand on its own.

She'll be alright and you can show her just how fun you are without it. :p

wuv2bloved 07-18-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback (Post 3942836)

You are from Louisiana we are FUN regardless if we are drinking or not. You will remember what you have done not wish you wouldn't of done something and feel great in the morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celticgirl (Post 3942854)
Oh how funny. Out of the mouths of babes. Gotta love them.

He is my youngest best friend he is like another son, always here. I am going to miss those 2 come August when they go back to college

:?:

gettinmygrooveback 07-18-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 3942840)
I posted yesterday on one of the forums, it was a rant I guess you could OHHHHH...and I have to tell y'all one of my youngest son's friend came over yesterday he made me laugh he said Ms Lisa you have lost weight in your boobs haven't you? I said yup he said I can tell....I had on a sketti strap shirt (my home shirt) on. He said keep up the good work....I said I will...hahaha

MEN!!!! But at least he noticed. This past weekend, my son, his fiancee and my nephew......not ONE WORD. Grrrrr!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celticgirl (Post 3942857)
I wonder why we equate liquor with being fun? Before IP I was a red wine and margarita drinker. Haven't really missed it. Especially the after effects. I would hope my personality would stand on its own.

She'll be alright and you can show her just how fun you are without it. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 3942903)
You are from Louisiana we are FUN regardless if we are drinking or not. You will remember what you have done not wish you wouldn't of done something and feel great in the morning.

I think its just because of how we grew up with the alcohol in our lives. I haven't missed it either. The last time I drank was at Jazz Fest and it was very little. At first I didn't think I could but I now know I can do without at this time in my life. I've worked to hard to loose ground on this journey. I am not expecting any huge weight loss while away but then again, life is full of surprises. Barb has been in my life for the past 30 years. Our children have grown up together and consider themselves cousins. This trip together has always been a way for us to blow off steam and spend some time together. (she lives in AL) I have a feeling she will end up curtailing her drinking as well. I just surprised her. I'm such a great influence! :D To quote Lisa....I GOT THIS! :D

wuv2bloved 07-18-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback (Post 3942948)
MEN!!!! But at least he noticed. This past weekend, my son, his fiancee and my nephew......not ONE WORD. Grrrrr!

I think its just because of how we grew up with the alcohol in our lives. I haven't missed it either. The last time I drank was at Jazz Fest and it was very little. At first I didn't think I could but I now know I can do without at this time in my life. I've worked to hard to loose ground on this journey. I am not expecting any huge weight loss while away but then again, life is full of surprises. Barb has been in my life for the past 30 years. Our children have grown up together and consider themselves cousins. This trip together has always been a way for us to blow off steam and spend some time together. (she lives in AL) I have a feeling she will end up curtailing her drinking as well. I just surprised her. I'm such a great influence! :D To quote Lisa....I GOT THIS! :D

YES you do HAVE THIS!!... Once people see how well we do they want to be like us..hahah...strange isn't it, once the bigger person shows they can change their eating habits the others want to follow? We will miss you while you are gone on your trip!! but we will keep you in our thoughts!

gettinmygrooveback 07-18-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 3942963)
YES you do HAVE THIS!!... Once people see how well we do they want to be like us..hahah...strange isn't it, once the bigger person shows they can change their eating habits the others want to follow? We will miss you while you are gone on your trip!! but we will keep you in our thoughts!

But what I left out and what's really interesting is she is thin as a rail..always has been. Her ex used to call her a greyhound and if you didn't know her, you might think her to be anorexic. But that's just who she is. She has already made a few comments about food and I just told her MY eating was much more strict than what she had in mind. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

Keep sending that WILLPOWER dust my way. :D

wuv2bloved 07-18-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback (Post 3942994)
But what I left out and what's really interesting is she is thin as a rail..always has been. Her ex used to call her a greyhound and if you didn't know her, you might think her to be anorexic. But that's just who she is. She has already made a few comments about food and I just told her MY eating was much more strict than what she had in mind. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

Keep sending that WILLPOWER dust my way. :D

If it keeps raining like this we will have to send it in a bottle so it can float to you!...haha

Celticgirl 07-18-2011 03:45 PM

WTH: I am feeling deflated, not discouraged but deflated. Went for my weigh in. Down 2.4#...okay was expecting that. Lost smidge over 2" (expected more than that according to my clothes fit). What got me was my fat % went up and I lost muscle mass. And my hydration level is worse.

I have been OP for 9 days. My coach is going to speak to the dr. because she's never seen numbers skew like mine did.

Does that black cloud over my head always have to hover. Can't I have something??

wuv2bloved 07-18-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celticgirl (Post 3943059)
WTH: I am feeling deflated, not discouraged but deflated. Went for my weigh in. Down 2.4#...okay was expecting that. Lost smidge over 2" (expected more than that according to my clothes fit). What got me was my fat % went up and I lost muscle mass. And my hydration level is worse.

I have been OP for 9 days. My coach is going to speak to the dr. because she's never seen numbers skew like mine did.

Does that black cloud over my head always have to hover. Can't I have something??

Girl, 2lbs is 2lbs, and the inches I don't even pay attention to those anymore. I can see and feel the difference so as long as you notice a difference I wouldn't worry about the numbers. My coach doesn't do any of the BMI and all of that. We just weigh and measure, but I don't pay much attention cuz she never puts the damn tape in the same place so its always different. YOU do NOT have a black cloud over you, YOU LOST that is all that matters!!!

Celticgirl 07-18-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 3943071)
Girl, 2lbs is 2lbs, and the inches I don't even pay attention to those anymore. I can see and feel the difference so as long as you notice a difference I wouldn't worry about the numbers. My coach doesn't do any of the BMI and all of that. We just weigh and measure, but I don't pay much attention cuz she never puts the damn tape in the same place so its always different. YOU do NOT have a black cloud over you, YOU LOST that is all that matters!!!

Thanks so much. If she hadn't done the BMI I would have felt totally different about the weight in. Next week I'm going to tell her I don't want to see the numbers.

Picked up the dill zippers sample this week. Can't wait to try them out.

Thanks again!

wuv2bloved 07-18-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celticgirl (Post 3943081)
Thanks so much. If she hadn't done the BMI I would have felt totally different about the weight in. Next week I'm going to tell her I don't want to see the numbers.

Picked up the dill zippers sample this week. Can't wait to try them out.

Thanks again!

You are welcome, I haven't tried those yet. Maybe Ill ask my coach is she has a sample to try them out. I don't want to buy the whole box and not like them.

I know how you feel though about being deflated. I felt like I had lost one week cuz I felt "smaller" when I went WI I had GAINED +.6 and was 100% OP....our bodies play games with us!

wuv2bloved 07-18-2011 05:32 PM

OK OK OK OK......... I just picked up my cap and gown and found out I am graduating with High Honors!!!! so when I got home I tried it on.....OMG.....it FLOATS on me!!!....I need about a foot off of the bottom and about 6 inches off of the sleeves and the shoulders.....we wont even talk about those....lol....I will keep it for sure cuz once I lose all of my weight I can use it to "uncover" the new me....like in the commercials ya know....hahaha