Old 06-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #16  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

8 months ago, I would have said my stomach...but I have since had two surgeries on my right arm. I'm right handed. So, my arm and my functions have been MIA for awhile...which in turn has left me very weak -- even my left arm never was really strong. So, I can't wait until I get 100% (or as good as it can get) movement in my arm again, so I can start working them out and gain back my muscle. Now, my arms are muscle-less and the muscles that were there have turned into flabby skin...
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #17  

My legs and arms. This is the first time in a long time my legs have gotten smaller. I've lost 5 inches in my thighs. Woo Hoo. And I'm ready to lose more. I love IP!
BigHorn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Physically- my stomach. That is where I carry most of my fat. My arms and legs are toned, but I am tired of wearing spanx.

Mentally- my self confidence. Like Jessica, I always admire how people can just throw together an outfit and not worry about if they look fat or not. I am by no means huge, but all of my girlfriends are like size 0 or 2, and it would feel really nice to go out and not feel like the "fat friend".
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #19  
I know I can

My entire body! I look like a bowling ball with feet and hands!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #20  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
My self respect.
I concur.

Last edited by Watkat; 06-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Definitely my stomach. I remember for a very brief time in high school I was thin and I did not have to suck in or anything because I had a flat stomach. I dream of that moment when I will be able to do that again.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #22  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesNV View Post
8 months ago, I would have said my stomach...but I have since had two surgeries on my right arm. I'm right handed. So, my arm and my functions have been MIA for awhile...which in turn has left me very weak -- even my left arm never was really strong. So, I can't wait until I get 100% (or as good as it can get) movement in my arm again, so I can start working them out and gain back my muscle. Now, my arms are muscle-less and the muscles that were there have turned into flabby skin...
I am so sorry you have gone through this. I tore a ligament in my wrist and damaged fibrocartilage in my wrist in 2004. I had three wrist surgeries, including one where they shortened my ulna bone and put a plate in, and one where they took the plate out. I have had months and months of hand therapy... and know all too well how much pain hand/swrists/arms can leaave you in. You have my full sympathy and I wish you a speedy recovery. My arm strength isn't 100%, but it's close! And the flabbiness definitely disappeared when I was doing all the hand therapy exrcises... Good luck!!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:05 AM   #23  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I would say my face first and then my tummy.. and then my legs last..
Im an apple shape..that used to have an hourglass.. but i miss seeing a thin face with defined cheeckbones..cause people look at your face first..and so i want it to look pretty and healthy first..and then my tummy..i look like im pregnant!!! but its always the hardest place to lose weight..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
I would say my face first and then my tummy.. and then my legs last..
Im an apple shape..that used to have an hourglass.. but i miss seeing a thin face with defined cheeckbones..cause people look at your face first..and so i want it to look pretty and healthy first..and then my tummy..i look like im pregnant!!! but its always the hardest place to lose weight..
I get mistaken for a pregnat woman all the time. I HATE IT! It is so embarasing when you have to tell people "no, not pregnat. I'm just fat."

So my belly is my worst feature, but I reall want to see a difference in my face and upper arms. My wedding dress is strapless so I am afraid my fat arms will be the focal point on my big day.
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

I definitely want to lose my chest. If I don't I will be having a reduction surgery. I just hate them.
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #26  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

My stomach and face, for sure. My legs and arms have always stayed with a "toned" look to them even at my highest weight.
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #27  
Results>Reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I am so sorry you have gone through this. I tore a ligament in my wrist and damaged fibrocartilage in my wrist in 2004. I had three wrist surgeries, including one where they shortened my ulna bone and put a plate in, and one where they took the plate out. I have had months and months of hand therapy... and know all too well how much pain hand/swrists/arms can leaave you in. You have my full sympathy and I wish you a speedy recovery. My arm strength isn't 100%, but it's close! And the flabbiness definitely disappeared when I was doing all the hand therapy exrcises... Good luck!!
Thanks for the kind words I was rear ended bad on the freeway and shattered my humerus bone which broke through the skin. That was on Oct.3rd 2010, so they put in a plate and 15 screws. During the surgery they really moved around my main cerebral nerves/tendons, so I lost all mobility in my wrist/fingers. I went to physical therapy for about 5 months after and gained it all back, slowly. Then after I was done, my surgeon (on the "LAST" checkup) realized that the bone wasn't fully bridged back together...so May 12th (a month & 1/2 ago) I had another surgery to put in a better plate and 12 better screws. They could only put in 12 because 3-4 of the old screws were broken inside the bone. This time he stayed away from the nerves...so I have mobility in my fingers/wrist still and my arm feels way better than it felt 6 months after my 1st surgery! But I can only flex my arm at about a 90 degree angle....It really sucks when you can't touch your face, do your hair, or lick some food off a finger on the right hand.hahah
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Physically - My stomach and my legs.

Mentally - My self confidence.

I got my hair cut and colored earlier in the week. It is hard to believe how much it has helped my confidence. I am wanting to look more "put together" now that I am starting to lose weight. I am still a fashion disaster though.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #29  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesNV View Post
Thanks for the kind words I was rear ended bad on the freeway and shattered my humerus bone which broke through the skin. That was on Oct.3rd 2010, so they put in a plate and 15 screws. During the surgery they really moved around my main cerebral nerves/tendons, so I lost all mobility in my wrist/fingers. I went to physical therapy for about 5 months after and gained it all back, slowly. Then after I was done, my surgeon (on the "LAST" checkup) realized that the bone wasn't fully bridged back together...so May 12th (a month & 1/2 ago) I had another surgery to put in a better plate and 12 better screws. They could only put in 12 because 3-4 of the old screws were broken inside the bone. This time he stayed away from the nerves...so I have mobility in my fingers/wrist still and my arm feels way better than it felt 6 months after my 1st surgery! But I can only flex my arm at about a 90 degree angle....It really sucks when you can't touch your face, do your hair, or lick some food off a finger on the right hand.hahah
You poor dear...

I bought a hair dryer stand... like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Hands-Adjustab...9541139&sr=8-1

And... i also had a button puller... http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4pv3imkbvb_b (mostly I wore stretchy pants).

Do you find that everyone tries to give you change back to your right hand? I was SO frustrated when I put out my left hand to get change and I had to move it over every time because people were aiming for my right hand...

I also found a medicinal mushroom that helps with inflammation, becase I was so sick of taking Advil... Check out "chaga" if you are interested. I like the liquid kind and I still use it when I have muscle aches and pains...

Take care of yourself!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #30  
Results>Reasons

I had this terminator looking brace on my hand, so I'd kind of get irritated when people would hand me pens (like to sign my signature on things)...But usually people were fascinated by my scars and such, so it didn't really bother me, I just kind of laughed it off like "DUH you!" lol

I did enjoy learning how to write with my left hand. It looked like scraggly crap, but I did get better. I envied the people that had great penmanship with their left hand (my nurse). Also, all my vehicles are stick shift...so I didn't drive for awhile, and then when I got confident I steered and shifted with my left arm only. haha...Okay...my knee assisted in the steering.=] Thanks for the links for the tools. I've learned how to put my hair up with a clip, and after many tears and screaming, I finally taught the boyfriend how to give me a ponytail.