Weight Loss and Clothing Sizes - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Wow only 30 lbs and you went down 3 sizes....thats crazy. Not here I can button easy but thats it
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #17  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

I think this is different for every body. I am tall and good news/bad news I can be a size 14 at 214-190. It took me 36 pounds to drop a pant size and from there it has been super quick - I went from a 14 to a 12 skipped 10's went to 8's and now at 159 pounds I am in a comfortable 6 and in some cases (depending on how much stretch is in the material - some designers cut bigger then others) a 4. I dropped band sizes in my bra - I went from a 38 GG to a 34 DDD - 34 GG depending on the maker (sadly no cup size shrinkage) sometimes if you go down a band size you have to go up a cup size or vice versa. I definitely lost from the places I needed to loose the most (my mid section) the slowest - my butt and legs practically disappeared (and I don't tend to carry my weight in my legs or butt so this kind of sucked) before much shifted in my abdomen/waist area. Just know that however you loose it is normal for YOU. It will eventually catch up, but you may need to give it some time. Don't be surprised if it takes awhile to drop sizes and then all of a sudden bam it just sort of melts away faster then you have time to process or money to buy a new wardrobe :-)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've lost 45lbs and only gone from an 18 pants to a 10, XL shirts to medium although tight shirts are still an XL and from a 38DD to a 36D which I was really excited about. I still have 20lbs to go and am hoping to be a 4 or 6 but we'll see what happens. I lost up top fastest and my "belt of fat" as I call it and legs are losing the slowest.
I thought I'd be smaller by now. Guess not. But that's ok. I'll get there. Faster once I get back to 100% OP!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

I've lost 60 pounds and I've gone down 2 pants sizes and 2 shirt sizes. Bra size from a 42 DDD to a 38 DD. I'm on the verge of another pants size and shirt size. Its weird though like someone else said I can still get away with wearing some of the larger sizes they just fit me differently. I think part of it is that clothes aren't really designed for fat rolls lol. So before my body sort of worked in the clothes but really now they are just fitting like they should....if that makes any sense.
Losingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

I've lost 24 pounds and am finding my old pants to fit loose but the size smaller still are snug. Tops are looser...I am also losing from the top down. Would love my butt and thighs to start letting go of the ol fat
Shanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I was fitting into size 8 and now that i have lost 10 lbs I am going back to size 6 clothes that i had. But there is a pant or two that is still a size 8. So i figured not till i have lost another 10 will i fit into a 6 or 4. All I know is i cant wait
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:05 AM   #22  
Started IP 6/20/11

S/C/G: 258/246/158

Height: 5'6''

Seems like everyone is different. I dont move clothing sizes quickly. I wish i did though.
ChynaKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

I can wear a size 16 between 190 - 230 lbs. Crazy, but true. I have lost 30 lbs and I'm wearing most of the same clothes I wore at my highest weight. Anything with stretch in it is too loose by the end of the day and needs to be shrunk in the dryer before the next wear, but I can still use them. Now that I'm closer to 200 lbs I can wear some of my old 14s.
I've been losing all over pretty evenly. I'm in proportion- no matter what my weight- although I did go through a week or so when I had lost more on top and my lower half was lagging behind (no pun intended).
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 171.8/162.2

Height: 5.7

You have to remember what your losing, I have lost about 30" and 25 lbs, most of it has come off my middle, thighs etc. Although I have gone from a size L to M or S in a shirt and from a size 12 to a very nice 8 and sometimes a 6. it took me to realize that this has just happen recently. I have been on IP for 12 weeks. I would say that over the last 2 weeks or so I have really noticed a difference. lt also took me trying on different brands of clothes to notice that I was down into smaller sizes. I no longer try to cover up my rolls cuz their almost isnt any. Hang in there, all of a sudden you'll notice it. I feel so much bettter in my clothes, used to try clothes on and hate ME in the clothes, now I hate the clothes!!
40andfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

When I started my clothes were starting to get tight. I was and 18/20 pant and XL/XXL shirt at 243 pounds. I am down 18 pounds and my clothes fit good again. Some stuff is a little baggier than I like, but I am not ready to go spend money on cloths I will only be able to wear for a month. Plus some of my shirts that were XL I had not been wearing because they were too tight. I am back to wearing them. It is almost like having a new wardrobe.

I have been losing from everywhere steady. I am one of those people that store fat everywhere. My sister is also on the diet and she totally stores her fat in her mid section and she has lost 9 inches from there by only losing 20 pounds. I have lost only 2 inches from my mid section. Everyone is different.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Is this a typo? Did you mean 34D? (D and F are next to each other on the keyboard...) And I can't image a 34F having only 3 fasteners.
Nope, no typo! I am definately a 34F. Even my mom was blown away. The lady who fitted me (she is qualified...I should hope so, because it was the most expensive bra store I've ever seen!) said this happens a lot. Even tho my boobs feel smaller...they are still the same size (just a lot more saggy!). In a push up bra, i now fit perfectly in a 34 F....in a regular bra (no padding), I am a 34E. I did get fitted for my 40DD originally too, I wish I could explain it...but I have no clue why.
I am actually really concious of how big my boobs look now that I have a slimmer waist, I just don't enjoy that kind of attention, so I'm keeping myself pretty covered up!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #27  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Nope, no typo! I am definately a 34F. Even my mom was blown away. The lady who fitted me (she is qualified...I should hope so, because it was the most expensive bra store I've ever seen!) said this happens a lot. Even tho my boobs feel smaller...they are still the same size (just a lot more saggy!). In a push up bra, i now fit perfectly in a 34 F....in a regular bra (no padding), I am a 34E. I did get fitted for my 40DD originally too, I wish I could explain it...but I have no clue why.
I am actually really concious of how big my boobs look now that I have a slimmer waist, I just don't enjoy that kind of attention, so I'm keeping myself pretty covered up!
for those of you confused how her cup size went up, I will try my best to explain it.

To get bra size. First you have to measure under the boobs. now add4'' or 5'' this is your Band size. (odd or even numbers, eg if you are 33 inches around add 5, but if you are 34 around add 4)

now measure around your boobs (fullest part)

Now subtract your band measurement from boob measurement. For each inch difference your cup will go up.

Example:
Step 1: 34" under measurement +4" = 38" band
Step 2: 40" over measurement
Step 3: 40" - 38" = 2" or Cup "B"
Your size would be 38B

So basically your boobs have stayed the same size, but your band has gone down A LOT. so your cups size is now bigger.

Next time you're at a bra shop look at a 34D and a 40D HUGE difference in the cup size, even though they are both D's.

Last edited by Shrinking Sandra; 06-30-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #28  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Is this a typo? Did you mean 34D? (D and F are next to each other on the keyboard...) And I can't image a 34F having only 3 fasteners.
She may have meant F. I went from 42F to a 34G in my 40lb loss. (yup that is down in band and up in cup.) Only three hooks. Le Mystere prides themselves on great support without all the extra hooks.
natchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #29  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I have only lost 15lbs and so far I can't go down any sizes. I sure hope when I lose another 15 I will at least go down one pant size and shirt size. I have a walk in closet full of clothes I can not wear
TinaCleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
for those of you confused how her cup size went up, I will try my best to explain it.

To get bra size. First you have to measure under the boobs. now add4'' or 5'' this is your Band size. (odd or even numbers, eg if you are 33 inches around add 5, but if you are 34 around add 4)

now measure around your boobs (fullest part)

Now subtract your band measurement from boob measurement. For each inch difference your cup will go up.

Example:
Step 1: 34" under measurement +4" = 38" band
Step 2: 40" over measurement
Step 3: 40" - 38" = 2" or Cup "B"
Your size would be 38B

So basically your boobs have stayed the same size, but your band has gone down A LOT. so your cups size is now bigger.

Next time you're at a bra shop look at a 34D and a 40D HUGE difference in the cup size, even though they are both D's.
Thanks Shrinking Sandra! that makes complete sense!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote