Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 28

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday:Daily Chat Monday June 27
Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #2  
Space Hamster

S/C/G: 175... 145/135/120

Height: 5'1"

Good morning fellow IPers.

So I am a bit bummed today. After two weeks of stalls/gain that my coach decided was due to TOM, I saw my home scale start dropping again. THEN, on Saturday, TOM decided to visit AGAIN, after only being gone a week .

I know others said that starting this diet played havoc on TOM, but I don't want a repeat of stall/gain just cause my hormones are out of wack. I decided to try to be strict while it's happening (no restricteds, lower carb regulars) to try and offset the stall, but I find the hunger issues I had during the first TOM visit even worse. Even when I have food in my stomach, and I feel bloated from the amount of water I drank (imagine my belly sticking out its so full of salad and water and protein), and I still feel like I could eat a horse. Grrr.

Anyways, I can't really do much other than stay OP and hope for the best.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WijitingBoo View Post
Good morning fellow IPers.

So I am a bit bummed today. After two weeks of stalls/gain that my coach decided was due to TOM, I saw my home scale start dropping again. THEN, on Saturday, TOM decided to visit AGAIN, after only being gone a week .

I know others said that starting this diet played havoc on TOM, but I don't want a repeat of stall/gain just cause my hormones are out of wack. I decided to try to be strict while it's happening (no restricteds, lower carb regulars) to try and offset the stall, but I find the hunger issues I had during the first TOM visit even worse. Even when I have food in my stomach, and I feel bloated from the amount of water I drank (imagine my belly sticking out its so full of salad and water and protein), and I still feel like I could eat a horse. Grrr.

Anyways, I can't really do much other than stay OP and hope for the best.
I feel your pain! I had my TOM end and then show up just under a week later, and stay for ten days. TEN DAYS!!!! Arghh! So, thanks to that I am only half a pound under the weight I was at almost 3 weeks ago! Eek! But... I know once everyhting starts moving along again I will continue to lose much more quickly than if I try to go to some other diet. I keep looking at the pile of clothes that are too big now to keep me motivated! Good luck!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

WijitingBoo, Don't get discouraged. You will make it through!

Yesterday I was back OP after a bad weekend, but now I am right back to where I was Friday AM so let's hope I keep loosing like this! This is a uneventful week at work so I am just munching cucumbers and waiting for time to pass. Are there any other good IP websites out there? I need something to fill my time!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #5  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I read a lot that people snack on cucumbers during the day because it's a free food. I don't snack at all. My coach said no snacking except after dinner ( my last IP item) I eat like clockwork about every five hours. Do you reccommed snacking? I am not really hungry until right when I am supposed to eat and then I am ravenous..
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #6  
Start: 4-20-11

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I've been away from the group. I've been attending a workshop all last week and was just too pooped to do anything! I did manage to stay on program for the most part. It was VERY difficult, however, because about every hour they brought in things that just are not a part of my life anymore.

One funny thing did happen at one of the sessions... they were serving sandwiches and I could actually smell the bread! Now... this wasn't bakery bread or anything--just plain ole ordinary in-the-bag bread! I never smelled anything so good in all my life!!! I had to just laugh at myself for getting so excited about two slices of that gaggy white stuff.

Life did go on, however, and I am free of committements until the end of next month. I'm just determined to get this weight off and as you can see, I'm down 27 pounds! I'm one happy camper.

I've missed you guys and hope to continue here. Hope everyone had a wonderful week last week.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Default Cleanse / TOM

Hello beautiful IPers

I haven’t logged on in a while!!! I am stressing over this long weekend..we are having family over at the cottage for Canada Day and some of our friends want to go for drinks on Friday and a BBQ here and an evening there..so food and drinks will be flowing around! I want to be prepared with my Perrier and Cristal Light..but for the food..I will try to prepare some stuff for me on the BBQ so I don’t feel left out..and try to much on cucumbers instead of chips…it’ll be worth it!!!

WijitingBoo…I know how you feel! The last two weeks I was losing only 0.6 or 0.2…I was about to cry. I was bloooooated from everywhere, I had the big C really nothing was on my side! I knew that when TOM was coming I would be bloated, but I had no idea it would show that much! After two weeks of stalling and hardly a drop my coach said it was time that I start the cleanse…I was supposed to start it at week 3 but I had a busy weekend and I did not want to hide in the bathroom (loll) After the first 2 days, I felt immediately better, the bloating was gone, my stomach went back to normal, my face swelled down (my boyfriend could not believe my face..and I noticed as well..it looked like I had gained 10 lbs on my face LOL ) and I am now down 3.5 lbs!!! AND FINALY my TOM arrived..it all went back into place..I couldn’t believe it! I am so glad that my body went back to normal mode.

I reassure you that your body will adjust to all the changes you are doing! It is probably going crazy in there and saying : What the heck are you doing to me I was good with how things worked before…that’s when you continue the journey and have faith that it WILL adjust

I do have a question for anyone out there who has done the cleanse. Was your weight loss more successful while doing it as well as afterwards? I had done the cleanse last year, but shortly after I had to stop IP so my coach said to take the rest that I have until I am done…hopefully I will be able to get to onederland while doing the cleanse!!! Only 7 lbs left!!! (Is it normal that I am kind of scared...I honnestly don't know what I look like at 199..nor when was the last time I weighed that..ah well I told my coach that I will probably cry that day at my WI :P )

I wish you all a wonderful IP day
Old 06-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaCleg View Post
I read a lot that people snack on cucumbers during the day because it's a free food. I don't snack at all. My coach said no snacking except after dinner ( my last IP item) I eat like clockwork about every five hours. Do you reccommed snacking? I am not really hungry until right when I am supposed to eat and then I am ravenous..
My coach did tell me celery and cucumbers are free, but I don't go crazy. I don't eat any veggies on my salad at lunch. Instead I take cucumbers and celery and eat it when I feel I am really needing a snack. I don't take more than 2 cups worth with me to work, so I am still OP.

What I am having trouble with is salad dressing. I bought every kind of WF dressing out there and I hated all of them. NOw I am taking vinegar and oil to work with me, but it isn't great. Anyone have any alternitives?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
My coach did tell me celery and cucumbers are free, but I don't go crazy. I don't eat any veggies on my salad at lunch. Instead I take cucumbers and celery and eat it when I feel I am really needing a snack. I don't take more than 2 cups worth with me to work, so I am still OP.

What I am having trouble with is salad dressing. I bought every kind of WF dressing out there and I hated all of them. NOw I am taking vinegar and oil to work with me, but it isn't great. Anyone have any alternitives?
Try some olive oil, lemon, a bit of crushed garlic and pepper
Olive oil, apple cider..
Olive oil, vinegar or apple cider with mustard! that is great with spinach!

I don't really measure because I go by eye and taste..but I do make sure that I have my allowed amount of olive oil everyday!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Height: 5'5"

its funny how everyone gets little bits and pieces of different info from coaches....I would think that with such a 'scientific plan', things would be more concrete to follow! I'm only on my first week but I'm trying to stay as strict as possible! I was told that I could have 2 extra 'light' pkgs. this week if need be, but I have a feeling this eating plan will be more successful if kept on a routine...therefore I dont want to start enjoying 4 drinks a day if im going to have to scale back next week! has anyone else heard that the extras are ok?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #11  
ND girl

Good morning all my wonderful IP friends!

Have a mental battle with myself and trying not to get on the scale every morning but so want to be in "onederland" by the 4th. Really trying to just trust that it works and my body will get there.

Had 2 NSV over the weekend, was at the dirt track for 4 hours didn't have one drink just a bottle of water. The next night went out with friends and drank water all night!!
Both nights I enjoyed myself and realized that going out isn't about the food and drink it is about the friends!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Had an awesome day yesterday and now >bleh<. No motivation. Bloated. Hungry. Daydreaming about enchiladas.

Gonna chug my water this morning and go for a brisk walk to try and get myself together. Stupid hormones.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Good morning all my wonderful IP friends!

Have a mental battle with myself and trying not to get on the scale every morning but so want to be in "onederland" by the 4th. Really trying to just trust that it works and my body will get there.

Had 2 NSV over the weekend, was at the dirt track for 4 hours didn't have one drink just a bottle of water. The next night went out with friends and drank water all night!!
Both nights I enjoyed myself and realized that going out isn't about the food and drink it is about the friends!
That's fabulous! I'm finding that if I don't make a big deal about not drinking (or eating) what the others are, no one cares. no one notices but me.

I'm sure you'll reach onderland by Monday! Keep up the great work.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthesun View Post
its funny how everyone gets little bits and pieces of different info from coaches....I would think that with such a 'scientific plan', things would be more concrete to follow! I'm only on my first week but I'm trying to stay as strict as possible! I was told that I could have 2 extra 'light' pkgs. this week if need be, but I have a feeling this eating plan will be more successful if kept on a routine...therefore I dont want to start enjoying 4 drinks a day if im going to have to scale back next week! has anyone else heard that the extras are ok?
My coach said the same. I could have upto 5 packs. I used 4 most days. The 2 weeks were hard. I was hungry, had headaches and was visiting the girls room every couple hours. The extra pack is better than eating things you are not supposed to have or going off the diet. I very easily went down to 3 packs a day on week 3. I suggest if you are hungry to use the extra packet.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I've been away from the group. I've been attending a workshop all last week and was just too pooped to do anything! I did manage to stay on program for the most part. It was VERY difficult, however, because about every hour they brought in things that just are not a part of my life anymore.

One funny thing did happen at one of the sessions... they were serving sandwiches and I could actually smell the bread! Now... this wasn't bakery bread or anything--just plain ole ordinary in-the-bag bread! I never smelled anything so good in all my life!!! I had to just laugh at myself for getting so excited about two slices of that gaggy white stuff.

Life did go on, however, and I am free of committements until the end of next month. I'm just determined to get this weight off and as you can see, I'm down 27 pounds! I'm one happy camper.

I've missed you guys and hope to continue here. Hope everyone had a wonderful week last week.
Welcome back Browneyes...I realized yesterday I haven't seen anything from you for a bit. Awesome on the 27 lbs!
Closed Thread