IP Daily Chat- Tuesday, June 28 - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #31  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Has anyone else noticed they are getting severely dry skin?? My face is especially very very dry and I am breaking out. I get paper cuts very easily and always wake up with a very dry throat. I have a 32oz water bottle I carry with me always and I fill it up at least 4 times a day so I am getting double the recommended daily water
Me too - my hands are getting all dried out - I was thinking it was because I'm in a lot more dishwater than normal with all the food prep. and washing the shaker bottle, etc. But maybe there is more to it than that? I'm trying to drink around 144 oz of water a day to make my minimum intake and account for a couple of cups of tea. Perhaps that is not enough?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Good Morning all!

I've back on IP - again - and hopefully this time it sticks. I'm on day 3 today, and my ketone sticks are showing that I am definitely into ketosis. Unfortunately, I'm starving! My coach and I worked it out so I can have 1 restricted a day, right from the start (since I have so much weight to lose and I'm a diabetic) along with 3 packets. So, it's only 10am here, and I've eaten half my restricted already. I hoping that be eating only half now, and the other half at 3:30, I won't get too hungry and go overboard. Hunger is my main issue with this diet. Even when I made it three weeks, I was still starving. I tried the dill pickles, but somehow being able to eat a half jar at once doesn't seem OP to me! I'm allergic to eggs, so that option is out. I've tried lean sandwich meats - 50 grams at 35 calories, 0 fat, 0 carb, (forget the protein amount), but it still feels like I'm not OP and cheating. How does everyone else conquer hunger? I realize that by week 2 or 3 I shouldn't be hungry anymore, and this time I'm going to listen more closely to my body to make sure it's actual physical hunger, not mental hunger. But I'm scared that I'll be starving throughout this whole diet. I've committed to 6 months OP, and see what the weight loss is like before I commit to the goal weight, but my coach is thinking 10 months in total. That's a long time to be hungry. My willpower is so weak when I'm hungry, that it's too easy for my brain to say - forget it - and shovel food into my face. I've learned so far that I can't have the bars - they are way too easy to binge on. Also, I'm afraid of a repeat of last time - I did great in week 1 and lost 8 lbs, but then nothing for week 2 and 3 - even though I was so hungry all the time.

Sorry for the novel - just needed to share and get it all off my chest. Any tips, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great OP day all!

Laura, throw all that negativity out of the window!!! think of it as a new day, a new beginning. Don't remember all the negative things that have happened to you in the past with the losing of weight, think of ways to start a new beginning of the day. Different ways to fix different foods, different drinks, experiment! Try to keep your mind busy, read a book, maybe start a new craft or a new hobby. Get on here and post, you are thinking too much about being hungry. You have lost a good amount of weight already you don't wanna go back to seeing those numbers again. You have came a long way, YOU can do this! we are all here to support each other, use us as your sound board!!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
My coach did tell me celery and cucumbers are free, but I don't go crazy. I don't eat any veggies on my salad at lunch. Instead I take cucumbers and celery and eat it when I feel I am really needing a snack. I don't take more than 2 cups worth with me to work, so I am still OP.

What I am having trouble with is salad dressing. I bought every kind of WF dressing out there and I hated all of them. NOw I am taking vinegar and oil to work with me, but it isn't great. Anyone have any alternitives?
I make my own salad dressing:

1 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 garlic cloves pressed
1/2 cup of splenda (can use less depends how sweet you want)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp real salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

I love this dressing and I only use a little bit but it goes a long way. It is the only dressing I use.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #34  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Me too - my hands are getting all dried out - I was thinking it was because I'm in a lot more dishwater than normal with all the food prep. and washing the shaker bottle, etc. But maybe there is more to it than that? I'm trying to drink around 144 oz of water a day to make my minimum intake and account for a couple of cups of tea. Perhaps that is not enough?
LOL thats true I do find I am doing a lot more dish washing now! I have a weigh in Thursday I am going to ask my coach. I'll let you know if she gives me any good ideas! I guess for now I could try drinking even more water? AHHH
Old 06-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/198/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
LOL thats true I do find I am doing a lot more dish washing now! I have a weigh in Thursday I am going to ask my coach. I'll let you know if she gives me any good ideas! I guess for now I could try drinking even more water? AHHH

You know, I've actually noticed that my skin is getting extremely soft! I've been on ip for 6 weeks and I think I noticed it after 3. My husband said something about it too. I figured it was the water...
Old 06-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

isn't the dry skin not fromlack of water, but because we are eating so little oil?
Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #37  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm with Carrie, my skin actually looks better and softer than it did before IP. I do drink a ton of water, at least 100 ozs per day.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #38  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
isn't the dry skin not fromlack of water, but because we are eating so little oil?
Yes. Try adding flaxseed oil capsules to the slew of vitamins each day... My skin has been nothing but fantastic on this diet, but I do take flaxseed because I want my Omega 3's and I am allergic to seafood/fish.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #39  

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed they are getting severely dry skin?? My face is especially very very dry and I am breaking out. I get paper cuts very easily and always wake up with a very dry throat. I have a 32oz water bottle I carry with me always and I fill it up at least 4 times a day so I am getting double the recommended daily water
You may want to start taking an OMEGA OIL supplement, my coach recommended I do that and it helped lots with the dry skin

Quote:
Good Morning all!

I've back on IP - again - and hopefully this time it sticks. I'm on day 3 today, and my ketone sticks are showing that I am definitely into ketosis. Unfortunately, I'm starving! My coach and I worked it out so I can have 1 restricted a day, right from the start (since I have so much weight to lose and I'm a diabetic) along with 3 packets. So, it's only 10am here, and I've eaten half my restricted already. I hoping that be eating only half now, and the other half at 3:30, I won't get too hungry and go overboard. Hunger is my main issue with this diet. Even when I made it three weeks, I was still starving. I tried the dill pickles, but somehow being able to eat a half jar at once doesn't seem OP to me! I'm allergic to eggs, so that option is out. I've tried lean sandwich meats - 50 grams at 35 calories, 0 fat, 0 carb, (forget the protein amount), but it still feels like I'm not OP and cheating. How does everyone else conquer hunger? I realize that by week 2 or 3 I shouldn't be hungry anymore, and this time I'm going to listen more closely to my body to make sure it's actual physical hunger, not mental hunger. But I'm scared that I'll be starving throughout this whole diet. I've committed to 6 months OP, and see what the weight loss is like before I commit to the goal weight, but my coach is thinking 10 months in total. That's a long time to be hungry. My willpower is so weak when I'm hungry, that it's too easy for my brain to say - forget it - and shovel food into my face. I've learned so far that I can't have the bars - they are way too easy to binge on. Also, I'm afraid of a repeat of last time - I did great in week 1 and lost 8 lbs, but then nothing for week 2 and 3 - even though I was so hungry all the time.

Sorry for the novel - just needed to share and get it all off my chest. Any tips, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great OP day all!
Welcome back, I used to find I was hungry alot on this program, much of it is mental and boredom hunger. The deeper into the program I get and the longer I'm in ketosis for the more that feeling subsides, hopefully you will start to feel the same sooner than later!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

So day 2 on the diet, Im already in headache stange & im really trying to FORCE myself to drink, but im not thirsty & im constantly peeing ! but im surprisingly not hungry either !!

Anyways, is there a certain amount of salad dressing your allowed ?? & is the veggies that you defrost ok ? I noticed the broccoli I ate yesterday had some surgar in it ??

I know this isn't going to be easy but i'm in this for the long hall ! Last night my boyfriend has portugese steak & french fries, it almost killed me to be in the room with him ... thats CRUEL, but beauty is PAIN
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I've been away from the group. I've been attending a workshop all last week and was just too pooped to do anything! I did manage to stay on program for the most part. It was VERY difficult, however, because about every hour they brought in things that just are not a part of my life anymore.

One funny thing did happen at one of the sessions... they were serving sandwiches and I could actually smell the bread! Now... this wasn't bakery bread or anything--just plain ole ordinary in-the-bag bread! I never smelled anything so good in all my life!!! I had to just laugh at myself for getting so excited about two slices of that gaggy white stuff.

Life did go on, however, and I am free of committements until the end of next month. I'm just determined to get this weight off and as you can see, I'm down 27 pounds! I'm one happy camper.

I've missed you guys and hope to continue here. Hope everyone had a wonderful week last week.
I have on a few occassions found myself sniffing my little guys bread as I make is sandwich for lunch...I mean hold up to my nose deep sniffing lol...
Old 06-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!!! I am certainly encouraged by everyones cheers!!!! This week is going so slow and I feel like I'm in a twilight zone at work! Not sure if its because of this diet or I would just rather be at home with my toddler!!!! There are so many moments in the day that I crave to be at home, but in reality we cannot afford it!! Anyway, I went to Target today to get something for my son and found myself walking past the food section and started thinking of all the "stuff" I cant have and started to bum out........but then I look down and realize my pants fit looser and my wedding ring comes off really easy, and I loose that funk and keep walking!! I feel so much better physically and mentally!! I am so thankful for this program!!!

I KNOW I can do this!!!! And so can YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #43  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I make my son a peanut butter sandwich for cmp every morning and if any gets on my finger it's all I can do not to lick it off !! I also wash my hands after portioning out his potato chips...it's sad...lol
Old 06-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Home sick today, so I am getting caught up my reading here. I just can't eat anything today, everything sounds gross.

We've been doing a lot of work on our house lately, and hopefully we'll be all done with that soon. It takes so much effort to stay OP during all of this work that is going on, before IP, I don't think I could have done it. Actually I have really surprised myself. This has really become part of my way of life. I have to plan ahead and be prepared, and I've come to far to screw it up now.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #45  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have on a few occassions found myself sniffing my little guys bread as I make is sandwich for lunch...I mean hold up to my nose deep sniffing lol...
LOL me too. I never ate pb and j sandwich's but now I look at my sons and practically drool.

I hear you all on the hunger thing. For probably the first month I felt hungry quite a bit but over time that has subsided and I find the more water I drink and the less I think about it the better I am. It does seem like every new situation must be conquered though. For instance, not having popcorn at the movie theatre!
Closed Thread