Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #16  
I know I can

Today was week 4 for me. Lost 12 pounds for the month.
Not fabulous, but, hey, I will take it!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
I've been on IP for 6 weeks now. Today I am starving for some reason. I haven't felt like this since the first 2 days OP! Chugging water, but ready to dig into a packet even though it is only 10am. Keytone strips show low-moderate levels. What is up?
I think it is just your body adjusting, have the packet it won't hurt and better than those tempting things. I had the same thing happen to me and I had a pickle and that seemed to help. So I have a pickle on hand in case it comes back. I seem to go through stages, where one week is a hungry week and one where I am not hungry at all.... it could be just our brains realizing that hey we haven't had any junk food in a while whats going on... but for me it does come and go. I just learn to have a tea or a pickle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Today was week 4 for me. Lost 12 pounds for the month.
Not fabulous, but, hey, I will take it!
that is 3 pounds a week nothing wrong with that. I only lose about 14 - 15 lbs a month but I don't look at it that way, I take my mini goals, every 25lbs is celebration time. I actually kind of celebrate every pound lost, and every time I fit into a smaller size and well I guess to tell you the truth, I celebrate every day as I am smaller and happier. Have a good day.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyflower View Post
Good Morning!!! I had my 2nd WI last night and was slightly disappointed with just -2.8, but I wasnt thinking and ate dinner just before leaving, and living only a minute from my clinic, it didnt really "digest" yet!!! But the inches are coming off and that was helpful!! Hope everyone has a great day and keep up the AWESOME work!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry or be disappointed 2.8 is still a good week. Our bodies change weight throughout the day and month several times. On my WI #2 I only loss 1 lb. But that made my first two weeks an average of 4 lbs a week. For me that has been my story I lose on average 3.5-4 lbs a week. I'm on week 9 and after being out of state on vacation for 3 wks and as I get closer to my goal weight I've slowed down a bit, but I'm still averaging 3.5 lbs a week. Nine weeks and 30+ lbs down I can live with that. Watch others on the forum and you will notice some lose quick and others lose at a simular weight as ours. Remember it's not always about the weight; it's about being healthy physically and emotionally as well as learning how to keep the weight off. You are off to a great start! Hang in there!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #19  
started on June 14

S/C/G: 185/ticker/120

Height: 5.2 1/2

Default Thank you for your perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Don't worry or be disappointed 2.8 is still a good week. Our bodies change weight throughout the day and month several times. On my WI #2 I only loss 1 lb. But that made my first two weeks an average of 4 lbs a week. For me that has been my story I lose on average 3.5-4 lbs a week. I'm on week 9 and after being out of state on vacation for 3 wks and as I get closer to my goal weight I've slowed down a bit, but I'm still averaging 3.5 lbs a week. Nine weeks and 30+ lbs down I can live with that. Watch others on the forum and you will notice some lose quick and others lose at a simular weight as ours. Remember it's not always about the weight; it's about being healthy physically and emotionally as well as learning how to keep the weight off. You are off to a great start! Hang in there!
That is the spirit I will be in today. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #20  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Just sent my coach an email. Since last night I have been feeling like crap to put it mildly. I was in bed asleep at 8:00pm, today I feel like I have not slept at all. Not sure if there is something I can take or do. I feel like I am moving in slow motion today. To be honest I do not recall feeling like this first time I was on IP, I know the first couple of days are rough but I am in week 2.
Hmm. Not sure what this could be. You might be getting sick. I suggest taking a second potassium, up the water, and add some additional salt. Can you take a tlenol PM to help you sleep tonight?

I was just on vacation, and realized I wasn't sleeping well because I had added a caffeinated beverage in the afternoon. Are you doing anything like that? My body became waaay more sensitive to caffeine since on the diet.

Let us know what your coach said.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I got on the scale again ( oh scale whoreness) and it said 159!! So excited!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Thursday everyone!

I attended a cocktail party in the executive boardroom with the big bosses at the office yesterday, so I am with you on a phase I day today even though it was officially supposed to be my last day of phase III. I am so proud to share this journey with you all and so thankful for all of the support that I have received, and continue to receive, on this board!

I love you all and wish you all much success with IP and everything else that you undertake! May the strength that gets us through IP serve us in other areas for the rest of our lives!

Anyways, I plan on sticking around for a while...

I got the following quote from someone on my Facebook today and wanted to share it with all of you:

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right. Remember a positive attitude makes ALL the difference!!"

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 06-23-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Does anyone know when Mongolie Grill has their special where they don't charge by weight? I thought I heard of it once and they don't have a website, so I'm not sure how it works. Never been there before, but it sounds like a good place to go when your on IP.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Thanks!! I needed that!!! I'm still really excited about this diet and happy with 10lbs in 2 weeks, just hoped it would have been better! I'm not giving up and I'll keep pressing towards that goal!!!

Thanks for the encouraging words!! Hope you have a great day!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/198/135

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Thursday to everyone! I can't believe the week is already almost over! Hopefully I'll be able to stay OP this weekend!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 180/159/135-140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I have been reading all these threads for the last month and half and everyone in here is quite inspiring. I started Ip with a goal of about 40 lbs to loose. I am half way there and could barely stomach my salad today! I am starting holidays in 2 weeks and am thinking that maybe it is time for a break and to re-start in a month. I need advice to not gain while off! My coach is good for motivation but not strong with nutritional facts. Basically she tells me not to combine fat and carbs. How much fat should I keep away from? is there a majic number that I should stay away from with each meal? Any advice would be great!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toban View Post
Hi everyone! I have been reading all these threads for the last month and half and everyone in here is quite inspiring. I started Ip with a goal of about 40 lbs to loose. I am half way there and could barely stomach my salad today! I am starting holidays in 2 weeks and am thinking that maybe it is time for a break and to re-start in a month. I need advice to not gain while off! My coach is good for motivation but not strong with nutritional facts. Basically she tells me not to combine fat and carbs. How much fat should I keep away from? is there a majic number that I should stay away from with each meal? Any advice would be great!
Way to go on getting this far!

If you want to take a break for a few months and then get back to it, I think that is a personal decision and I don't disagree.

I would recommend reading through the Phase III and Phase IV fact sheets and phasing off as if you had reached your goal. There is a lot of useful information in there! You can also read the Phase 1 and beyond thread for more advice.

Good luck to you!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #28  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

I have been having a hard time with TOM! 2-3 weeks it messes me up. Any suggestions? I have been on plan and off plan it is stressing me out!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #29  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

I know i have seen how many carbs roughly we need to eat to be in ketosis, but now i cant find it..... does anyone know?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #30  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Now my faith is restored. First WI and I lost 6.5#

I am beyond stoked and ready for another great week. The coolest thing about this is I have only technically been on the diet for six days as I started last Friday. How wonderfully boosting to FINALLY have lost something!!

I wish you all a wonderful day and thank you for the continuous support/inspiration.

Closed Thread