Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Had my first weight in today down 7 pounds and very happy about it. My coach met Dr Tran over the weekend so she was super excited about the program. I have been weight training and weight trained the entire time I was on the program last year. My coach wants me to stop for a month as she said I will see results a lot quicker. Plus she said Dr Tran is against any kind of intense workout while on the program which is understandable given the low calories. Not sure I can stop for a month as I have been going 3 times a week for close to two years and I enjoy it. Not even sure what I can say as my oldest daughter works there. Since I have started back on IP I have only gone once as I was sick all last week. I have cancelled my next two Saturday sessions as I am busy and tentatively cancelled tomorrow. I understand what she is saying and I makes sense. I guess I will just have to take it one day at a time.
Awesome job Vicjul!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Can eating your allowed 1 restricted food a day result in no weight loss?
Has been eating 1 restricted everyday this time around and it hasn't affected my loss...maybe try bootcamp for a week and see if it helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmama View Post
Good Bye to the 190's............Hello to the 180's...Wahooo...Cartwheel....Cartwheel......170's ...watch out!!!!
Way to go cartwheel mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
One Diet Coke kicked me out of ketosis. I LOVE Diet Coke! Just don't understand it....
Some people are really sensitive too the aspartame in ketosis and have to stay away from it unfortunately
Old 06-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 215/179/150

I have my Week 9 weigh in today! I don't feel like i have lost much this week but I have not cheated so I hope all goes well! I am going to get some chocolate pudding because I would really like to try and make the chocolate muffin recipe I seen yesterday!!

Wise me luck!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

WI today was -4.2!! Woo! I also added my WI's from the whole time to my signature. I know that helps me to see other people have had slower weeks too. I can't believe it's almost been 3 months!

I'd be going a bit crazy smelling ribs all day too. Ouch. Keep strong! You can do it!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieElizabeth View Post
Hi everybody, I just thought it was time to introduce myself. My name is Carrie and I just had my 5th weigh in today and I'm officially down 14 pounds from when I started. I've been lurking for about the past month. Everyone here is so inspiring and I'm so glad I found you guys! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
I am with you! This is my 2nd week and I am hungry alot of the times!!
But I dont know that I have hit Ketosis yet though so I hope that happens soon!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #65  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Thanks Jordanna, bootcamp is when you don't eat any restricted for a week right?
Old 06-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

I think I hit ketosis in the middle of week 2. And I have not been super hungry since. Don't get me wrong I do have days when I am starving. But I find that if i just throw in an extra packet or eat an egg I am satisfied.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #67  

Height: 5' 5"

*Warning* Food vent... skip if you're easily triggered!

Damnit! A volunteer came in to work today and brought donuts. Just when I'm feeling weak. No, I won't eat any, but I'm annoyed by having to defend my reasoning behind not eating them- damned food pushers!

Okay, vent/rant over. Just had to share somewhere I know people will understand.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #68  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Hi all,

Just checking in. I'm 2.5 weeks in and going for my first official WI tomorrow at noon. I've been delayed on WI's as I've been on the road for the first two weeks. I'm interested to see what the numbers look like as I know my clothes are fitting better and my unofficial scales have me down around 15 pounds.

Back to cleaning the garage!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #69  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Awesome job Vicjul!!

Has been eating 1 restricted everyday this time around and it hasn't affected my loss...maybe try bootcamp for a week and see if it helps?

Way to go cartwheel mama!

Some people are really sensitive too the aspartame in ketosis and have to stay away from it unfortunately
Thanks, Jordana. Glad you are back.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I also exercise with weights and do an intense workout, and I have not stopped. I told my coach right off the bat that I worked too hard to make exercise a part of my life and I wasn't going to stop now. I have been taking it a lot easier and just doing what I can and not working out so intensely, but I have not stopped. My coach did tell me that I might have slower losses than the average 3-7#, but I would probably drop inches quicker. I don't really care, as long as the fat comes off.

If you don't want to stop, then don't. Just take it down a notch. I have been OP for 3 weeks and have always had a loss. I am also fitting into clothes that I couldn't wear at this weight the last time I was under 160. So, I think that the exercise IS helping to lose inches, even if I am only down 10# in 3 weeks. It is up to you, but there is no way I am ever going to stop exercising.
I also have worked out pretty much daily on ip.

I add an extra packet or 2 hb eggs on workout days.

I lost fairly quickly, and now you can see my muscle tone from all that hard work!

I have phased off ip, but onto a lower carb diet than phase 4, no flour, grain or sugar. I have not added in a cheat day, but my coach thinks I should.

I never got down to my original goal of 140. I hover around 145, but I can wear a size 4/6 and think I am satisfied with my results.

I keep considering give phase 1 a few more weeks to see if I can't lose the last 5, but summer seems to get in the way! There is food and drink everywhere!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Thanks guys! I have been burned in the past by so many other diets and eating plans that it is hard to think that I won't be burned again. I feel my body changing everyday, and you are right, deep down I feel like this is truly it, but I am scared nonetheless.

Before I found IP, I was eating clean, all organic foods, "proper" portions all of that, plus working out 5-6x a week. And of course, did not lose hardly any weight. Not even much fat, because my clothes still weren't fitting! I know you can all relate to how frustrating that is.

I am so glad I found IP, or rather my doctor did and recommended it to me. He kept after me about it and I was hesitant because I am not really all that big on pre-packaged foods. But he kept telling me and telling me that it would be great, and he was right!

And one thing is for sure, I haven't been in the 150's in almost 1.5 years and it feels so good. I actually hit my goal which was out of the 160's by the end of June. Next goal is out of the 150's by the end of July. And finally, my clothes are starting to fit again!
That is exactly what happened to me! I was working out 5-6 times a week for 2-3 hours at a time, and eating 1200-1500 cals of clean foods a day. I lost NOTHING, which prompted me to go to my doctor to make sure I didn't have a thyroid problem or something. Anyway, he's the one who recommended this program as well. So yeah, I just wanted to say congratulations on your current loss and being in the 150's!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
That is exactly what happened to me! I was working out 5-6 times a week for 2-3 hours at a time, and eating 1200-1500 cals of clean foods a day. I lost NOTHING, which prompted me to go to my doctor to make sure I didn't have a thyroid problem or something. Anyway, he's the one who recommended this program as well. So yeah, I just wanted to say congratulations on your current loss and being in the 150's!
Did you workout while on IP ?

Sorry i guess the question is are you still working out while on IP?

Last edited by Vicjul; 06-22-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
I don't know how everyone else is always full... I am starving an hour after I eat and I am doing everything exactly as I was told. I am still in my first week so maybe I am still adjusting?

I just finished my first week. It does take some time to adjust, but you don't have to feel hungry all the time. Drink some tea (I drink decaf), and lots of lots of water. That will help some. Also, for the first few days I made sure to eat plenty of lettuce, that kept me full longer.

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #74  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I had my 4th WI yesterday afternoon and lost 2.2lbs. I have to say that even though I lost I was a little disappointed. I know that I will not have large losses every week but I was hoping to be out of the 200s by next week and I know that is not going to happen. Oh well I have lost and that is always a good thing! I am still proud that after a month I have not cheated once! I am so loving the pudding muffins!!! Just tried lemon and they were amazing!!!! Good luck everyone on the second half of the day!!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Hi all,

Just checking in. I'm 2.5 weeks in and going for my first official WI tomorrow at noon. I've been delayed on WI's as I've been on the road for the first two weeks. I'm interested to see what the numbers look like as I know my clothes are fitting better and my unofficial scales have me down around 15 pounds.

Back to cleaning the garage!
Wow! 15#s is awesome. Congratulations.
Closed Thread