Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #31  

Weighed in today and I only lost 1.4 lbs and was kind of bummed. I know it's 10 lbs in two weeks but still hard to swallow for some reason. I'm hoping it's because I've had a nasty cold all week and maybe I'm retaining water or something. I know I didn't cheat so the weight will come off at some point I figure!

Happy summer solstice everyone!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #32  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have missed you. Congrats on rocking the bathing suit at the beach - that must feel sooo good. You are sooo right -this diet is amazing, and no matter how hard we all struggle during the process - days like wearing a bathing suit to the beach and feeling confident makes the struggles seem worth it. I am just sad I didn't know about this diet sooner - my 20's and early 30's would have felt and looked a lot different. Also WAY TO GO on loosing weight during vacation...I am inspired and hope I can do the same. (but honestly it is a bit scary since phase 2 resulted in a small weight gain for me....which means phase 3 might look more like the 5 pound gain then the 3) Glad to have you back
Thanks!! I really did jump back and forth between phase 1 and phase 2. If we were stopping somewhere for lunch, I either got a veggie salad or chicken salad, depending on what looked good. If we were out and about, I just had a packet of BBQ ridges and had chopped up veggies with me. I got into the habit of cutting up celery, peppers, and cucumbers every morning. I had my ziploc (which I shared), and then I had grapes, apple, and blueberries for my son.

I wouldn't worry about a small weight gain. It could have been for a ton of reasons... just keep focused on how much LESS you weigh than before this diet.

I also agree re: wishing I had known about this diet sooner. If only I hadn't spent so much of my life being overweight... I must admit it breaks my heart to see young girls who are overweight now that I know what I know...
Old 06-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
The nicest thing about being at the beach after losing 40 pounds is the feeling that I could wear a bathing suit and not feel self conscious... I enjoyed myself immensely. This diet really is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

Thanks. I keep thinking how GREAT you look in your new avatar pic... Way to go!
Very happy for you. I really wish I had known about this 10 years ago. All that time wasted worrying about how fat I was!!! Oh well...now I love how I feel and look.

Suise B looking good!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #34  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
That sounds like it would be great to be able to have once in awhile while at a party, etc. especially in the summer. I inquired though and they don't sell it in Connecticut, which is where I am from, yet. They weren't even sure if they sold it anywhere in the U.S. yet. Maybe soon.
Not that I am advocating drinking ..as it is not part of the program (and I have yet to do it) but....the orange drink which is pretty good has 80 calories and 1 carb and 18 g protein. So if you added a shot of vodka (about 70 calories with no carbs) to your orange drink with a splash of vanilla extract...maybe that would work (add some sparkling water and you would have a very large quantity drink--but keep it to a one/two shot deal)???? For a treat I like the Virgils Zero root beer, cream soda, cherry soda and cola -- mixed with sparkling water (otherwise it is too sweet) you could probably add vodka to that
Old 06-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehd View Post
I'm nervous about a meeting I have tonight from 4-9. Dinner is provided, and I'm sure it will not be IP friendly. It's not so much resisting the food that I am concerned about, but being 'that girl' who declines to eat the meal provided, and brings their own food. I hate getting flack for eating healthy meetings. But I know that it is worth it.
Do your best! Be lively and interact with fellow diners. Just don't call attention to your plate. I have to eat at luncheons & dinners for my job occasionally, and I too feel guilty about not eating what someone paid for. It did result in eating a small baked potato & regular dressing one time. However, no one has ever said anything to me. It is truly just in our heads.
Now I try to have an IP protein drink or bar beforehand so I am not too hungry. If necessary I eat regular dressing on the provided salads. It's better than eating the pastas and breads and desserts!!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello! I am new to IP, just started almost 2 weeks ago and feel so pumped and ready to lose this weight!! I have always been overweight as well as my husband (who had lap-band surgery a year ago and its somewhat working for him, but not as quickly as I think he was expecting - but then again, he's also not really following all his Dr's guidelines) Anyway, we have a 1 1/2 year old boy, and I just kept thinking how annoying it is not to be able to do so much fun stuff with him - like take him down the slide myself, get on amusement park rides with him, without getting "stuck" or really uncomfortable! A very long time friend of mine opened her own IP clinic, so it was easy to start for me. I had had enough of this life, and wanted a new life of feeling like I can do anything I wanted to! My very first WI I was the "Biggest Loser" of the week!!!!!!! 7.8 lbs! I was beyond stoked!!! I am so excited to be on this journey and I know it will get tough, but I'm trying to keep the faith and look towards the ultimate goal! This weekend I had a NSV at my friend's son's birthday party, she had all kinds of stuff not even close to healthy - pizza, s'mores, cake - you name it, the temptations were there - but I had my salad with chicken and veggies and enjoyed it all!! Didnt even phase me anytime someone asked me if I wanted something!!! Of course, its only my first few weeks, but I thought, I could have considered since I just had a great week and I just started....but then that thought went right away and I moved on!! I'm so excited to be on this journey, and I hope to be an encouragement to others as we all strive towards the best years of our lives!!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. I def appreciate everyones stories. It makes me feel like cheating is not worth it. Let's hope I can stay OP. I am staying with a friend that is NOT cheating so she promised to be strong with me!
Awesome! I'm rootin' for ya! I'll need some of that peptalk come 9-12 July when I'm of to Vancouver BC.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanelle View Post
Just had WI, down 3.6lbs Down 20.6lbs total in 4 weeks Good feeling and motivation to keep going! Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations!! 20 lbs in 4 weeks is great!

Our initial stats are similar, and I've been dreaming of being able to lose 20 lbs in 4 weeks, now I know it's possible! I know everyone is different, but still it gives me hope

One question, if you don't mind, have you been exercising?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehd View Post
I'm nervous about a meeting I have tonight from 4-9. Dinner is provided, and I'm sure it will not be IP friendly. It's not so much resisting the food that I am concerned about, but being 'that girl' who declines to eat the meal provided, and brings their own food. I hate getting flack for eating healthy meetings. But I know that it is worth it.

I totally understand this. I hate that as well, but as you said, it is SO worth it! Goo luck!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #40  

So 4 days into my first week, I had to take a short unexpected trip to my mother's. I live eight hours away from her. Anyway, I stayed OP as far as not eating anything outside of this diet, but I did have 2 packages (instead of 3) for two days, duet to sheer lack of time to eat, also I didn't have the olive oil and the IP sea salt. I guess my water intake also decreased a little since I was not willing to stop every hour for a bathroom break. While I was there, I resisted ALL kinds of food, including the chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies that I brought. (I'm not a fan of chocolate cake or cookies... I opted to bring that, everyone else loves them though).

Anyway, I was really excited that I was having my WI #1 today, I got to the clinic, and my coach wasn't there! They told me that they "tried" to contact me but couldn't get through. WHATEVER. I was somewhat upset, but I didn't freak out because luckily I have enough packets left for today.

Anyway, so I'm having my first official WI #1 tomorrow as a result. I can't wait (though I'm super nervous!)
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
My coach said that it was ok. I am so much hungrier between lunch and dinner and I was talking to her about it and she said I could have my snack between lunch and dinner. Somedays though what I will do is eat my salad and vegetable for lunch and save the protein pack and eat that between lunch and dinner then have my after dinner snack after dinner. That seems to work for me also and it doesn't seem to affect my weight.
My coach has also okayed it. I am also splitting out my supper into two small meals as I can't get it all down. I also go to bed earlier than most, as I start my day earlier, and really can't eat the snack so soon after eating supper.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #42  

Day one for me here! I am feeling so good mentally that I am doing something positive for myself. I already have had 48 oz. of water!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Day one for me here! I am feeling so good mentally that I am doing something positive for myself. I already have had 48 oz. of water!
Well welcome. It really does make you feel when you stop and think about yourself doesn't it. I'm new too - just started my second week. I love coming here and reading all the posts it is so uplifting and motivating. Good luck on your first week.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #44  

10 pounds in 2 weeks is great!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #45  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Just a question.....
Is missing the salad once and a while a bad thing if your still getting in all the veggies???? I'm just kind of getting sick of they ol' salad twice a day.
Closed Thread