Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Does anyone know if its a big deal if I switch my evening snack to the afternoon?
My coach said that it was ok. I am so much hungrier between lunch and dinner and I was talking to her about it and she said I could have my snack between lunch and dinner. Somedays though what I will do is eat my salad and vegetable for lunch and save the protein pack and eat that between lunch and dinner then have my after dinner snack after dinner. That seems to work for me also and it doesn't seem to affect my weight.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Just had WI, down 3.6lbs Down 20.6lbs total in 4 weeks Good feeling and motivation to keep going! Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #18  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
My coach said that it was ok. I am so much hungrier between lunch and dinner and I was talking to her about it and she said I could have my snack between lunch and dinner. Somedays though what I will do is eat my salad and vegetable for lunch and save the protein pack and eat that between lunch and dinner then have my after dinner snack after dinner. That seems to work for me also and it doesn't seem to affect my weight.
I flip-flop depending on how hungry I am, have a protein late afternoon if I know that supper is going to be late or save it for the evening. The key that I've learned is to listen to your body!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 247/180.8/170

Height: 5'5

Something interesting was brought to my attention yesterday for the those of us that feel the need to have an occasional alcohol beverage, there is a new product in Canada(not sure if it's in the US) called Alive(Vodka Cooler) with zero carb/zero sugar/80 calories. Of course we should NOT consume any alcohol on IP Protocal but thought it was a great alternative for those of us that may want to have the occasional socialable drink instead of consuming the ones that are extremely worse. The facts are listed below:

ALIVE Vodka Cooler Facts

ALIVE 5% alcohol

- Only 80 calories per 300 mL serving (per can)
- Zero carbohydrates
- Sweetened with sucralose
- Gluten free
- Comes in 4-packs
- Available in Lemon Lime, Grapefruit, and Mixed Berry
- First RTD beverage to achieve both ultra-low calories and zero carbs
and be gluten free
- Innovative packaging utilizing our quick chill slim-line can
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I had two extra bars last night. Sad day. I'm so close to the 150's, 3lbs away this morning. I think I'm a little scared! Silly I know. So today I won't have a restricted to help balance things out a bit. I'm feeling better overall about IP though! I just realized last night that the last 5lbs I lost a size! I was a 12 two weeks ago and 5lbs later I'm a 10. I guess during my slow weight loss I was losing inches. I don't measure myself as it's kind of hard to be accurate.

I'm going to the DR today since I dropped a frying pan on my foot last week and it's not much better yet.

Congrats everyone on their NSV's and SV's!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #21  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

Good job Becca! I also find it hard to be social with friends and not deviate from the program. This weekend we had friends over, everyone was drinking but me, and we grilled out sausage, steaks, potatoes, and a hot shrimp dip that everyone loves. I did my very best to stay on plan and skipped basically everything but grilled veggies and meat. I find it so much easier just not to eat with anyone...but real life does not really allow that
Old 06-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #22  
Stempy

S/C/G: 202.4/192.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 inches

FINALLY did it! 25lbs lost...woo hoo. AND finally into the 170's (179.4). Haven't been out of the 180s in about 5 years!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #23  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

The nicest thing about being at the beach after losing 40 pounds is the feeling that I could wear a bathing suit and not feel self conscious... I enjoyed myself immensely. This diet really is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Woah! Way to go! You are so very close!!! I am so happy for you!
Thanks. I keep thinking how GREAT you look in your new avatar pic... Way to go!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #24  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
The nicest thing about being at the beach after losing 40 pounds is the feeling that I could wear a bathing suit and not feel self conscious... I enjoyed myself immensely. This diet really is one of the best things we can do for ourselves.

Thanks. I keep thinking how GREAT you look in your new avatar pic... Way to go!
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have missed you. Congrats on rocking the bathing suit at the beach - that must feel sooo good. You are sooo right -this diet is amazing, and no matter how hard we all struggle during the process - days like wearing a bathing suit to the beach and feeling confident makes the struggles seem worth it. I am just sad I didn't know about this diet sooner - my 20's and early 30's would have felt and looked a lot different. Also WAY TO GO on loosing weight during vacation...I am inspired and hope I can do the same. (but honestly it is a bit scary since phase 2 resulted in a small weight gain for me....which means phase 3 might look more like the 5 pound gain then the 3) Glad to have you back
Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

I get weighed in today and am hoping for at least 3lbs...(fingers crossed). I can't believe that I have been on this diet for 1 month!! I keep telling myself that time is flying by (in a good way) and that months from now I will weigh less than I do now!! Weigh in days, even though I still get nervous, are such huge motivation! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
Does anyone know if its a big deal if I switch my evening snack to the afternoon?
My coach was ok with me switching the snack to the afternoon.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #27  
banned

I'm nervous about a meeting I have tonight from 4-9. Dinner is provided, and I'm sure it will not be IP friendly. It's not so much resisting the food that I am concerned about, but being 'that girl' who declines to eat the meal provided, and brings their own food. I hate getting flack for eating healthy meetings. But I know that it is worth it.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
My coach was ok with me switching the snack to the afternoon.
O good! Thank you
Old 06-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehd View Post
I'm nervous about a meeting I have tonight from 4-9. Dinner is provided, and I'm sure it will not be IP friendly. It's not so much resisting the food that I am concerned about, but being 'that girl' who declines to eat the meal provided, and brings their own food. I hate getting flack for eating healthy meetings. But I know that it is worth it.
I get a lot of flack from my family so I know how you feel. I think sometimes its based on jealousy because your being good and they aren't. Don't ever let other people's opinions bring you down you are doing something good for you and they can TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. HA!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalynn View Post
Something interesting was brought to my attention yesterday for the those of us that feel the need to have an occasional alcohol beverage, there is a new product in Canada(not sure if it's in the US) called Alive(Vodka Cooler) with zero carb/zero sugar/80 calories. Of course we should NOT consume any alcohol on IP Protocal but thought it was a great alternative for those of us that may want to have the occasional socialable drink instead of consuming the ones that are extremely worse. The facts are listed below:

ALIVE Vodka Cooler Facts

ALIVE 5% alcohol

- Only 80 calories per 300 mL serving (per can)
- Zero carbohydrates
- Sweetened with sucralose
- Gluten free
- Comes in 4-packs
- Available in Lemon Lime, Grapefruit, and Mixed Berry
- First RTD beverage to achieve both ultra-low calories and zero carbs
and be gluten free
- Innovative packaging utilizing our quick chill slim-line can
That sounds like it would be great to be able to have once in awhile while at a party, etc. especially in the summer. I inquired though and they don't sell it in Connecticut, which is where I am from, yet. They weren't even sure if they sold it anywhere in the U.S. yet. Maybe soon.
Closed Thread