Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Daily Chat Monday June 20

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 06-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Well..since nobody started todays thread yet..guess I got the job

Well today was WI #8, and I'm shocked and amazed to say that I lost 7#s!!

And I bought a pair of size 10s a week ago..and they are already starting to bag

Now..if my arms would just catch up..I could be more thrilled.

Have a Great OP day all!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Thanks MInewgoal for opening the thread. I always like reading these threads and check it throughout the day.

Today though, I'm feeling a little down. Last week at my WI at 265 and today this morning I'm 265. I went up this weekend to 269!!! (ACK!). I know there is a struggle in my body and I know there is no reason that I wouldn't loose or stay the same. But I'm in a cycle of anxiety right now...:/ I have commented in the past that I find the struggle that my body goes through somewhat interesting...but I'm not finding that interesting anymore.

I'm following the protocol but does anyone else have these types of roller coasters and feel themselves super duper anxious that they will not have a loss at weigh in?

I had a really good weekend otherwise, I just wish it would STOP RAINING here already.

Carla
Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!

Another week, another clean slate, another chance to make this your best week ever!

Last night, my sister-in-law had us over for Father's Day dinner (it's the first one without my Father-in-law). She made an Asian shrimp dish that had too many carbs and things that I shouldn't have, so today is going to be a phase I day for me. I had an IP pina colada smoothie for breakfast and a coffee with soy milk and stevia when I got to the office. I will either have IP chili or ProtiLife soup for lunch, with salad with homemade olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing (with garlic, dijon, lemon and herbs) and dinner will be some kind of protein (maybe fish?) with veggies. I think I still have a packet of banana pineapple drink for my evening snack... I have to see. I won't have a budget to buy more IP stuff until Thursday, so I have to make due with what I've got!

My sitter bailed on me for tonight, so I am not sure if I can make it to my very last tap class or not... I'll try to get some walking in at lunch time just in case I don't make it.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

GREAT JOB MInewgoal!!! what an amazing feeling!!! I have weigh in #6 this evening. I am still a bit aggravated with the whole scale being uneven crap, because my clinic really has no idea what my actual loses have been. I have stayed on protocol, so there was no way I gained 7lbs in that 4th week, no way. So I have to suck it up and try even harder and have incorporated walking as well. I was so angry at first, I am really not all that impressed with my clinic, but I HAVE to keep going with this, because I have lost weight. So, with that all said, good luck to everyone this week and we shall see what mr scale has to say this evening!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm with ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

I'm following the protocol but does anyone else have these types of roller coasters and feel themselves super duper anxious that they will not have a loss at weigh in?

Carla
I feel the same way. This past week I got on the scale every day and saw no changes. I wasn't cheating or doing anything out of the norm. Tonight I go for WI #2 and I am nervious I won't see any real progress. It is hard to stay motivated when you aren't seeing results. Just know that I am in the same boat as you, so you are not alone!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
I am really not all that impressed with my clinic, but I HAVE to keep going with this, because I have lost weight. So, with that all said, good luck to everyone this week and we shall see what mr scale has to say this evening!
I am not too impressed with my clinic as well. Is there a place to report clinics that don't have it all together? My clinic has given me their own vitamins instead of IP ones. They also told me to take more of them than what is recomended on the bottle. Is this out of the ordinary? My friends in other cities that have done so well with their clinics it makes me wonder if I am not loosing wieght because my vitamins are different.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Today is officially one week since starting IP and according to my scale this morning I have lost 10 pounds. I couldn't be happier. Had dinner at my parents with all my family yesterday for father's day and it was easier than I thought it would be to stay OP. I am very excited with this diet and really am starting to believe it may be the last diet I ever go on. I've been on them all. Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

I had a great weekend. My sister and I are both on the diet so that made it easy to follow protocol. We are both in phase 1. So she brought steaks and I brought the veggies and salad.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

I totally get the stressing! I am definitely an emotional eater. Hubby travels a lot for work and during the summer is usually only home on weekends. It gets lonely - I open a cupboard. Kids are driving me crazy - I open a cupboard. Realizing that I was eating to feel good when I wasn't even hungry was one of the reasons I started IP.
I don't know if it is my imagination or what, but I think I lose more on the weeks when I am positive and excited about the diet. The weeks where I didn't lose as much were when I was feeling blue for one reason or another and fighting the cravings more. No differences in food (I am a creature of habit & don't mix it up much), just attitude. huh.

Had vanilla RTD for breakfast. Will have a vanilla peanut bar for lunch (my favorite!) with a salad (oil & vinegar). Tonight I am making stir fry with WF Asian dressing (a staple) - chicken and green beans. I add red pepper flake to give it an extra kick.

I have seen people post about white cheddar puffs. Are these an IP product? My coach doesn't have these! I miss cheese and think these would make a great treat. The spicy, southwestern cheese curls are too spicy for me.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #11  
New to IP Program

S/C/G: 223/208/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm a little glad to read that I am not the only one that is a little frustrated so I feel a lot of what Carla is feeling! I have been on the program for close to a month and really have only lost about 6lbs. I do not cheat unless you count eating tomatoes more than once a week ( this last weekend.) I even gave up sugar free gum because it had 2 carbs per piece.

There are so many people that are doing incredible and I feel a little bummed out
Old 06-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #12  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well..since nobody started todays thread yet..guess I got the job

Well today was WI #8, and I'm shocked and amazed to say that I lost 7#s!!

And I bought a pair of size 10s a week ago..and they are already starting to bag

Now..if my arms would just catch up..I could be more thrilled.

Have a Great OP day all!
Oh my goodness!!! That is so awesome and you must be flying high right now! So proud of you and that must feel great to be almost too small for 10's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Today though, I'm feeling a little down. Last week at my WI at 265 and today this morning I'm 265. I went up this weekend to 269!!! (ACK!). I know there is a struggle in my body and I know there is no reason that I wouldn't loose or stay the same. But I'm in a cycle of anxiety right now...:/ I have commented in the past that I find the struggle that my body goes through somewhat interesting...but I'm not finding that interesting anymore.

Carla
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaCleg View Post
I'm a little glad to read that I am not the only one that is a little frustrated so I feel a lot of what Carla is feeling! I have been on the program for close to a month and really have only lost about 6lbs. I do not cheat unless you count eating tomatoes more than once a week ( this last weekend.) I even gave up sugar free gum because it had 2 carbs per piece.

There are so many people that are doing incredible and I feel a little bummed out
ME!!! I go through this just about every week. I've tried no restricted products, only restricteds on the weekend, every other day restricted, etc. But I am always anxious on WI days, and lately it seems like my body is holding on to weight more than it should be. I was super discouraged last week, but then I decided that I'd have a restricted every day, and I would enjoy my life instead of obsessing on WHEN I'd hit my goal. My hubs and daughter and I took a trip to Dallas to visit friends this weekend, and it was such a good thing for my soul to switch my environment and be with people I miss alot. Also, I stayed 100% OP and was super proud of myself. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have people tell me how awesome I look all weekend long. Maybe switch things up this week and have your protein for lunch instead of dinner? Or add in a few sets of pushups while you're watching TV to kick things into gear. I know it's hard to get out of feeling the funk when you're right in the middle of it, but maybe shaking something up can give you a new perspective, and that's all you'll need. (Hugs)
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I had a pretty good weekend. Stayed OP even when we went to a Mexican restaraunt for dinner with my family. We took an unexpected trip back home. My husband didn't tell me we were going until we were 45 mins out! I thought we were just going to the next town over. He packed and missed a few things. It made me really grateful I'm doing IP with alternative products. It was easy to just go to Walmart and pick up what I needed.

We went clothes shopping, I got new pjs, a shirt, maxi dress and a pair of shorts. All mediums and the shorts a size 10. I nearly cried at one store because I was trying on bottoms from the juniors department and they were too small and I couldn't find anything that I liked and my husband had forgotten a shirt for me so I had to find something. But in the end I got a shirt and pjs there and the other things the next day. I really realized how much I'm not seeing my body how it is. I knew in my mind that I wear a 10 now but I kept looking at them thinking they're too smal and couldn't possibly fit.

I went to the store with my Mom and didn't recognize my reflection. That was a little weird.

I weighed myself this morning and I was at 161.2! So exciting!

I've noticed if I'm not doing well on my weight loss I don't feel as excited about the diet either. It makes it harder for me to stay OP. I've had some slip ups but have finally made it back on and am feeling motivated. This diet works! Even if it may not be as fast as we'd like sometimes.

Last edited by AprilH3; 06-20-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #14  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Morning!!! Didn't get to post since thursday as I was so busy all weekend but I thought of you all and missed reading all the posts. I got to read catch up last night and today. Friday was my baby girls 1st birthday. We had a get together with family and friends on saturday. I have to tell you I was happy to have friends and family and celebrate my princess's birthday but I'm glad it's monday and we're all back to a normal routine. I did stay OP 100% and so proud of that but it was hard. At the party, there was all kinds of food I couldn't have, burgers, hot dogs, sausages, my homemade macaroni salad and broccoli salad and of course my 15 year old son made one of his deserts he learned to do this year in cooking class plus the good old cake for my daughter's birthday.
I had also bought a veggie and fruit platter so I munched on veggies and DH was nice to cook me a nice steak. But I felt be littled.....One of our friends asked me, you're not eating and I said yes DH is bbq me a steak. Everybody in the room turned around to me and said STEAK???? Why do we have to eat this and you have STEAK?? There was nothing wrong with what they were eating but I just told them that I couldn't eat any of what they were having. And that was it.

Remember a few weeks back I had went to my dads and step moms to help them move? They hadn't noticed and didn't ask questions? Well they were asking questions about it this time around. They did say they had noticed but were too busy to say anything or ask.....WHATEVER I thought!! Anyways, the cake is still sitting on the kitchen counter right now but I'm not tempted at all. We'll see how I really did wednesday when I have my WI.

Also wednesday is the day when I return to work. This week won't be so bad as I'm on days, but then the next 2 weeks I'll be on nights, so that will be a test. Wondering how my body will adjust. I had to bring the baby to the babysitter today for the first time so she can get use to her. I dropped her off for an hour, came home, vaccuum my whole house and wash my floors. Went back to pick her up and she had been crying the whole time. I'm doing the same thing tomorrow as wednesday is her first day at daycare and it will be a long one for all of us. I hope she will be ok and gets use to it quick. It was really sad to go pick her up and see her crying like that. Poor thing! She sure was happy to see mommy!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #15  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Default Newbie here and a man at that.

Hello all,

This is my first post but I have been lurking on the forum for a few days after I discovered this community of travelers on the weight loss journey. I spent a bit of time trying to understand if men were welcome on this forum as I don't see many of us here; please let me know if I should move along.

I am starting my 3rd week on IP and have been quite satisfied with the program thus far. I haven't had an official WI (forgive me if I misuse the acronyms, I'm learning) as I have been out of town for two weeks. By my unofficial scales I am 15 pounds down and I feel better, have more energy, and my clothes fit better, so I know the plan is working. I even found mowing the lawn enjoyable and that was in 90 degree temperatures!

Amazingly, I've not been all that hungry or had uncontrollable cravings. The plan worked pretty well while I was away from home for the two weeks. The packets are handy and it is not hard to find salads and veggies in many restaurants. I spent a good bit of time driving and that was problematic in terms of water consumption - I really didn't want to stop every 50 miles for a bathroom break! Other than than, it went well - even McDonald's works for a protein meal - pitch the bun and snap off a few side salads, picking out the carrots and tomatoes of course.

Anyway - it is good to be in conversation with like minded people on a similar journey. I'm looking forward to another good week and the WI on Thursday.

Kelly
Closed Thread