Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Hello all,

This is my first post but I have been lurking on the forum for a few days after I discovered this community of travelers on the weight loss journey. I spent a bit of time trying to understand if men were welcome on this forum as I don't see many of us here; please let me know if I should move along.

I am starting my 3rd week on IP and have been quite satisfied with the program thus far. I haven't had an official WI (forgive me if I misuse the acronyms, I'm learning) as I have been out of town for two weeks. By my unofficial scales I am 15 pounds down and I feel better, have more energy, and my clothes fit better, so I know the plan is working. I even found mowing the lawn enjoyable and that was in 90 degree temperatures!

Amazingly, I've not been all that hungry or had uncontrollable cravings. The plan worked pretty well while I was away from home for the two weeks. The packets are handy and it is not hard to find salads and veggies in many restaurants. I spent a good bit of time driving and that was problematic in terms of water consumption - I really didn't want to stop every 50 miles for a bathroom break! Other than than, it went well - even McDonald's works for a protein meal - pitch the bun and snap off a few side salads, picking out the carrots and tomatoes of course.

Anyway - it is good to be in conversation with like minded people on a similar journey. I'm looking forward to another good week and the WI on Thursday.

Kelly
Welcome Kelly:

I'm new here too but I believe I have read posts from other men here before. There aren't alot but everyone is welcome here. The people here are so supportive and it is so nice to read what others are going through and even be able to find answers to questions you might have. I've been doing this diet for a week now and it seems pretty easy to follow -- I am one that needs restriction. So welcome and good luck on your journey.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well..since nobody started todays thread yet..guess I got the job

Well today was WI #8, and I'm shocked and amazed to say that I lost 7#s!!

And I bought a pair of size 10s a week ago..and they are already starting to bag

Now..if my arms would just catch up..I could be more thrilled.

Have a Great OP day all!
Congratulations that is so awesome. 7#s at WI 8 is great.

I am now in a size 12 and can't wait to get into a size 10. Hopefully soon. I just completed my first week and can't wait for my WI on Friday. My first WI was after 5 days and I lost 5 lbs. so I'm excited to see what happens after a full week on the plan. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

And I bought a pair of size 10s a week ago..and they are already starting to bag

Have a Great OP day all!
WOW! 7lbs, that's fantastic. Did you change anything up this week? Or is the infamous 'Whoosh' we hear about??
Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #34  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good afternoon from Hardy once again..A overcast day outside..nothing special..Well.. i managed to restart phase 1..Last nights snpposed sushi dinner got changed at the last minute and instead ended up being invited out to a buffet..Oh not good..Buffets dont work well when your trying to stay OP on the first day..And it didnt help that everything was greasy, fried,carby or drenched in salad dressing..

Well..anyway..on to restart day 1 phase 1..And tipping the scales at 296..oh boy.. i hate that number..It will surely motivate me now..As for my order from nashua..still not here cause of the postal strike..grrr..but im managing to choke my whey shake down..i figured out that if i add enough pepermint extract..it dulls out the taste of the stevia that makes it so grose to drink..Why stevia? Why not splenda?? Or something like Xylitol?

Anyway..down 1 shake..got several to go..plus veg and chicken tonite for din dins..

Wish me luck..Ive got to go to work tonite..and its a lot of running around and up and down stairs..hopefully i have enough energy..

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #35  

Height: 5'3"

I miss my afternoon snack!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #36  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good afternoon from Hardy once again..A overcast day outside..nothing special..Well.. i managed to restart phase 1..Last nights snpposed sushi dinner got changed at the last minute and instead ended up being invited out to a buffet..Oh not good..Buffets dont work well when your trying to stay OP on the first day..And it didnt help that everything was greasy, fried,carby or drenched in salad dressing..

Well..anyway..on to restart day 1 phase 1..And tipping the scales at 296..oh boy.. i hate that number..It will surely motivate me now..As for my order from nashua..still not here cause of the postal strike..grrr..but im managing to choke my whey shake down..i figured out that if i add enough pepermint extract..it dulls out the taste of the stevia that makes it so grose to drink..Why stevia? Why not splenda?? Or something like Xylitol?

Anyway..down 1 shake..got several to go..plus veg and chicken tonite for din dins..

Wish me luck..Ive got to go to work tonite..and its a lot of running around and up and down stairs..hopefully i have enough energy..

Have a good day everyone!
I hear ya about buffets, they are no good. This past weekend with my daughter's 1st birthday and on sunday was fathers day it wasn't easy but I did it. My DH wanted to out for a buffet for father's day. And what was I to say? It's his day. So I said ok and I thought it would be okay since the restaurant is pretty fancy and has alot of good foods. But man was I disappointed. Everybody was eating and all I had was a couple of florets of cauliflower and broccoli and a couple of green peppers and some scrambled eggs. I don't know what was in the eggs, but I figured I had to eat something. I was disappointed that they didn't even have any salads, no greens at all. All they had were macaroni salad. And the worst thing was I paid for a full plate of buffet. I should have asked for a refund and just get DH to get some veggies and I would have picked from his plate. I did have water and a tea so I was ok until I got home and had some protein and veggies. But I did it all for DH and dad on father's day. I was proud of sticking OP.

I hope you get your shipment soon.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Thanks Bickel83, Cajunladybug22 and Losing time....your pep-talks/comments brightened my day - I know I'm not alone but to have someone actually say that really helps.

I think I know what my problem is (after reading all of today's posts so far). ONCE AGAIN, I am not fully aware of all the restricted veggies....I'm so mad at myself!! Something that I should only eat once/twice a week I was eating in my salad's at least once a day.

So I expect I should have a gain this week and really it's all my fault, my coach didn't see it because I wrote "Salad" or "Veggies" in my log book. It's completely my fault and well, 'adapt and overcome'. So be it if I happen to gain at least I know the reason and it's now deleted from my day. At least it I've not gained in 8 weeks eating a restricted veggie more then occasionally.

Seriously though - this forum has saved me a few times. So thanks to everyone who contributes their frustrations and celebrations. It was through someone's frustration that I actually thought "what? we can't have that?" and checked my sheet.

(not happy with myself right now lol).

Have a lighter day!

Carla
Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #38  
ehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel83 View Post
I feel the same way. This past week I got on the scale every day and saw no changes. I wasn't cheating or doing anything out of the norm. Tonight I go for WI #2 and I am nervious I won't see any real progress. It is hard to stay motivated when you aren't seeing results. Just know that I am in the same boat as you, so you are not alone!
I am also in the same boat. I am trying my best to stay motivated but it is hard when I seem to be stuck at the same weight
I can definitely sympathize with you.
hang in there!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #39  

Default Going for my IP Consultation in 90 min.!!

I am excited to start the IP diet. I have read a lot of the threads here at 3fatchicks and also have seen the success of some people in my town. I need to lose the weight that I have gained this last year. I have arthritis in my knees and it will sure help to weigh less! Wish me luck!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #40  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Thanks Bickel83, Cajunladybug22 and Losing time....your pep-talks/comments brightened my day - I know I'm not alone but to have someone actually say that really helps.

I think I know what my problem is (after reading all of today's posts so far). ONCE AGAIN, I am not fully aware of all the restricted veggies....I'm so mad at myself!! Something that I should only eat once/twice a week I was eating in my salad's at least once a day.

So I expect I should have a gain this week and really it's all my fault, my coach didn't see it because I wrote "Salad" or "Veggies" in my log book. It's completely my fault and well, 'adapt and overcome'. So be it if I happen to gain at least I know the reason and it's now deleted from my day. At least it I've not gained in 8 weeks eating a restricted veggie more then occasionally.

Seriously though - this forum has saved me a few times. So thanks to everyone who contributes their frustrations and celebrations. It was through someone's frustration that I actually thought "what? we can't have that?" and checked my sheet.

(not happy with myself right now lol).

Have a lighter day!

Carla
Oh Carla!!! Reading your post is like listening to my inner voice. Amazing how we all have that inner voice that kicks us harder than anyone else!!
You are doing amazing and quit being hard on yourself the world sometimes does that enough we don't need to help!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Today marks my first day back on protocol.. I am proud of myself.. I rolled out of bed this morning and the first thing I did was grab a bottle of water, then packed my dinner for work! I'm so very committed to making this work this time. The diet worked last time, I just didn't have the power to stick with it through some rough family problems. I know I will feel much better about myself in the end if I keep this up, but it's just a matter of willing myself through anything and everything that may arise!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #42  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Now..if my arms would just catch up.I could be more thrilled.

Have a Great OP day all!
Minewgoal, with all the problems you have been dealing with the last little while this is a HUGE number... and you are ahead of me again.. brat.... I bought 2 size 10s today and they just fit, so I have decided to wear all my 12s at least once before I go to 10s.. hopefully anyway.. Everything will catch up eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
I totally get the stressing! I am definitely an emotional eater. Hubby travels a lot for work and during the summer is usually only home on weekends. It gets lonely - I open a cupboard. Kids are driving me crazy - I open a cupboard. Realizing that I was eating to feel good when I wasn't even hungry was one of the reasons I started IP.
I don't know if it is my imagination or what, but I think I lose more on the weeks when I am positive and excited about the diet. The weeks where I didn't lose as much were when I was feeling blue for one reason or another and fighting the cravings more. No differences in food (I am a creature of habit & don't mix it up much), just attitude. huh.

Had vanilla RTD for breakfast. Will have a vanilla peanut bar for lunch (my favorite!) with a salad (oil & vinegar). Tonight I am making stir fry with WF Asian dressing (a staple) - chicken and green beans. I add red pepper flake to give it an extra kick.

I have seen people post about white cheddar puffs. Are these an IP product? My coach doesn't have these! I miss cheese and think these would make a great treat. The spicy, southwestern cheese curls are too spicy for me.
Having the white cheddar puffs tonight will tell you later if they are good. If you really miss cheese I would try the broccoli chedder soup, I use it for a cheese sauce all the times. As I as well missed cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Good morning. I was so worried about telling my MIL and my mom about the diet. But it turns out that I won't see either of them for another couple weeks. We were supposed to go to my MIL's on Saturday, but one of the girls were sick, so I stayed home with them. My parents and nephews were going to bring our son back, but since the girls are still sick my mom is going to stay home with my nephews and my dad is bring my son home by himself.

So my question of the day, is what happens if I get sick? I did call and ask my coach and she said to stick to soup packets/tea, but don't turn to crackers/carbs. I guess that makes sense too. Does anyone have any other tips?
I would stick with soup and teas or water and lemon. Also if you really want a cracker make it out of the crepe packet if you have them. I made crackers as I missed them not for soup but just something crunchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I posted on experienced thread too but I wanted to pop over hear and say that I'm struggling so bad...right near the finish line. I'm recommitting today and going to have a long talk with my coach tomorrow to see if this is the time to phase off. I'm dying to start exercising again!

So, here's to fresh starts. I know IP works when followed (see ticker).
Ash I wish you luck on whatever way you decide, I am thinking phase 2 might give you a new life. Just when I am finally caught up with you, you are moving on... Take care and let us know how you are doing on your next phase.

Well after a family Emergency that had me driving from one End of the province to the other, I am back home. My family saw me for the first time, my brother and his wife knew I was on a diet, but my sister and her family didn't. My sister's first words to me were...WOW Jo you look great. My sister-in-law also said i Look great. They were very good, and asked what I can eat and what I can't. It was fairly easy to stay OP but the driving was a little tough for lunch and supper. Ended up eating sliced peppers as my lunch and snacking towards supper. But had my #18 wi and am down 4lbs never to appear again. Makes this project easier when I get those compliments and have the reactions I did like from my sister.

Welcome Kelly, welcome to a great program and journey you will do great.

Carla - you have the strength to get on with things, you can do it. Just take it one day at a time. and stay off the scale, from the sounds of it you are going to obsess too much on the scale. I have learned to trust the program, and not the scale. I still weigh at home but I don't panic when I have gained during the week... I was told to relax and let the program work.. sorry that is my advice to you as well.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV and SV, welcome to the newbies stick with the program, read the information they give you follow the phase 1 sheet and you will do great.
Have a great evening everyone.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #43  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Minewgoal, with all the problems you have been dealing with the last little while this is a HUGE number... and you are ahead of me again.. brat.... I bought 2 size 10s today and they just fit, so I have decided to wear all my 12s at least once before I go to 10s.. hopefully anyway.. Everything will catch up eventually.
I will try to keep your feelings, and sizes in mind for my next weigh in LoL!

I'm truly amazed at the success I've had with IP! I'm so so so happy

Thanks for your support
Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Weigh in #4 tomorrow Hope it goes well. Had a tough weekend camping with friends, everyone was on me about "not drinking". I stuck to my guns though and am glad I did The end result is more important to me right now than that "delicious cocktail" I would have liked to have had
Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Have a Great OP day all!
wowzer..thats great...kudos for you...I am also in a size 10 some 12's and it feels amazing...
Closed Thread