Daily Chat Monday June 20

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Ok. So I've been on IP since mid March and had lost 54 lbs so far. Notice that I said "had"! Weekend before last I went to a family reunion, fell off the program wagon and never managed to get back on . I went to WI this morning and face the scale and in 11 days I managed to gain 11.5 lbs!!! So now I'm back on program as of this morning and feeling motivated but a little scared.
    I don't know why I sabotage myself. And I'm seeing a pattern here. I have problems when I am not on my regular routine. Going out to eat or leaving town sends me on a tour of all my old favorite bad foods. I know that seeing this pattern is like winning half of the battle but I'm scared that I won't ever be able to overcome those issues. Any ideas?
  • Quote: GREAT JOB MInewgoal!!! what an amazing feeling!!! I have weigh in #6 this evening. I am still a bit aggravated with the whole scale being uneven crap, because my clinic really has no idea what my actual loses have been. I have stayed on protocol, so there was no way I gained 7lbs in that 4th week, no way. So I have to suck it up and try even harder and have incorporated walking as well. I was so angry at first, I am really not all that impressed with my clinic, but I HAVE to keep going with this, because I have lost weight. So, with that all said, good luck to everyone this week and we shall see what mr scale has to say this evening!
    Hi, I have recently had the same problem with my clinic. they told me i didn't lose and gained .5 for 3 weeks. I knew there scale was out. It was so frustrating! Then i went back in after 3 weeks of nothing and they must have fixed it because i lost 9.5 lbs which is alot for week 8 weigh in but sounds about right, since it was really from 3 weeks! Don't let it get to you! Your not alone!

Meg
  • Quote: Hello all,

This is my first post but I have been lurking on the forum for a few days after I discovered this community of travelers on the weight loss journey. I spent a bit of time trying to understand if men were welcome on this forum as I don't see many of us here; please let me know if I should move along.

I am starting my 3rd week on IP and have been quite satisfied with the program thus far. I haven't had an official WI (forgive me if I misuse the acronyms, I'm learning) as I have been out of town for two weeks. By my unofficial scales I am 15 pounds down and I feel better, have more energy, and my clothes fit better, so I know the plan is working. I even found mowing the lawn enjoyable and that was in 90 degree temperatures!

Amazingly, I've not been all that hungry or had uncontrollable cravings. The plan worked pretty well while I was away from home for the two weeks. The packets are handy and it is not hard to find salads and veggies in many restaurants. I spent a good bit of time driving and that was problematic in terms of water consumption - I really didn't want to stop every 50 miles for a bathroom break! Other than than, it went well - even McDonald's works for a protein meal - pitch the bun and snap off a few side salads, picking out the carrots and tomatoes of course.

Anyway - it is good to be in conversation with like minded people on a similar journey. I'm looking forward to another good week and the WI on Thursday.

Kelly
    Kelly, everyone is allowed here . From time to time we get some men kicking around on the boards...the braver ones comment, but we know you're out there!
  • Good morning. I was so worried about telling my MIL and my mom about the diet. But it turns out that I won't see either of them for another couple weeks. We were supposed to go to my MIL's on Saturday, but one of the girls were sick, so I stayed home with them. My parents and nephews were going to bring our son back, but since the girls are still sick my mom is going to stay home with my nephews and my dad is bring my son home by himself.

So my question of the day, is what happens if I get sick? I did call and ask my coach and she said to stick to soup packets/tea, but don't turn to crackers/carbs. I guess that makes sense too. Does anyone have any other tips?
  • I have had a nasty head cold and sore throat all week so I drank a lot of hot water mixed with a bit of splenda and lemon. I stuck to program 100% but haven't lost much this week, I think I'm retaining water from being sick....
  • I posted on experienced thread too but I wanted to pop over hear and say that I'm struggling so bad...right near the finish line. I'm recommitting today and going to have a long talk with my coach tomorrow to see if this is the time to phase off. I'm dying to start exercising again!

So, here's to fresh starts. I know IP works when followed (see ticker).
  • I had a really bad weekend. My son had a baseball tournament out of town this weekend and I just really blew the diet. I stepped on the scale this morning and I put almost 5 lbs back on. I'm disappointed in myself and I've learned that I'm not ready to get off this diet and not sure if I will ever be. Once I started eating off protocol it was all down hill. I couldn't gain control of myself...eating at a buffet one night (never a good idea) eating 2 pieces of cake (another night), popcorn, 2 large beers, candy...I know there is more stuff but I was eating compulsively and can't remember everything. I worry that I will never be able to get control of my eating once I'm on phase 4 and can eat more stuff. You know how it can be you're given an inch and you'll take a mile. This morning I started right back on protocol and plan to stay there. I have 15 lbs to go and want to get there.

Another thing I learned from this experience besides not being ready to be off the program is how bad I felt. I was so bloated and just felt heavy and uncomfortable.

I love the way I feel when I'm OP. We stopped at some outlet stores on the way there and I was excited that I could fit into a size 10 from a size 14/16. So I don't understand why I felt I needed to "celebrate" by eating off protocol.

I love to use sugar free syrups in my cappaccino and chocolate drink. Our Sams just started carrying DeVince Syrups. They have SF hazelnut, carmel, vanilla, rasberry, and Khluha (my fav). I love to use the Khluha in my chocolate drink. I mix the drink with ice in the blender just until there are still ice crystals or use the shaved ice from my kids snow cone maker. I also like to use the SF raspberry and make a snow cone for a little treat.

I hope everyone stays OP today...take it from me it's not worth the guilty and bloated feelings from eating off protocol.
  • Wow, You Are Great!
    Quote: I posted on experienced thread too but I wanted to pop over hear and say that I'm struggling so bad...right near the finish line. I'm recommitting today and going to have a long talk with my coach tomorrow to see if this is the time to phase off. I'm dying to start exercising again!

So, here's to fresh starts. I know IP works when followed (see ticker).
    You seem to be a bit bored with the lack of "new" challenge. If you think again about Week 1, seven pounds could be nothing. You could have lost it within a week. Then It WAS challenging AND rewarding at the same time.

Now you may not have the same kind of excitement and because of this, you get bored and the number starts to bother you...I am putting myself in your shoes...

But you know what?
    I am truly envious of you. You should give yourself a pat on the shoulder. And when you feel like it, you can start again (as you are obviously thinking about it).

I have just started and I don't know how I can go through many weeks of daily struggles. In my eyes, you look awesome and powerful.
  • Joy of Life and Food
    Quote: I love to use sugar free syrups in my cappaccino and chocolate drink. Our Sams just started carrying DeVince Syrups. They have SF hazelnut, carmel, vanilla, rasberry, and Khluha (my fav). I love to use the Khluha in my chocolate drink. I mix the drink with ice in the blender just until there are still ice crystals or use the shaved ice from my kids snow cone maker. I also like to use the SF raspberry and make a snow cone for a little treat.

I hope everyone stays OP today...take it from me it's not worth the guilty and bloated feelings from eating off protocol.
    I am so like you. We love life and food too much, don't we?
    Now, let's think about the size 8 skirt of our dreams.
  • Hello, IP friends!

I guess I am a good advertisement for this plan because 3 people in my life have very recently started the program themselves. I'm so excited for all of them!

Today is going to be a really busy day--work til 3:30, meeting with a lawn care person at 4, running an errand, need to fit in dinner, try to be at one of our properties by 5 to finish a drywall patch (appraisal is tomorrow), and then go to our new house and start moving tonight around 7:30.

Sometimes I overdo it, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep my spirits up and get things done. Sometimes frustration kills me in my endeavors.

We're moving in the next couple of weeks to our dream home and I'm super excited about it!

I haven't lost much weight this week, but then again, I always think that and am shocked at WI. I always hope for at least 2 pounds--so that's what I'm hoping for this week, too! I don't WI til Wednesday, so I've got some time.

One thing I am really grateful for right now is the level of activity in my life. If I were bored on a regular basis, I would obsess over food ALL. THE. TIME. Between writing page after page for homework assignments and moving to a new house (and consequently selling one and renting one) coupled with my normal day job, I just don't have time to worry about food. I eat what is OP and move on with my life.

Another reason I succeed--it's so easy.

Good luck everyone! Stay OP!
  • New to Ideal Protein !!

I'm soooo excited ! I have my consultation this wednesday with my IP coach. After spending some google'ing the diet & reading the posts from the website I can't wait to start. I have a couple friends/family members on the diet that have had AWESOME results. I think my whole life i've battled with my weight & the only success i've had was with starvation diets. By no means do I consiter myself "fat" but I am very unhappy with my body. I can't remember the last time I put on my bathing suit or wore a pair of shorts with confidence.

I've always been up & down with my weight, seems I always manage to pack on the pounds when i'm in a relationship, or slim down when i'm single. I've never been a dedicated gym go'er either - I have cycles where i'll go 3 x a week, then i'll slack for weeks at a time. My eating habbits are BAD. I basically live on fast food and portugese food. I occasionally eat "healthy" but I always feel starved so I end up binge eating. I'm lucky im on the taller side to carry out the weight better, but with my scrub uniforms off it isn't pretty ! I've always been a "tommorrow dieter" , tom i'll start my diet, tom i'll
    eat better... SURE but tom was like 5 years ago !

I think what put me over the edge was my vacation with my boyfriend and friends to the jersey shore. All the girls got into their little bikinis and here I was with my one piece ( it's a sexy one but still ). Then when we were at the concert, the guys put all the girls on there shoulders to get a better view, my boyfriend didn't even offer ! LOL, I knew that I was too heavy but man was that a big REALITY CHECK ! Then when I joke-ing-ly ask if I could be put on his shoulders ... his response "babe, you know I would if I could but your not petite like these girls, their like 100 pounds" oh man did that feel awful

At times I get so fusterated with myself, like really lindsey? if you are so unhappy with yourself, why not do something rather that EAT. My boyfriend is really supportive, but he has even worse eating habbits ( but of course he's thin ! ) it's not easy to eat a salad on the side of someone clearing out a plate of french fries ....

Regardless i'm ready, i'm ready for a new plan & a new me ! I'm 23 years old and I want to show off my hott bod, not hide it! I'm not going to lie the last couple of days i've been having a "food going away party" i've been eating my fav foods and enjoying them while I can, BUT when wednesday comes... It's ON !!! I can't wait to check back with everyone, I hope I have some success to share ... can't wait to have my flower @ my goal weight !

• Good morning everyone! It was a very fast weekend and am not that excited about being at work! Things went well, haven't seen the scale move much this week but I am hoping for a loss this Tues for my WI! I am sorry for you that do not like your clinics...have you looked at finding another one that maybe you could transfer to? I feel lucky that I enjoy my clinic I feel like they are there to truly help me! Hope everyone has a good Monday!!
  • Quote: Thanks MInewgoal for opening the thread. I always like reading these threads and check it throughout the day.

Today though, I'm feeling a little down. Last week at my WI at 265 and today this morning I'm 265. I went up this weekend to 269!!! (ACK!). I know there is a struggle in my body and I know there is no reason that I wouldn't loose or stay the same. But I'm in a cycle of anxiety right now...:/ I have commented in the past that I find the struggle that my body goes through somewhat interesting...but I'm not finding that interesting anymore.

I'm following the protocol but does anyone else have these types of roller coasters and feel themselves super duper anxious that they will not have a loss at weigh in?

I had a really good weekend otherwise, I just wish it would STOP RAINING here already.

Carla

sorry you're stuck in the rain out there, I have family out there and hear its been awful, we are used to it in BC lol. I had some weeks where I had a pound of weight loss and was getting really bummed. Alot of my issue as far as I can tell was related to all the issues in the bathroom department. I have had bigger numbers the last few weeks and all I've changed is to drink LOTS of water and I'm doing the Novi cleanse again. I find things work better (bathroom dept.) and I feel so much better too. I've always drank alot of water so I haven't concentrated on it much but since I have given it more attention I've noticed a difference...oh and less coffee, which was hard for me at first but I'm adjusting.
  • It makes me sad to hear the struggles we all face but at the same time its good to know we are all going through the ups and downs and can support eachother. Not being alone is a great feeling...even if reaching out has to be over these boards, I can tell already that this is going to be a great place for me.

Yesterday was tough.We went up to spread my grandfather's ashes (he passed two days after my wedding in Oct....everyone acknowledges that he wanted to see me married- and he did see pictures before slipping away) and we ate at the country club. The meal was preselected by my uncle so food just started appearing in front of us. Of course as everyone else was serving themselves potatoes, corn bread (weakness for me), pastries, etc...there I was furiously sea salting my salad, eating only the broccoli, and trying to figure out how much my steak weighed/what was on it without looking like a freak. My husband was amazing and didn't touch anything he knew would make me salivate as he was sitting beside me. People did look at me strangely though. Thankfully I managed to mumble something about new plan by doctor and people didn't say much. I stayed OP but kept telling myself that if I can just make it to Thanksgiving I will let myself slack off... is this nuts of me?

My variety pack is thankfully going to be gone by my weigh in on Thursday. And whatever items are remaining I am going to try to trade. I just need to settle on which 3/4 boxes I want.

I really am inspired by all of the success here and the overcoming of challenges. I just hope my first WI goes well and that I can conquer these 40lbs for the rest of my life. Maybe I will even run another marathon...and get a better time!

Good luck everyone.
  • Quote: Kelly, everyone is allowed here . From time to time we get some men kicking around on the boards...the braver ones comment, but we know you're out there!
    Thanks Jordanna - I saw another man's post - Dan I think - so I know there are a few of us out here. I bet you're right that there are more lurking about. I'm just glad to find some folks to visit with about this journey as it can be frustrating at times. I am excited about the IP plan though as it seems well conceived and pretty simple to follow - simple is better for me.