Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Happy Friday IPers! I see alot of people having weight loss stalls, me included and I just wondered something. I am in Canada, and its friggin humid these last two weeks. I was wondering if maybe our bodies were holding on to more water when the temperature gets warmer. I remember when I was larger my feet and hands would swell with the high heat. I dont have that now but just maybe our bodies keep a bit more fluid like to protect itself or something. If so maybe to increase the water intake, might help?
Any thoughts?
I never thought of that! I'm in Ontario and it's been Hot & humid, of course I've been outside going for walks (well pushing a quad stroller) with the kids... I'll have to try uping the water, see of that helps!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #32  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

WOW REDHEAD14! That is so awesome! You must be so psyched... Smile. Keep up the great work.

YAY for the first time in 24 years I'm in the 180s!!!!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY... actually I'm in shock. I cheated enough just to stay in the 190s an extra week till I figured out I was scared. New territories. What have I to fear! NOTHING! I feel so much better and even look better to myself (everyone else says that but it had to get through my eyes for me to appreciate it). Have a great IP weekend! Let's all do our best to enjoy the Fathers in our lives without losing IP ground. Smile. Kathy

Old 06-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon IP'rs!! Well since my Friday off has been rainy, I spent the morning baking tons of goodies for the hubby and kids and a friend... Ribs are in the oven slow cooking and hopefully we will be off to the campground by 6 if the weather cooperates! Today started off so crappy, my new iPod is broke, my laptop died and some other emotional events...But, I have stayed OP and I am sooo proud of me right now! I still dont know how I managed to bake 5 deserts dishes w/out licking my fingers. Oh well! Everyone have a great day and keep making those "right" choices!!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
WOW REDHEAD14! That is so awesome! You must be so psyched... Smile. Keep up the great work.

YAY for the first time in 24 years I'm in the 180s!!!!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY... actually I'm in shock. I cheated enough just to stay in the 190s an extra week till I figured out I was scared. New territories. What have I to fear! NOTHING! I feel so much better and even look better to myself (everyone else says that but it had to get through my eyes for me to appreciate it). Have a great IP weekend! Let's all do our best to enjoy the Fathers in our lives without losing IP ground. Smile. Kathy

Good for you!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
This morning the director of my kids' daycare came up and told me how fabulous I look. Apparently the staff is all talking about it!!
That is so exciting!! I say let them all talk! LOL! A lot of times I find the compliments are much more encouraging than the scale. My girls from the coffee shop (where I get my unsweetend tea) are fabulous always rutting me on. With encouragment like that why would I make my own tea at home.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 215/179/150

Hi! I am new here. I have been looking at all these posts since I started Ideal protein 8 weeks ago. I couldn't figure the site out lol. I have been soo inspired by everyones weight loss!

one for every pound I have lost so far!

W1 (-10), W2 (-9), W3 (-3), W4 (-3), W5 (-2), W6 (-0), W7 (+0.5),
W8 ( -9.5)

Last edited by Megan232323; 06-17-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
prepare your food before you go. I made a Broccoli salad last week for a day trip and it was very filling. I take extra water and ice in a cooler as I love drinking my water now but it has to be cold... and throw in your shaker and whatever drink/pudding you want and you are good to go. Take a snack with you so when you are tempted you can open a bar, or a bag of chips or whatever and have a little to satisfy you. Hope this helps...
Thanks!! I didn't think about bringing pudding or my shaker along! this will help a lot i think!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #38  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan232323 View Post
Hi! I am new here. I have been looking at all these posts since I started Ideal protein 8 weeks ago. I couldn't figure the site out lol. I have been soo inspired by everyones weight loss!

one for every pound I have lost so far!

SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!!! I am still trying to figure the site out. I know how to post comments thats about it! lol
Old 06-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 215/179/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT!!! I am still trying to figure the site out. I know how to post comments thats about it! lol
Haha, ya it has been a challenge but I finally got the hang of it lol.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Today is day 4 for me. I had the orange pancakes (was sooo looking forward to having them, but was not really impressed by the flavor )

Other than that, everything seems good. It kind of baffles me a little that I've had no side effects yet. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I've been having a restricted item every day (as they were given to me).

Anyway, congrats on all of your accomplishments!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #41  
started on June 14

S/C/G: 185/ticker/120

Height: 5.2 1/2

This is my Day 4 and I am so miserable with hunger. I think it is worse than Day 2 or 3. Is it normal?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #42  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan kay View Post
This is my Day 4 and I am so miserable with hunger. I think it is worse than Day 2 or 3. Is it normal?
Hang in there!! For me it was day 5, had to adjust my times of eating a little and save some veggies for later afternoon to get me thru to supper. Don't be afraid to adjust some things to fit your body, listen to it.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Oh My Goodness!

WI #10 for me this afternoon and another 3lbs gone. I've been watching my weight all week and didn't think I would have lost anything this weigh in! I was so suprised that I asked if I could weigh again right after! Only 1 inch lost, but I can live with that!

Here's to a fantastic OP weekend for everyone!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 166/166/126

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone!! Today is my day 2 of IP and my second post!! Yesterday was especially hard due to major caffeine withdrawal. The headache I had was unreal... In addition, I couldn't even choke down the chocolate drink, and the cream of chicken soup was just so-so. I was majorly disappointed/discouraged and didn't know how I would be able to stick to this if I didn't enjoy any of the prodicts.
So today I went to my cousins house, (who has been on IP for the past 3 months and is now in phase 3), and she lent me some packets to use until I can go exchange the chocolate drink and soup. She also gave me some ideas of how to incorporate veggies into my meals, as I am NOT a big veggie eater. I tried the packets she gave me and the omelet and chocolate pudding are fabulous!
So, I'm much more optimistic at the end of day 2! I weighed myself this morning and lost 3 pounds in one day, which, even if it is pure water weight, is keeping me motivated. haha. I love reading all these posts and am so glad that I can log on here and relate to so many people! Thank you everyone for the inpiration!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy TGIF Everyone, I hope you had a great day that will lead into a great weekend!!!

Welcome to the newbies and congratulations to all those who have had SVs and NSVs this week!

Keep up the great work everone!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude"
- Amy Tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Friday!

OMG I'm so glad it's Friday. Too bad it's raining buckets.

I am PMSing big time this week and it's really working against me. I feel crabby and tired and I want to eat all kinds of stuff that I know I shouldn't. After 66 days I feel saturated with IP- well, with me focusing on IP and weight loss. It's going to be a seriously rough weekend for me to stay on track.

I guess I could use some willpower vibes form those who are kind enough to send them! Can't wait until next week when this PMS will lift... never really thought I'd hear myself say that...

I hope you all have a great day!
: :

Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
Stepped on the scale this morning and I am down to 188!! That is a loss of 65 lbs in 19 weeks. Wow! Really didn't think I would ever get here.
I had a great NSV last night. Once a month I go to a local library for a fiber arts (spinning/knitting/crocheting/weaving) get together. I usually only see these people once a month. I walked in last night and one of the ladies did a double take and said something like "Where is the rest of you." There was probably a full 5 minutes of "Wows" and "You look greats". I also made plans to go to a friend's farewell party on Sunday. There will be a handful of people there that I have known for a long time but haven't seen since last fall. I can't wait to see the looks I get!
I can so sympathize with everyone who is having a stall. It is so hard to work so hard and be so "good" and not see a reward everytime we step on the scale. When that happens, I always try to remind myself that it is a marathon - it will come and the weight will go away - it just takes time. I also remind myself of how many other programs and diets that I have tried that didn't work or took a really long time to work. About 25 years ago I lost 75 lbs on Weight Watchers but it took me a year and a half. This hasn't even been 5 months yet. I still get discouraged but it does help to have a little "pep" talk with myself.
That is excellent!!! Way to go!!!
Closed Thread