Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

YUM chocolate mint pudding sounds delish! I'll have to try it. I've heard a lot of ppl talk about making the puddings into shakes by adding more water I want to try that also!

Congrats on your miscalculation too maykatcooper !! WOOHOO!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday!

OMG I'm so glad it's Friday. Too bad it's raining buckets.

I am PMSing big time this week and it's really working against me. I feel crabby and tired and I want to eat all kinds of stuff that I know I shouldn't. After 66 days I feel saturated with IP- well, with me focusing on IP and weight loss. It's going to be a seriously rough weekend for me to stay on track.

I guess I could use some willpower vibes form those who are kind enough to send them! Can't wait until next week when this PMS will lift... never really thought I'd hear myself say that...

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Stepped on the scale this morning and I am down to 188!! That is a loss of 65 lbs in 19 weeks. Wow! Really didn't think I would ever get here.
I had a great NSV last night. Once a month I go to a local library for a fiber arts (spinning/knitting/crocheting/weaving) get together. I usually only see these people once a month. I walked in last night and one of the ladies did a double take and said something like "Where is the rest of you." There was probably a full 5 minutes of "Wows" and "You look greats". I also made plans to go to a friend's farewell party on Sunday. There will be a handful of people there that I have known for a long time but haven't seen since last fall. I can't wait to see the looks I get!
I can so sympathize with everyone who is having a stall. It is so hard to work so hard and be so "good" and not see a reward everytime we step on the scale. When that happens, I always try to remind myself that it is a marathon - it will come and the weight will go away - it just takes time. I also remind myself of how many other programs and diets that I have tried that didn't work or took a really long time to work. About 25 years ago I lost 75 lbs on Weight Watchers but it took me a year and a half. This hasn't even been 5 months yet. I still get discouraged but it does help to have a little "pep" talk with myself.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 232.9/187/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone-I thought i'd introduce myself and thank everyone for their great support. I lost 42lbs last year on IP, took off 6 months regained about 10lbs, hated the way I felt and decided to get back to the program. I restarted on June 10, had my 1st weigh in yesterday and have already lost 6 of the pounds I regained. I love IP!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #20  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

LAKERLOVER how very exciting! That is fantastic! It is also good for me to hear. To have regained only 10 pounds and then jump back on is worth of praise. Good job - and may I be so responsible when I reach goal! Smile.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #21  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
abbykitty1126 it is wonderful that you have found this site so early in your ADVENTURE! I was almost 2 mos in when I happened upon this amazing aid! 2RIDERROLLERCOAST has a fantastic idea right above you ... to add mint extract to the chocolate pudding! THAT SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

Well my arithmetic skills stink and I'm so glad they do... I made a mistake. I'm not 12 pounds away from Phase 2, I'm only 1.68 pounds away from Phase 2... that translates into 1 normal week or 2 slow loss weeks! Either way, I'm so EXCITED! Can you tell? LOL!

Choco-mint pudding for snack tonight! Thanks 2RIDERROLLERCOAST!

congratulations I am always so excited for people moving onto another phase that just gives me a little push for the goal and you all provide so much information it is very helpful. With the chocolate puddings I also add Davinci sugar free syrups, I have peanut butter, caramel and Almond Roca. I love to add them to my chocolate pudding. I have more flavors I want to try but that is all I have used so far, I also had Raspberry that went well with the chocolate pudding and a little coffee( I used second cup chocolate raspberry coffee) put in a blender with ice like a really nice mocha chino... yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprotein View Post
Hi! So I'm pretty new at this (going on my third week) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for days away from home with friends when I don't have my kitchen to make food in or have a lot of temptations?
prepare your food before you go. I made a Broccoli salad last week for a day trip and it was very filling. I take extra water and ice in a cooler as I love drinking my water now but it has to be cold... and throw in your shaker and whatever drink/pudding you want and you are good to go. Take a snack with you so when you are tempted you can open a bar, or a bag of chips or whatever and have a little to satisfy you. Hope this helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Friday!

OMG I'm so glad it's Friday. Too bad it's raining buckets.

I am PMSing big time this week and it's really working against me. I feel crabby and tired and I want to eat all kinds of stuff that I know I shouldn't. After 66 days I feel saturated with IP- well, with me focusing on IP and weight loss. It's going to be a seriously rough weekend for me to stay on track.

I guess I could use some willpower vibes form those who are kind enough to send them! Can't wait until next week when this PMS will lift... never really thought I'd hear myself say that...

I hope you all have a great day!
I am sending willpower vibes your way. I look at this as my gift to myself and have set a goal and my mind is made up to not cheat until phase 4, I am starting my 5th month so I am hoping I have the willpower to continue right to my goal. I have gone to parties and baked and have tons of candy at work and still I know this is a very short time in my life and if I really needed those things I have found a replacement with IP foods. Kind of scared when I have to switch to real food again, I think the IP foods are kind of a crutch... sending as much willpower your way as you need. Have a great weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
Stepped on the scale this morning and I am down to 188!! That is a loss of 65 lbs in 19 weeks. Wow! Really didn't think I would ever get here.
I had a great NSV last night. Once a month I go to a local library for a fiber arts (spinning/knitting/crocheting/weaving) get together. I usually only see these people once a month. I walked in last night and one of the ladies did a double take and said something like "Where is the rest of you." There was probably a full 5 minutes of "Wows" and "You look greats". I also made plans to go to a friend's farewell party on Sunday. There will be a handful of people there that I have known for a long time but haven't seen since last fall. I can't wait to see the looks I get!
I can so sympathize with everyone who is having a stall. It is so hard to work so hard and be so "good" and not see a reward everytime we step on the scale. When that happens, I always try to remind myself that it is a marathon - it will come and the weight will go away - it just takes time. I also remind myself of how many other programs and diets that I have tried that didn't work or took a really long time to work. About 25 years ago I lost 75 lbs on Weight Watchers but it took me a year and a half. This hasn't even been 5 months yet. I still get discouraged but it does help to have a little "pep" talk with myself.
Wow you are doing great, looks like we started around the same time that is amazing. Isn't it funny how we lose weight though? I am at 180 now but can fit in clothing that I couldn't fit in at 180 before, that just goes to prove that IP does burn the fat and I can feel it happening each and every day. It is also very weird to be called skinny, as I still see me as fat. I work with such a great bunch of people and because they work shiftwork and I don't, I don't see them every day and just some of the comments I had recently are so nice. Yesterday one of the guy's said if I continue to lose weight he won't be able to see me. Not true but nice. I feel great that I am kind of a model for our office as I know of at least 3 people that have started or asked me about it and it gives me a little bit of pride to know it is because of IP and Couts71, 2rideagain and me for improving ourselves. My agility friends are now asking about IP as well, so it is a pay it forward kind of plan. Have a great day and congrats on your weight loss You are AMAZING:goodv ibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerlover View Post
Hi Everyone-I thought i'd introduce myself and thank everyone for their great support. I lost 42lbs last year on IP, took off 6 months regained about 10lbs, hated the way I felt and decided to get back to the program. I restarted on June 10, had my 1st weigh in yesterday and have already lost 6 of the pounds I regained. I love IP!!
Welcome back, and congrats on your lose of 6 lbs you are doing great. I of course LOVE this plan, I think I like it because there is no counting or thinking involved. Did you do the 4 phases last time? How was it? did you find any particular phase difficult? Have a great weekend.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

This morning the director of my kids' daycare came up and told me how fabulous I look. Apparently the staff is all talking about it!!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #23  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
This morning the director of my kids' daycare came up and told me how fabulous I look. Apparently the staff is all talking about it!!
that is so cool congrats. It is important to hear those complements, it gives you a big boost when you need one.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #24  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

I literally just started today so I hope it is okay that I post here with the rest of you more experienced members!

I am really really excited to be trying this diet and certainly hope it is my last. I have about 40-50lbs to lose and am striving to get down my first 20lbs before our vacation to Montana on 8/18. I am really active...prior to IP I was working out 5-6 days a week (3 with a trainer, 3 running or cycling days). I am now cutting it down to boot camp class 2xs a week and my trainer once. My IP coach suggested I eliminate all exercise but if I HAD to do it, to eat an extra snack on my exercise days. Anyone have tips to lose while still remaining active?

This week has been hard at work and ending it with a new diet plan is really scary. I am hoping to master it by Monday when I get back to the office and also hoping to see at least a 5lb loss next Thurs when I weigh in.

Happy weekend everyone...will be an interesting one for me...we are going north to spread my grandfather's ashes on father's day. Emotional day I am sure.

GOOD LUCK and keep up the good work.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 232.9/187/165

Height: 5'8"

2RIDEROLLERCOAST-I to love that there is no counting involved with IP. I didn't do all of the phases only to phase II. I learned to eat better and really watched my carb intake. Most of the 10Lbs I regained were in the last 3 months- I had 2 family weddings & several graduation parties!! You have done an amazing job on this program and give great support to others!!

Everyone else have a great OP weekend!!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
65 lbs in 19 weeks...WOOHOO!! Well done!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!! TGIF!! Its been an ok week and I am ready for the weekend. Having a garage sale this weekend with some friends so I hope its not too hot. I also have stalled on the scale but am trying to stay off it for a few days so I don't get too upset. I am sure it will pick back up again soon! Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

Champaignsupernova-welcome and good luck with your first weekend with IP. I am sorry to hear about your grandfather!

Last edited by Timetolose; 06-17-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so super excited! Stepped on the scale this morning to 162!!! I was 100% OP yesterday and it was just the encouragment I needed. I'm really hoping to hit my mini goal that has already passed and then some byt next Friday!

Congrats everyone on the SV and NSV!! So awesome!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #29  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello IPers. I'm sick as a dog and struggling to stay on plan with this cold. I have no appetite for meat or veggies but today I'm back and I know I'll have a few days of cravings and struggle until I hit ketosis again but I'm up for the challenge!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #30  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

To everyone!! We all made it one more week and are stronger and healthier.

A week of highs and lows with a new baby for a good friend and the loss of one of my parents dear friend. Oh how emotions play with me wanting foods but thru it all I stayed 100% OP.

All worth it for WI#4.......down 7lbs!!!!!!!!!

That makes 22lbs in 4 weeks, before IP it took 3 months with a trainer and counting calories to lose 15lbs.

IP ROCKS and most of all so do all of YOU!!!
Closed Thread