3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Weekend chat thread: Friday June 17- sunday June 19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/235814-weekend-chat-thread-friday-june-17-sunday-june-19-a.html)

Susie_Bee 06-19-2011 07:01 AM

Happy Sunday everyone and happy Father's Day to all of the dads, step-dads, grandfathers and those acting as dads.

:hug: to those who are missing their dad today.

My dad was invited for dinner but has chosen to spend the day with my brother instead (my brother is always welcome here but never comes over). I must say that I've been busy and was totally unprepared, so I am really kind of relieved by this! We'll try and do something for him next week instead (maybe go out to dinner when the restaurants won't be so crowded and when I should be starting phase IV!).

Yesterday, I wore a casual sundress to go shopping with my family, for the first time since I was a little girl, and I loved it! I felt like a different person! I guess I AM a different person!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pselias (Post 3896700)
Good morning, fellow IPers! Let's have a super OP Saturday!!!
My son has been asking for spaghetti, so I promised him I would make some for dinner tonight. I'm going to modify my sauce (no brown sugar) but otherwise should be OP if I just eat that - no pasta or cheese for mama.

If you can find it near you, I would recommend trying House Foods Shiratake Spaghetti noodles: rinse them really well and put in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, drain and rinse again. I actually like them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by collegeprotein (Post 3897220)
ugh. I am getting so sick of vegetables. It's hard for me to even choke them down anymore. Does anyone have any advice on how to make them more edible or less vegetable-y?

Have you tried stir-frying them?

Here's what I like to do - it works for most veggies:

- Wash and cut vegetables into chunks, strips, slices or flowerets, depending on the vegetable;
- Put a bit of olive oil, a bit of low-sodum chicken broth (watch the ingredients) and a sprinkle of salt in a fry pan and add some ground ginger and heat over high heat until pan is hot (you can put in a drop of cold water and when it "reacts" the pan is ready). I mix the oil & broth because olive oil is not meant for high-heat cooking methods;
- Add your veggies and stir for 30-60 seconds;
- Add about 1/2 cup of broth, cover and let steam until veggies have reached the desired tenderness: if you are doing a mix of veggies put harder, longer-cooer veggies in first (like peppers, then broccoli or cauliflower, then zuchini and mushrooms last). It may take some experimenting;
- Once veggies have reached desired tenderness, you can add a splash of soya sauce (optional) and some pepper;
- Leave cover off to boil off excess liquid and/or just serve with slotted spoon.

Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MInewgoal (Post 3896293)
Susie- Look at you rocking the belted shirt!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

&

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0vingon (Post 3896405)
Thanks Susie! I had to say- loving the new avatar! You look smashing...and so happy! :D:D

&

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 3896627)
Susie. Love, love, love your new picture. You look great!

&

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROWNEYES47 (Post 3896918)
Woweee, Susie Bee!!! I just saw your new picture! WHAT A BABE!!!

Congratulation on your Success!!!!

&

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lace and Levis (Post 3896930)
Susie Bee ~ I just saw your picture ... talk about GORGEOUS! Not just wearing the "big belt" but lookin' GREAT while doing it! High Five! :yay:

Thank you so much! You are all awesome and have made my day! :D

(It's actually a short-sleeved blazer that I ran out and bought the night before because I was working at a 2-day off-site meeting and had nothing to wear - that fits - for the second day...)

Pxlkitty4 06-19-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collegeprotein (Post 3897220)
ugh. I am getting so sick of vegetables. It's hard for me to even choke them down anymore. Does anyone have any advice on how to make them more edible or less vegetable-y?

Check out the recipe thread. I developed a meatball recipe that uses grated zucchini and turnip. That is one way to make them less vegetabley. I also like to roast vegetables since they shrink. If you like potatoes, you might also try the celery root soup. It tastes like potato leek soup and is a good way to sneak in veggies.

Meatballs: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3834212-post440.html

Porthardygurl 06-19-2011 10:45 AM

Well Good morning all...a grey Fathers Day in Port Hardy.. I have just spent the past 3 days celebrating Father's Day with my hunny..Its his official first Father's day.. I got him a whale watching kayak tour that he went on and i took him to dinner on a date the other night to celebrate Father's Day...

Well..today is going to be tough..but im going to make it work..Im officially going to start Day 1 of Phase 1 using my whey shakes while i wait for my shipment.. Its going to be a challenge choking it down for the next couple days till my other tasty stuff arrives..I guess by the time the other stuff arrives..it will be like a treat for me..:)

Tonite of course..is Father's day and we are going over to our friends house and i was asked to teach everyone how to make sushi...Doesnt that just suck??

Is there some law in the universe that says "When starting a new diet, you will be invited over to someone's house for dinner or invited out for dinner"?

It seems like every single time i start a diet plan because i have nothing tempting standing in my way...along comes an invite to dinner or dinner out or a dessert and people arrive at my door etc...and its just like "For the love of doughnuts...just go away!"...

Of course, i cant say no to tonite's invite as its a pre-planned celebration...So im just trying to think of what im going to bring for myself to eat while everyone eats sushi...Maybe couscous cauliflour fried rice?? Any thoughts? Its got to taste as good or better than sushi..or else i will end up eating sushi instead..?

abbykitty1126 06-19-2011 10:56 AM

Today is Day 4 for me.. Yesterday was rough a lot of cravings and I have 4 brothers that like to put good fatty food in my face! grrr... but I stuck with it and didn't cheat and I feel much better today. I am ready to start experimenting with the recipes on here too. My coach suggested I try the packets as they are first to see what I like but I get bored easily..time to spice things up! I've said it before but have to say it again I really appreciate everyone who posts!!!! This site has def saved me get through my weekend.

texan kay 06-19-2011 12:30 PM

Good morning, fellow IPers!
I am starting my Day 6 today. Four meals later, meaning tomorrow afternoon, I will have my first WI. I am sure 4+ Lbs "melted" away from my body. I know...I know... most of the weight loss could be simply the absence of food I might have eaten otherwise...nonetheless, I can say that I am not carrying that volume around!!!!

Side effect: Every morning, I am in good mood. Every afternoon, I am snappy and mean, probably the psychological effect of carbo withdrawal. I will be better behaving today, I hope.

Lace and Levis 06-19-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalchuckgracie (Post 3897430)
so i went to a family cook out, and NO ONE said anything about me losing weight. that hurt, but i have to suck it up and keep going cause i have a long way to go. :(

Hang in there sweetie! You're doing fabulous! Everytime you accomplish something new even if it's not a scale victory you need to stop and take a minute to feel your accomplishment. If you don't have to suck in to button your pants, stop and tell yourself, I did this and I am proud of myself. Pat yourself on the shoulder when you walk past the junk food in the store and be proud that you are in control of what you choose to put in your body. Stand infront of a mirror and really look at yourself and tell yourself, "It's my turn to be happy and enjoy life". After getting through some of the awkwardness of talking to yourself and giving yourself positive feedback you will find how easy it is to build yourself up. You won't need any ones approval because you are in control of being proud of yourself. You can do it. Think of us as your extended and understanding family. :hug: We're here for you!

PS ~ Warning: people tend to look at you funny if talk to yourself out loud in public. So remember it's okay to talk out loud at home where they know you. In public you do it quietly to yourself and walk around with a grin that says you have a secret that no one knows. Then you leave them wondering what's up with that beautiful woman with the mischievious smile on her face. (Not that I speak from experience or anything. LOL)

pselias 06-19-2011 01:23 PM

Found keytone strips at Wal-Mart. I have trace amounts so am relieved. That darn scale hasn't budged the last few days so I was worried. I'm going to try and lay off the restricteds for a couple of days to see if I can jumpstart my weight loss again.

NSV - I have been to the movies 3 times since starting IP, and I haven't touched a single piece of popcorn! My husband & kids had it, but I didn't have to fight it at all!

As usual, everyone on here is amazing, knowledgeable, and supportive. Thanks for everything!

blkbmr06 06-19-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 3897632)
Well Good morning all...a grey Fathers Day in Port Hardy.. I have just spent the past 3 days celebrating Father's Day with my hunny..Its his official first Father's day.. I got him a whale watching kayak tour that he went on and i took him to dinner on a date the other night to celebrate Father's Day...

Well..today is going to be tough..but im going to make it work..Im officially going to start Day 1 of Phase 1 using my whey shakes while i wait for my shipment.. Its going to be a challenge choking it down for the next couple days till my other tasty stuff arrives..I guess by the time the other stuff arrives..it will be like a treat for me..:)

Tonite of course..is Father's day and we are going over to our friends house and i was asked to teach everyone how to make sushi...Doesnt that just suck??

Is there some law in the universe that says "When starting a new diet, you will be invited over to someone's house for dinner or invited out for dinner"?

It seems like every single time i start a diet plan because i have nothing tempting standing in my way...along comes an invite to dinner or dinner out or a dessert and people arrive at my door etc...and its just like "For the love of doughnuts...just go away!"...

Of course, i cant say no to tonite's invite as its a pre-planned celebration...So im just trying to think of what im going to bring for myself to eat while everyone eats sushi...Maybe couscous cauliflour fried rice?? Any thoughts? Its got to taste as good or better than sushi..or else i will end up eating sushi instead..?

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail".....So, that thought is stuck in your head now so PLAN to make your own IP Friendly sushi rolls. Just use cauliflower rice instead of sticky icky rice. Put your own veggies or whatever protein you want, roll up and tell 'em, MINE ARE SOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS, but you go ahead and eat the others...and think quietly to yourself, "tomorrow, I'll be a little smaller and the rest of you will be bloated from too much food :D Also, start looking at their food this way, "I can't BELIEVE you eat all that stuff, your cholesterol must be sky high!"

On Friday, my Grandson stopped by and had a pack of those chocolate dipped donuts My dh said, "Oh man, those look good!" I replied, "actually they taste like wax!" And he said, "You know, I never really thought about it before, but yeah-they do taste like wax!" When GS left I said, "You forgot your snack!" He said, "G'ma, if you say they taste like wax, I'm NOT going to eat them, just thow them away." What an NSV!!!!!

kdspirited 06-19-2011 02:21 PM

Todays NSV. I fit into an old pair of jeans today that I havent worn in two and a half years. Yay! so excited. i am on a jeans to jeans challenge. I am on to the next pair that I still cant ft into

SashaJS 06-19-2011 02:54 PM

Well I had my WI Friday - down 3lbs!! Woohoo! I have officially lost over 50 pounds AND I am now lower than my pre-Hawaii weight! Yahoo!! :)

Porthardygurl 06-19-2011 03:10 PM

hmmm cauliflour sushi hey? Never thought of that before...might have to give that one a try...

pselias 06-19-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SashaJS (Post 3897869)
Well I had my WI Friday - down 3lbs!! Woohoo! I have officially lost over 50 pounds AND I am now lower than my pre-Hawaii weight! Yahoo!! :)

Amazing!! good for you.

whisperingshouts 06-19-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champaignsupernova (Post 3895639)
I literally just started today so I hope it is okay that I post here with the rest of you more experienced members!

I am really really excited to be trying this diet and certainly hope it is my last. I have about 40-50lbs to lose and am striving to get down my first 20lbs before our vacation to Montana on 8/18. I am really active...prior to IP I was working out 5-6 days a week (3 with a trainer, 3 running or cycling days). I am now cutting it down to boot camp class 2xs a week and my trainer once. My IP coach suggested I eliminate all exercise but if I HAD to do it, to eat an extra snack on my exercise days. Anyone have tips to lose while still remaining active?

This week has been hard at work and ending it with a new diet plan is really scary. I am hoping to master it by Monday when I get back to the office and also hoping to see at least a 5lb loss next Thurs when I weigh in.

Happy weekend everyone...will be an interesting one for me...we are going north to spread my grandfather's ashes on father's day. Emotional day I am sure.

GOOD LUCK and keep up the good work.

You will find your groove in no time. I'm starting the plan again on Monday after a 3 month hiatis.. I won't call it a break, because I had a lot happen and just gave up.. But they are right when they refer to this as your "last" diet. I didn't even consider anything else when I was mentally ready to restart my journey.
Best of luck to you!!!