Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Question Anyone live in Vancouver?? Looking for restaurant suggestions

Hi all! I will be traveling to Vancouver, BC Canada in a few days, and I am looking for any healthy restaurant suggestions from anyone who lives there or has been there recently. I'm sure that I can get a salad anywhere, but it's hard sifting through TripAdvisor suggestions! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance...
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:54 AM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Im sure going to a Moxies would work or a Med Grill..they tend to have roast chicken and steaks as well as Salmon and other fish like Tuna.. If you want something cheaper..try Red Robins..they do bunless burgers...and veggie burgers..and good salads..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Whitespot is a good one..they have items on their Lifestyles menu that are approved by the heart and stroke foundation. They do these big bowl salads and have been good to me regarding my requirements (I have been to one of their restaurants on Vancouver Island). They used to have a burger that they wrapped in lettuce instead of using a bun. Not sure if they still do that, but you could ask.
I believe that Boston Pizza has low carb options on the menu too.

We went to vancouver the week after I started on IP. We went to Swiss Chalet, I had some rotisserie (sp) chicken, but I should have ordered two sides of veggies, because the salad was pretty much just lettuce.

Another option...a lot of the Co-op grocery stores in BC have salad bars (where you pay by weight). There are usually boiled eggs, shrimp, crabmeat etc to cover the protein.

Finally, google vegan or vegetarian restaurants in Vancouver...there are absolutely tons of them and most of them sell salad by weight. (there is a fantastic one on Granville Island in the food market).

Hope all this helps.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #4  

I'd call ahead, it may have burned down, lost all its windows or been generally trashed....
froggydawgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

It's shameful what happened in Van last night...but, don't let it get to you! It's a fantastic city with fantastic people, you'll love it!
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #6  
started IP March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 236.5/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Smile

There is another great place at Granville Island that will steam whatever kind of veggie you like (they usually have broccoli, cauliflower, zuccini on hand). It's not too far into the food market off the main entrance - just go straight and it's on your right hand side.
fae67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

HA!! I will be sure to check ahead, froggydawgy... Thanks!
(p.s. I was rooting for the Canucks)

Thanks for all the tips! I did find the veggie places near the market. I am really looking forward to some cooler weather, that's for sure.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote